Green Lantern: The Motion Picture

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reading the reviews especially from folks who dislike it, I think I know where this went wrong in terms of promotion. I'll be sure after I see the film though.

Wow, I thought it was a given that GL would be a better film than Transformers 3 (which comes out the week after). No longer a safe bet.

Don't know why but I feel truly bad for you Green Lantern fans. I've never been very interested in the character or the comics, but I wanted this film to succeed.

So pumped for Transformers 3. I always assumed it was going to be the movie of the summer. :lol

:lol It'll make the most money, at the very least.

This is the problem. People love crap and they are willing to pay for it.

Last edited:
Roger Ebert's take on the film:

https://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110615/REVIEWS/110619994

The bottom line: This is a comic-book movie. Fans of the Green Lantern (in his intergalactic story mode and not his earthbound TV series) will no doubt enjoy its visualizations and its references to details of the back story that escaped me. There's a whole lot going on. We don't really expect subtle acting or nuanced dialogue. We appreciate an effective villain. We demand one chaste kiss between hero and heroine, but no funny stuff. We enjoy spectacular visuals like the Green elders, who are immortal and apparently spend eternity balancing on top of towering pillars. "Green Lantern" delivers all of those things, and for what it's worth, I liked it more than "Thor."

:rotfl @: "We enjoy spectacular visuals like the Green elders, who are immortal and apparently spend eternity balancing on top of towering pillars."

I really liked Thor, so hopefully that bodes well for my enjoyment of this. :)

It's funny that Ebert hates 3D so much that he feels the need to rant about it in every single review and will even add on an extra half star or so if they let him watch it in 2D.

Back