Green Lantern: The Motion Picture

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Green Lantern Storyboards And Concept Art Reveals Parallax And Krona

from comicbookmovie.com:
I was contacted earlier today by someone claiming to have obtained the following pictures in a "friend of a friend" type situation. While I was initially reluctant to take any notice of them, the information they provided me with as well as the fact that the pictures are all extremely convincing, leads me to believe that they're 100% genuine. As you can see in the first image, the man (apparently one of the producers) holding that concept art is actually looking up at the same buildings. Of course, we'll soon find out their authenticity if we're asked by Warner Bros to remove them.

greenlanternstoryboard1.jpg

greenlanternstoryboard2.jpg

greenlanternstoryboard3.jpg

Not a fan of the nose and mouth area judging from that pic. The CGI looks pretty bad on the head in general - I really hope there's a ton of work left to be done as anything I've seen from this film be it the trailer or stills has suffered from terrible CGI

Yeah, I don't care for the whole wrinkly face design and the beady, wide spaced eyes. I wish they would have stuck with something closer to the comic.

The concept art looked better to me.

tomarre-greenlaternFLscanBIG-tsr1.jpg

_1264624256.jpg

Last edited:
I'm sure they're treading a fine line with those GLC alien designs, trying to stay faithful to the comics while also trying to come up with something that people will take seriously. Let's be honest, a lot of them are pretty goofy looking in a 1950's B sci-fi kind of way.

I'm sure they're treading a fine line with those GLC alien designs, trying to stay faithful to the comics while also trying to come up with something that people will take seriously. Let's be honest, a lot of them are pretty goofy looking in a 1950's B sci-fi kind of way.

I would take the concept art Tomar way more serious than the wrinkled ball sack looking Tomar we are getting. The concept art is at least more faithful to the comic look.

Re: Green Lantern movie trailer (The real One)

I don't know if this hase been posted yet, so here ya go.

AFM

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/8NWGl_A3b60?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/8NWGl_A3b60?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Just watched this trailer for the first time tonight.

Has a bit of a Fantastic 4 kind of feel (which is not a good thing), and I wish they would leave out the humor, but it looks decent otherwise.

I'd buy a HT figure. :)

Yeah my hopes for this movie have faded quite a bit - I was expecting a far better trailer, and hence a lot more hype to be generated by this stage.

The post-production work on the CGI I feel is what will make or break this film - from what i've read, the story should be strong enough, it's a matter of execution though, both in the visuals (look poor in the trailer but that is I hope due to unfinished CGI work) and in the acting (Don't associate Reynolds with good acting but Mark Strong is one of the best, so who knows).

No announcement yet but I have a feeling since its a CGI suit they are waiting until official pics and final trailer is up and running. The suit looks to be made to look like a rubbery suit of second skin by the textures so I would imagine we'll be getting something similar to OC Batman but thinner if not directly painted rubber muscle suits which might also hinder the release of an announcement because all of that needs to be approved. As much marketing as we are about to see for Green Lantern, I'd be shocked if HT passed.

They are waiting on The Green Hornet to pass so it doesn't confuse folks from what I understand.

It looks very hit or miss to me. And I really don't like the "second skin" look of the suit. Could Reynold have a smaller waist? :monkey4

Back