Green Lantern: The Motion Picture

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hahah no not cuz of crappy costumes lol

Cuz of a crappy trailer and utterly no news since

Well this isn't really news, but I was on the WB studio tour on January 25th and our guide took us by the sound stage where they were doing reshoots for Green Lantern. All I saw was them taking the green screens down. He said that an insider secret of Hollywood was that when movies have to do reshoots, it won't turn out well. :(

Because of some crappy cheapo Halloween costumes? Have a little faith my man.

Crappy costumes are a telltale sign of a terrible movie. Case in point:
12395k.jpg

Because of some crappy cheapo Halloween costumes? Have a little faith my man.

Exactly, the costumes for all movies pretty much suck. Not to mention the difficulties in transferring something from CGI into real life. It's like worrying about the look of the film from the crappy Mattel figures they'll be releasing and me buying.

So they are two green lantern costume's in this movie ?

I'm not sure if this is a specific question to the Halloween costumes or just a general question. If it is general Hal Jordan is NOT the only Green Lantern in existence and never has been. To date there are 3600 sectors with 7200 members of the GLC. He is the Green Lantern of Sector 2814 and even that won't be accurately portrayed in the film since there are two GLs assigned per sector. According to early reports you should see at least 80 different GLs.

Am I imagining things again, or weren't we supposed to get a super bowl spot for this?

The Entertainment Tonight premiere footage was supposed to be the Super Bowl spot originally. Nothing further was planned for the Super Bowl mainly because WB/DC wanted to avoid any cross promotion when The Green Hornet was promoting. They purposefully took off these months so it wouldn't confuse audiences. Look for the hype machine to jump back up in March when the first merchandise hits, the official trailer is out and you'll see them push hard.

Other than Nolan's Batman movies, why?

Because of Nolan's movies mainly. DC/WB has said that Nolan "broke the mold" bringing a seriousness to the genre. Favreau did the same for Marvel films with Iron Man. I think both Thor and Captain America will benefit from the road that Favreau laid and GL and Superman in term will benefit from the Nolan influence. Not to mention in early days this was being shopped as DC's Iron Man.

As for the reshoots, Martin Campbell admitted that everything under the film would be under a microscope and relooked at and redone including costuming if need be. I have faith that if reshoots are being done it's to make it fit better. They reshot just about every major blockbuster in recent times.

New action figure reveals another character and I can't say I care for the redesign of this one either.

NautKeLoi, from the planet Aeros, dates all the way back to an appearance in Green Lantern #9 in 1961. As you can see below, the water-breathing creature has had some significant alterations for his look in the film.

Neutkeloi.jpg

They are really pulling for the Alien look for this. This is the fishbowl GL from DCD 1/6 line. I guarantee you that all of the GLs will be radically different than the original humanoid versions from the olden times. It may be overzealous but it's at least innovative.

There are plenty of bizarre aliens already. They could have went with a head closer to the comics and not the "Blob" head with five chins on that body design which looks stupid.

I'm really curious to see how the aliens come across in this flick. It could either be very cool, or very goofy. Of what little I know of GLC aliens, a lot of them tend to look like 50's bug-eyed B movie monster types like ol' fish guy there.

I'm starting to think things are getting to the extreme nit-picky stage, based on a movie no one has yet seen.

If this is a good movie with a decent story and compelling performances, I doubt anyone is going to be running around screaming "I hate this! Obscuro, GL of subsector 26487664543.2 Doesn't look a thing like his comic appearence back in 1965. His antennae aren't even the correct color!"

If it's a bad movie, with awful acting and a horrible script, there will be plenty of time to detest it and revile it later

I'm starting to think things are getting to the extreme nit-picky stage, based on a movie no one has yet seen.

If this is a good movie with a decent story and compelling performances, I doubt anyone is going to be running around screaming "I hate this! Obscuro, GL of subsector 26487664543.2 Doesn't look a thing like his comic appearence back in 1965. His antennae aren't even the correct color!"

If it's a bad movie, with awful acting and a horrible script, there will be plenty of time to detest it and revile it later

It's always like this. :cuckoo:

Fanboys live to pick apart and rip a movie before it's even out. :lecture :lol

I'm really curious to see how the aliens come across in this flick. It could either be very cool, or very goofy. Of what little I know of GLC aliens, a lot of them tend to look like 50's bug-eyed B movie monster types like ol' fish guy there.

For the majority of the GLC's history their Aliens have been more human with weird heads than anything else. The B movie monsters were few and far between and mostly done as comic relief. In modern times they look more bizarre and have continued to do so, really pulling out all the stops here but its for mostly background characters.

If this is a good movie with a decent story and compelling performances, I doubt anyone is going to be running around screaming "I hate this! Obscuro, GL of subsector 26487664543.2 Doesn't look a thing like his comic appearence back in 1965. His antennae aren't even the correct color!" If it's a bad movie, with awful acting and a horrible script, there will be plenty of time to detest it and revile it later

Realistically you're right about "Obscuro", most of these GLs won't even have interaction with Hal, they'll just be around while he is on Oa. The only GLs that seem according to original treatments to have direct interaction with Hal is Sinestro, Kilowog, Tomar Re and Abin Sur. Everyone else is background fodder and just meant to Ooooh and Awwww like the Cantina Aliens for example.

It's always like this. :cuckoo: Fanboys live to pick apart and rip a movie before it's even out. :lecture :lol

That's not true. I'm a fanboy fully excited for this one. :lol

Yeah, I know. I just wish the movie would come out before the discussion turns to whether the tread pattern on the soles of GL's shoes is authentic to the comic version :panic:

It won't be.....it just won't be. :(

Back