Green Lantern: The Motion Picture

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea....po'd :rotfl actually I take that back, I'll be buying it but there's no reason to PO it, considering how many people plan to buy it

This would have been my choice for the Extended Cut.

greenlanternposter457.jpeg

I like the movie designs aside from Hal's cartoony mask. I think all of the technical work was fantastic. They just needed a better showcase for it.

Nah, she's easy on the eyes.

The film itself has some flaws but I really did enjoy it quite a bit. So for me personally I will gladly buy this Blu when it comes out and be excited to add it to my comic-movie collection.

This movie is absolutely no worse than the original Spider-Man film from Sam Raimi. It definitely has its flaws but overall it was a fun ride and a fantastic first outing for this character on the big screen. WB was putting a lot of eggs in this basket which I think lead to trying to make it really over the top and make it a spectacle. Hopefully they've learned from some of the missteps and some of the mistakes and create a sequel that properly throws this fantastic hero on screen alongside the rest of the DC crew.

I think the only reason people thought this film sucked was because it came out the same year as one fantastic comic book film and two very good ones. This one was definitely the weakest so it automatically sucks.

I didn't think it was great, but I don't think it was terrible. I'd give it a 6/10. And yeah, Blake Lively was by far the hottest of all the comic book film chicks this year imo.

The film was a disappointment - there's no doubt about it. The character development was near non-existent and the GL Corps were never shown to be the intergalactic protectors that they were supposed to be.

And Sinestro's mid credits scene came really out of the blue - yeah they hinted towards his dissatisfaction with the Guardians ways but once Parallax was defeated it didn't make any sense to me as to why he would put the yellow ring on.

Anyway I still enjoyed it, I'd also give it a 6/10 - ok film which could have been MUCH better

Back