GOTHAM - BATMAN Prequel TV Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're back. :wink1:

db479466ae352795ec91b96f44c5234e.jpg

a10ffd6562d7fed7cfd459ed3c572853.jpg

Yaaaay! Did you give Ben McKenzie my phone number yet? :lol

The first season, chaotic as it may have been, was a lot of fun and it regularly felt like Gotham. Definitely looking forward to the new coherence they claim to have achieved. They have so much to work with.

I started enjoying it a lot more once it crossed the line into Crazytown frolicks. I thought The Joker kid was pretty crappy, and The Scarecrow stuff was equally "meh," but, once Dulmacher gender-bent Jeffrey "The Re-Animator" Combs, I was like "**** it; I'm in." I loved the Season Finale, and I feel like, now that the show has been "unleashed," if you will, it's going to be infinitely more entertaining. I will say, though, and I'm probably in the minority on this one, but I feel like Fish Mooney not being a part of it is a bit disappointing. Back when it was towing the line, and I thought they were taking a semi-realistic approach, I thought she seemed very out of place, but, as it is right now, I feel like her over-the-top, zany antics would fit right in, tonally.

Seriously, the writers better have sat down and admitted they were all over the place the first year.

Ben McKenzie admitted that mistakes were made last year. saying that originally they were only 16 episodes, and they were extended, so things got a big complicated.

Also, Michael Chiklis is joining the cast, so that's exciting.

I wasn't going to tune in this year, but I will now.

I just wish they wouldn't try to shoe-horn in so much Bat-mythos, introducing ALL of the villains before Batman shows up seems like a bad idea. I liked the concept that Nolan introduced of the super-villains being a result of Batman showing up, like a game of one-ups-manship.

I'm really excited to see this show get started again. Between this, Flash, Arrow and SPN, my Fall is set.

Back