GI Joe: Renegades (New Animated Series Debuting 11/26/10)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GI Joe: Renegades (New Animated Series Debuting 10/10/2010)

So it looks like this is going to suck big time. Was Resolute any good?

I thought he was Hawaiian. :huh

Yep, Torpedo was Hawaiian.

Off the top of my head:

Asians were Tunnel Rat, Jinx, Quick Kick and Budo.

African Americans were Stalker, Doc, Roadblock, Iceberg, and Hardball.

Native Americans were Airborne and Spirit.

ugggh.....what they hell are they doing to the franchise??? i can crap out a better show than this.

Was Resolute any good?

It had it's moments. They didn't seem to know how to use the Cobras very well though. Storm Shadow was a brat, Zartan was...well he sucked. At least it felt like GI Joe though. This new show looks like X-Men Evolution.

So it looks like this is going to suck big time. Was Resolute any good?

^ what mando said. it felt like gi joe. i liked it a lot. my main problem was there wasn't more of it.

Iceberg was another black guy. Thank you for not saying Ripcord. There was also Airborne and Spirit representing for the Native Americans. The comics even had a badass Eskimo.

I'd never mention Ripcord and now Lady Jaye.

Yep, quite a few Joes I left off there.
I did some digging, and I came up with a few more Joes:
Alpine and some guy I never heard of called Stretcher are black. Another I don't know called Red Dog from Slaughter's Marauders was Samoan. I'm not willing to delve any deeper into the 90's Joes or any Devil's Due crap.
GI Joe was quite diverse, but surprisingly, there's no Hispanics.

Alpine and some guy I never heard of called Stretcher are black. Another I don't know called Red Dog from Slaughter's Marauders was Samoan. I'm not willing to delve any deeper into the 90's Joes or any Devil's Due crap.

I believe both Zap and Law are Hispanic.

Again, The Viper was Hispanic. :lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly:

And you guys are lame. Clutch was a Jew and guess what? Zap was Hispanic.

Clutch was the ____. He was the first swivel-arm figure I ever got.

My first clutch came with the VAMP. Straight armed and thumbless after many attempts at getting him to hold the steering wheel. :lol

yah, clutch looked like some one had booby trapped the steering wheel and shifter.

obviously not the cartoon version but wasn't shipwreck hispanic...hector delgado?

Last edited:

My first clutch came with the VAMP. Straight armed and thumbless after many attempts at getting him to hold the steering wheel. :lol

Yeah, it was the VAMP version. But by the time I got the VAMP swivel-arms were just, and I was the first of my friends to have one, coming out.

My brother wasn't into GI Joe and one year my Aunt, who worked at Sears, gave him a ton of Joes for his birthday.... Almost all the originals and all swivel arm with the exception of Zap, who was a straight arm. Still, they were pretty much mine from the moment my brother opened the box. I can still remember opening all of them and playing that same night. My brother was too busy with whatever else he got. Major score for me. :hi5: Anyway, that was how many of my original straight arm figs got replaced.

No! Law! Law had a Hispanic accent in the Joe movie (the real one) and isn't Shipwreck adopted, for argument sake.

Back