GI Joe: Renegades (New Animated Series Debuting 11/26/10)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GI Joe: Renegades (New Animated Series Debuting 10/10/2010)

Damn, the show hasnt been aired and a figure is already out? Damn Hasbro.:lol

DSC_0041_6475.jpg

:huh Man they just really don't get it. Make Resolute a full-fledged series and they'd have an instant hit.

Ugh. They should have stayed with the resolute designs.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

I'd love to see the whole original series redone that way. Think about it, the original voices (and obviously cheesy storylines) of Destro, CC, Duke, Flint, but with today's animation and character deaths.

Nope. Chris Latta died years ago :)monkey2). And no one else can really pull of his Cobra Commander (he was also Gung-Ho and a couple others). They've tried replicating his Starscream a few different times with Transformers, and have failed every time. And without Latta, they needn't bother getting any of the rest of the original voice cast back.

Yeah...no. :tap Leave the OG series alone. Do a whole new series to go with the animation and keep it modern like Resolute.

:lecture

Besides, as nostalgic as the original series remains, it really was beyond cheesy at times. Some episodes are even embarrassing to watch now.

Is that where they re-write Snake-Eyes' backstory so that he didn't join the Arashikage ninja clan, but rather a group of New York street performing mimes?

i'll give anything a try when it comes to g.i. joe, but this art is looking sketchy to me. :(

Nope. Chris Latta died years ago :)monkey2). And no one else can really pull of his Cobra Commander (he was also Gung-Ho and a couple others).

That's why I said original voice recordings and not voice actors. I'm sure even most of the living actors sound quite different now but I'd still like to see how the original series plays with the same dialogue but updated and edgier animation.

Although the character designs look shoddy, I'll give it a try.

I hope the dog in the pic with Snake Eyes is not in the cartoon. :slap

The dog is obviously not GIJoe. Looks like a promotional wall with cutouts.

i'll give it a try. maybe it will be un-officially resolute-ish.

Looks like the Snake Eyes design is based on ROC. :cuckoo: :slap

Pics look horrible. Thats enough for me to not watch it.

Resolute was an undeniable success. Why then would they go and mess that up? Why not just do a Resolute series from 'the beginging' (ie everyone hasn't died yet)? I just feel this will get watered down for the kiddies. :slap

Resolute was an undeniable success. Why then would they go and mess that up? Why not just do a Resolute series from 'the beginging' (ie everyone hasn't died yet)? I just feel this will get watered down for the kiddies. :slap

Money. It probably cost them a decent fair for the Japanese animation of Resolute. This looks inexpensive and cheap in comparison.

when the show gets cancel, they will blame on lack of viewers. Hmmmmm...wonder why.

Resolute is awesome and they should make the new series similar to that.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

Nope. Chris Latta died years ago :)monkey2). And no one else can really pull of his Cobra Commander (he was also Gung-Ho and a couple others). They've tried replicating his Starscream a few different times with Transformers, and have failed every time. And without Latta, they needn't bother getting any of the rest of the original voice cast back.

:lecture

Besides, as nostalgic as the original series remains, it really was beyond cheesy at times. Some episodes are even embarrassing to watch now.

This guy is pretty good. :dunno

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/GbANBxbmLfw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/GbANBxbmLfw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Money. It probably cost them a decent fair for the Japanese animation of Resolute. This looks inexpensive and cheap in comparison.

I think that studio wasn't from Japan or Korea; not sure if it was the same people that animated Avatar.

Back