Did all the Cobra villains die at the end of the GI: Joe animated movie?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did Cobra's villains die at the end of the animated movie?

• Total voters
Fridge
Bazooka
Grid Iron
Red Dog
Big Lob
Hardball

And I guess Big Boa would count as well.

Maybe Slaughter.

Fridge
Bazooka
Grid Iron
Red Dog
Big Lob
Hardball

And I guess Big Boa would count as well.

Maybe Slaughter.

For Cobra I would include:
Big Boa
Frag Viper (It comes with a Jai Lai thing to fling the grenades)
And MAYBE the Range Viper (in the Dic cartoon, the range viper played football against Cpt. Grid Iron)

Does Cross-Country count? I think he was supposed to be a fictionalized version of a NASCAR driver :lol

In the '80s, McMahon was still trying to push pro wrestling as "real." Too bad Iron Sheik and Nikolai Volkoff didn't join Cobra at the same time, so we could have had more Joe-styled wrestlers.

The one glaring omission from the original toy line.

You know why Duke grabs the flag and flies to the top if the Statue of Liberty, needlessly?

Because he f-ing can!

I was just listening to an old interview with Buzz Dixon on the Whats on Joe Mind podcast and he clearly stated Cobra was done for at the end of the movie. Funny, I never saw it that way as a kid. They had plans to go in another direction with a different enemy but Sunbow was dropped in favor DIC. He also was recounting how the name Cobra La was just a working name but Hasbro liked it and ran with it.

I was just listening to an old interview with Buzz Dixon on the Whats on Joe Mind podcast and he clearly stated Cobra was done for at the end of the movie. Funny, I never saw it that way as a kid. They had plans to go in another direction with a different enemy but Sunbow was dropped in favor DIC. He also was recounting how the name Cobra La was just a working name but Hasbro liked it and ran with it.

I don't think any of us felt Cobra was done for, least of all Hasbro who had/has final say on everything. It's one of the things that used to piss off Hama endlessly.

Back