GI JOE: RETALIATION 1:18 hitting pegs @ TRUs, WALMARTs, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeltaForceChung

BANNED
Reaction score
See subject.

With the upcoming release of the new film/sequel, I'm starting to see previously released figures & vehicles start to hit the toy aisle @ TRUs & WALMARTs again.

I'm not impressed with with what I've seen firsthand with the assortment of 1:18 figures & vehicles; however, I took a visit to two WALMART stores in my area this afternoon and ended up buying a few figures.

I purchased the following.

GI JOE TROOPER (V2B w/ tan collar) X 4
RED NINJA X 4

The GI JOE TROOPER overall is a good solid figure. I'm getting a STEEL BRIGADE/HALO/UNSC MARINE/SPARTAN vibe from it.

The majority of the accessories are OK, but the back pack IMHO is rather odd.

The RED NINJA is basically the previously released STORM SHADOW figure from the RENEGADES series done in red (DUH!).

I guess I was mostly in a "troop builder" mode today.

I saw a few of the vehicles, but skip the TREAD RIPPER tank because I've heard/read that the articulation on certain vehicle figures are very limited (i.e. cheap@$$ route by HASBRO).

The paint applications on the assortment of figures I've seen vary in quality (IMHO) so if you're inclined to buy any then carefully look at the figures before check out.

The only other figure I would consider buying is LADY JAYE when she's in the next wave of assortment that should be hitting soon (hopefully).

Last edited:
I've seen plenty of Lady Jaye, Rock 2.0, "Flint", Firefly, Colton, Snake Eyes v597,231 and Storm Shadow v596,429. Also the tech vipers or whatever. Those later waves are out. Disappointed even Hasbro is giving the new Cobra Commander the look the shaft by no figure of it. Just that early concept art version in the first wave.

And at $10 a pop, these things are going to rot on the pegs.

I've seen plenty of Lady Jaye, Rock 2.0, "Flint", Firefly, Colton, Snake Eyes v597,231 and Storm Shadow v596,429. Also the tech vipers or whatever. Those later waves are out. Disappointed even Hasbro is giving the new Cobra Commander the look the shaft by no figure of it. Just that early concept art version in the first wave.

And at $10 a pop, these things are going to rot on the pegs.
--

I agree. If they were priced around $5.99 to $7.99@ like the previous offerings, then it may be worthwhile, but all the retailers are pricing them at full retail of around $9.99 each and the online retailers specializing in 1:18, etc. got them way overpriced for obvious reasons.

I didn't open any yet, but I'm saving my receipt none less.

I'll need to keep an eye out for LADY JAYE in my area.

I got their version of the Alley Viper, what I really want is that 4x4 with Snake Eyes, I see tons of the other two vehicles stacked at all the stores, but I'm wondering if its out yet. :dunno

I got their version of the Alley Viper, what I really want is that 4x4 with Snake Eyes, I see tons of the other two vehicles stacked at all the stores, but I'm wondering if its out yet. :dunno
--

The 4X4 you're referring to is the NINJA COMMANDO 4X4 (i.e. re-purposed A.W.E. STRIKER from 1988).

I've seen it @ TRUs & WALMARTs in my area.

Back