GI Joe: Renegades (New Animated Series Debuting 11/26/10)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't take offense to it having different character designs and concepts of their background stories. We are 25 years on here and times have changed.

Me neither. The only thing I don't like about the change is what they did with Storm Shadow. I'm not comparing him to the original, but I just think the new look looks dumb.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

I enjoy this show. I don't take offense to it having different character designs and concepts of their background stories. We are 25 years on here and times have changed. This is still, as it always was, a kid's property. My kids love this show and I love enjoying it with them. Plus I always waited for a GI Joe cartoon to give SE a lead role. I feel the writers are respecting the core of the source material while putting their spin on it. It's all good with me.

I don't mind the different character designs as long as they still resemble the character I grew up with in the 80's and 90's. Duke still noticeably Duke, Snake Eyes still noticeably Snake Eyes and even half masked Cobra Commander is still noticably Cobra Commander but then characters like Dr. Mindebender, Scrap Iron and even Zartan look nothing like how they did and I wouldn't even know it was the same character if it wasn't pointed out to me.

I understand that. I was put off by some of the new designs, too. I just think they're going to end up looking like their classic version somehow as the story moves along.

At the very least I hope Zartan starts to look more Zartanish. Even if they just add the tattoos around his eyes, I'll be fine. Like I said I don't mind design changes as long as I can still recognize the character and I don't mind slight alterations to a character's background as long as the core of the character the same.

Starting to watch these on Netflix... I missed them first go around. I didnt pause or turn off the first episode.. so I guess I am liking it thus far.

Back