Did all the Cobra villains die at the end of the GI: Joe animated movie?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did Cobra's villains die at the end of the animated movie?

• Total voters
Like I posted in the other thread, MOTU had an animated movie in the Secret of the Sword. I checked Box Office Mojo, and it looks like it made seven and a half million. Don't know if that's a success or a failure.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=secretofthesword.htm

Did better than Transformers apparently.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=transformers.htm

I suspect part of this has to do with when the movies were released. By the time Transformers came out the cartoon had wound down (season 3 was a joke) and interest had waned as Hasbro had started moving away from what made the line successful. He-Man movie came out in 1985, which was still a peak collecting time.

I never got this impression, but maybe I need to watch the movie again...

Well, after the crippling defeat of Cobra-La by Sgt. Slaughter and Don Johnson, the remaining elements of Cobra were scattered to the four corners of the earth...

Major Bludd returned to Australia where he proceeded to give up his terrorist lifestyle and became Employee of the Month at a Lay-Z-Boy recliner sales shop shortly before being brutally murdered in a freak encounter with an Aborigine.

Zartan and his siblings returned to their swamp headquarters and turned to cranking out meth to a local nunnery before being gunned down in a hail of gunfire with the local authorities.

The Drednoks moved to Modesto, California have have since found great success as AmWay salesmen.

Destro and the Baroness had a falling out and went their separate ways. The Baroness ended up starring in a short-lived reality TV show on Lifetime before being found dead in her swimming pool of an apparent amphetamine overdose. Destro spent some time trying to re-build his vast weapons empire before finally succumbing to rampant drug addiction and eventually whoring himself out at dockside bars to Thai Lady Boys. After a particularly harrowing night of debauchery, he awoke three days later to find his head had rusted to a lightpole.

Serpentor changed his name to Doug Penderghast and has enjoyed a successful career as a ventriloquist in Vegas.

Well, after the crippling defeat of Cobra-La by Sgt. Slaughter and Don Johnson, the remaining elements of Cobra were scattered to the four corners of the earth...

Major Bludd returned to Australia where he proceeded to give up his terrorist lifestyle and became Employee of the Month at a Lay-Z-Boy recliner sales shop shortly before being brutally murdered in a freak encounter with an Aborigine.

Zartan and his siblings returned to their swamp headquarters and turned to cranking out meth to a local nunnery before being gunned down in a hail of gunfire with the local authorities.

The Drednoks moved to Modesto, California have have since found great success as AmWay salesmen.

Destro and the Baroness had a falling out and went their separate ways. The Baroness ended up starring in a short-lived reality TV show on Lifetime before being found dead in her swimming pool of an apparent amphetamine overdose. Destro spent some time trying to re-build his vast weapons empire before finally succumbing to rampant drug addiction and eventually whoring himself out at dockside bars to Thai Lady Boys. After a particularly harrowing night of debauchery, he awoke three days later to find his head had rusted to a lightpole.

Serpentor changed his name to Doug Penderghast and has enjoyed a successful career as a ventriloquist in Vegas.
--

As for the JOES . . .

Duke & Scarlett got married, but their marriage ended in divorce after a short period. Duke went on to star as a head liner for Chippendales. Scarlett briefly starred in a series of low budget martial arts action films before disappearing into obscurity.

Snake Eyes went to Hollywood and became an in demand martial arts stunt man and changed his name to Ray Park.

Road Block opened his own restaurant in New Orleans and competed in Hell's Kitchen before having his restaurant also featured in Kitchen Nightmares.

Shipwreck joined the Village People as the new sailor.

Lady Jaye became an outspoken activist for the LGBT community.

Cover Girl returned to being a fashion model and participated in America's Next Top Model.

Last edited:
The only think that could kill a cobra character in a joe cartoon is sideshow. They're great at killing things.

there were trading cards that came out where some joes and some cobra's did not make it.
I remember doc was one of them that was killed in line of duty as well as dusty. baroness was killed and storm shadow is always listed as unknown.

I think you're thinking about reference to the comic, which was what those cards from the early '90s were concerned with. Doc and several other Joes were killed by a psychopathic SAW Viper.

here is some info I pulled off of my paper I re-wrote from the trading cards.

Breaker and quick kick was killed trying to escape from a cobra tanker after being captured.

Flash and main frame"1st" died in an explosion (big news there)

Doc ,crankcase, heavy metal and thunder executed by SAW viper

Scarlett mortally wounded received purple heart and forced retirement.

Lady Jaye killed by a red ninja stabbed

Jinx killed by chuckles while he was undercover which he was latter discovered as a joe and was killed himself.

on the cobra side.

baroness I mentioned earlier, but cant confirm cant find her card all I have is what I wrote down

dr. mindbender buried alive by cobra commander
monkey wrench killed trying to escape prison

Yup, all that's in reference to the comics. those were some pretty good stuff.
Some devil's due in there too now that i think about it.

I don't know I cant find any of the cards I didn't put in with my figures. which makes me mad because I had a lot of cards

Cobra Commander die or just become 100% snake?

All I remember Is cobra commander just simply vanished no body so I don't know if he died. He could have been so humiliated after being defeated he went into seclusion.

I read somewhere one of the twins died can anyone remember if it was tomax or zamot

Back