GI Joe: Renegades (New Animated Series Debuting 11/26/10)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GI Joe: Renegades (New Animated Series Debuting 10/10/2010)

The more I see of this, the worse it gets.
They even ripped off the premise from The A-Team!
Things go wrong and they are blamed for a crime they didn't commit and go on the run.
More info and pics of the other character designs can be found here:
https://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=293&itemid=16163

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/qHKTb2tNai0&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/qHKTb2tNai0&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

The Laser guns are back too. :gah:

The more I see of this, the worse it gets.
They even ripped off the premise from The A-Team!

More info and pics of the other character designs can be found here:
https://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=293&itemid=16163

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/qHKTb2tNai0&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/qHKTb2tNai0&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

The Laser guns are back too. :gah:

Actually, that's not an A-team ripoff. There were several stories where government cover-ups caused the Joe team, or certain members, to go "renegade." It looks a hell of a lot better than I thought it would and it looks like SE is killing those armed guards, so that's not exactly a total fail. :lol

Actually, that's not an A-team ripoff. There were several stories where government cover-ups caused the Joe team, or certain members, to go "renegade." It looks a hell of a lot better than I thought it would and it looks like SE is killing those armed guards, so that's not exactly a total fail. :lol

Sounds like an interesting story.

I like stories with a partisan corrupt US government.

Whatever they do, it's free for me. l'll download and watch till I lose interest.

Animation sucks, but I might watch it. If nothing else is on. And my DVR is empty.

That looks friggin horrible. Why oh why didn't they just stick with Resolute? :slap

Animation sucks, but I might watch it. If nothing else is on. And my DVR is empty.

this show looks gay and its not G.I.Joe to me

It's almost identical to the A-Team, and if such a story was done in the comics, then The A-Team was ripped off there first.
The premise of the A-Team was well established, so why be so derivative?

True Snake Eyes did slice some bad guys up, but any cool factor was negated by Snakes cutting up that gummy monster.
I like the fantastical stuff from the 80's Cartoon, but that stuff is best left in the past. Resolute was the way to go. Restart it with the same approach as Resolute but tone down the violence and you have a winner.

It's almost identical to the A-Team, and if such a story was done in the comics, then The A-Team was ripped off there first.
The premise of the A-Team was well established, so why be so derivative?

True Snake Eyes did slice some bad guys up, but any cool factor was negated by Snakes cutting up that gummy monster.
I like the fantastical stuff from the 80's Cartoon, but that stuff is best left in the past. Resolute was the way to go. Restart it with the same approach as Resolute but tone down the violence and you have a winner.

:dunno A-team debut (January 23, 1983) six months after the Joe comic (June 1982). So who was "well established" first?

You cant follow resolute with anything that looks like this does. FAIL!

:dunno A-team debut (January 23, 1983) six months after the Joe comic (June 1982). So who was "well established" first?

Well its not like the Joes were wanted by the government for a crime they didn't commit in the first six issues of the series. The A-Team obviously did it first.

The one that told the "blamed for a crime they didn't commit and go on the run.......aren't anti-heroes and as they are on the run they will end up stopping along the way to help people." premise first of course. :lol

Well its not like the Joes were wanted by the government for a crime they didn't commit in the first six issues of the series. The A-Team obviously did it first.

Well, you'd have a better argument if the Joes had been ordered to rob the Hanoi bank and Flagg had been killed by the Vietcong, with his office burned, erasing all evidence of their mission to end the Vietnam "Police Action" deeming them bank robbers. :lol

Rambo was arrested for a crime he didn't commit as well, a year before the A-team. :lecture :exactly: :goodpost:

eh, i'll give it a shot. might end up being cool. though really it just makes me want to go watch resolute.

LOL lots of haters.

The animation looks pretty similar to Resolute. A little more stylized and triangular with the designs.

I'll watch the show. I'm a fan of GI JOE and I've been wanting a good new updated series for a long time. I loved the Sigma 6 toys, but the cartoon left a lot to be desired. I loved Resolute but it only amounted to a short movie. And there wasn't much room to go with it storywise after it was over.

I'll give this series a shot because the movies are junk. I'm cool with a series if its matured somewhat from the 1980's cartoon.

Not liking what I am seeing so far, but I'll give it a shot first. But yeah, they really should have done Resolute as a series. Resolute felt like it took place in the middle of a series or near the end with the amount of main characters they killed off. If they made a 'prequel' seires of Resolute, it would have been great.

And I'm not sure if this version or RoC's Cobra Commander looks worse :lol

Back