Jason Reitman's GHOSTBUSTERS: Afterlife - March 2021

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Jason Reitman's GHOSTBUSTERS: Afterlife - Summer 2020

Yeah, a sophomore was a bit of an embellishment. The point though is that she would have had to have been a teen still, so relatively young. Like you said, not unprecedented, but also still kind of a squeeze at the same time in order to fit a generation in between.

The math doesn't work because Egon's daughter would have been born in the 90's and not the 80's.

The truth is we know nothing about Egon, Ray, Winston and Peter. The only thing we know about Egon was that he collected spores molds and fungus, and they showed that in this trailer. We see his collection. You'd think him having a child or wife would be alluded in GB or GB2 if he had one, but they didn't because he clearly wasn't a family guy, hence why the 3 guys lived in the fire house. The three guys were single with no kids, clearly.

I keep thinking that as well. A millennial having a 16 year old son now is kind of a stretch. I mean you know, presuming she didn?t get knocked up as a teen.

Out of the four, Winston seems like the one that could have possibly eventually became a family man. However, I suppose you had to have one of the founding three be the ancestor if equipment was going to be bequeathed.

I had a moving guy in DC tell me he became a father at 12. That's how they roll in DC. And... in Stephen King's "It" book I guess too.:dunno

Yeah, a sophomore was a bit of an embellishment. The point though is that she would have had to have been a teen still, so relatively young. Like you said, not unprecedented, but also still kind of a squeeze at the same time in order to fit a generation in between.

Hey, Reitman did direct teen pregnancy movie "Juno.":lecture:lol

A shocking number of people believe the Earth is flat. Never underestimate the ignorance of the general public.

Sorry to inform the eggheads, but believing the earth is flat ain't that tough because it LOOKS flat from earth - no matter where you are, even on top of huge mountains. You can then claim NASA faked videos or whatever in terms of space viewpioints that actually show a curve.

But thousands of people seeing ghosts all at the same time as NYC gets trashed by a towering marshmallow man (that presumably was widely videotaped both by news and amateurs) is a whole lot harder not to believe in.

You can argue - lamely, yes - that thousands of people somehow had a shared delusion (or something?) rather than them actually seeing ghosts but a marhsmallow man that lays waste to physical structures and COVERS ENTIRE STREETS WITH MARSHMALLOW and likely took weeks if not months to clean/repair?:slap

I mean come on, wtf peeps.:lol

The only way it works for me is if Egon donated sperm , or simply got a woman pregnant, as one of his extended, human psychology studies on the effects of long term parental deprivation and it's impact on future generations of offspring or something. Apparently, even Einstein had in illegitimate child that he was unaware of that was given up for adoption.

It would add up, because:

A) Women definitely were attracted to him. Outside of Janine, Egon definitely had other interested females.

Evidence:
Venkman:"How's school? I bet those science chicks really dig that large cranium of yours, huh?"
Egon: "I think they're more interested in my epididymis."

B) Egon was not averse to doing some unethical things in the name of science.

Evidence:
Egon: "They think they're here for marriage counseling. We've kept them waiting for two and a half hours and I've been gradually increasing the temperature in the room. It's up to ninety-five degrees at the moment. Now my assistant is asking them if they'd mind waiting another half hour."
Also Egon: "Let's see what happens when we take away the puppy."

It would also explain why the daughter hasn't spoken to or told her kids about him, even though he's saved the world no less than two times. From her perspective, he's just an ***hole, and only accepts the inherited farmhouse because she's got nowhere else to go when she gets evicted.

Kids are stupid, and these forum members are old.

Most 20 something I get to interact with know nothing if it happened before the 90?s.

If all the stuff that happened in NYC was constantly said to be a hoax, I can see it easily being swept under the carpet .

Kids ain't afraid of no hoax.

strangerthings-kids-ghostbusters-school-700x317.jpg

Maybe the Stranger Things kid is playing younger than his actual age?

But it's also quite likely they just didn't think it through.

Last edited:

Yeah it’s not much of a stretch. If you asked me how old that kid is I would guess anywhere between 12 and 15. Plus I don’t care if they want to say Egon impregnated someone and didn’t do a bit about it. I mean they are literally spraying goo everywhere from ******* shaped canons in GB2. Could be a metaphor.

I had a moving guy in DC tell me he became a father at 12. That's how they roll in DC. And... in Stephen King's "It" book I guess too.:dunno

Hey, Reitman did direct teen pregnancy movie "Juno.":lecture:lol

Sorry to inform the eggheads, but believing the earth is flat ain't that tough because it LOOKS flat from earth - no matter where you are, even on top of huge mountains. You can then claim NASA faked videos or whatever in terms of space viewpioints that actually show a curve.

But thousands of people seeing ghosts all at the same time as NYC gets trashed by a towering marshmallow man (that presumably was widely videotaped both by news and amateurs) is a whole lot harder not to believe in.

You can argue - lamely, yes - that thousands of people somehow had a shared delusion (or something?) rather than them actually seeing ghosts but a marhsmallow man that lays waste to physical structures and COVERS ENTIRE STREETS WITH MARSHMALLOW and likely took weeks if not months to clean/repair?:slap

I mean come on, wtf peeps.:lol

It does not matter how many people saw it. If the media said its fake, millions get that info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does not matter how many people saw it. If the media said its fake, millions get that info.

But why would the media would say its fake?:dunno

And if thousands of people saw a ten-story marshmallow man destroy streets and masonry and get sprayed over Central Park East, and hundreds of people had to repair/clean all of that for weeks, how does that shared memory align with a "media" that say it all never happened?

I can sooner believe the earth is flat (because - duh - that's how it appears EVERYWHERE ON EARH) or that the moon landing was faked (because its visuals are so abstract/unbelievable and few could get close to evidence) than believe that thousands of people's shared memory - from the middle of Manhattan and in an event extensively covered by worldwide media no less - can be 100% negated (and the event FORGOTTEN) simply because "media said its fake."

I get that its a story world where ghosts and proton packs exist... but I'm amazed at how people just go along with something so non-sensical as this reality where nobody believes the 1984 event happened or have heard of it.

If they were sheltered from it, its possible they did not know about it.

You know, its possible that Egon as granddad is a red herring for the trailer. Its POSSIBLE that somehow the ghostbusters ended up broke, and someone else emded up with their stuff.

Someone who hated them.

Someone petty, who might want their kids to not believe any of it.

Someone like Walter Peck

This pic alone gives me the feeling that this film will have a big opening weekend and then start fading away rapidly. I also feel that Paul Rudd is in there just to give the film some "cool" credibility.

2016 - All women cast replacing original men = FAIL
2020 - All children cast replacing original men = FAIL

thousands of people's shared memory - from the middle of Manhattan and in an event extensively covered by worldwide media no less - can be 100% negated (and the event FORGOTTEN) simply because "media said its fake."

Thousands of people have shared memories of Berenstain Bears being Berenstein Bears even though every piece of merchandise says otherwise. Some of those people would probably fight you to the death for disagreeing with them. People also LOVE conspiracy theories, and would probably say Stay Puft/Lady Liberty was fake, just because it's contrary to the popular opinion.

That was literally the whole set-up for GB2. Peck was able to convince a huge portion of New York, including city officials, that the guys were seeding hallucinatory gasses to make people think they saw ghosts, and the containment failure caused the mass hallucination of Stay Puft. That, coupled with the sharp drop in ghost activity due to deafeat of Gozer, probably seemed like an easy buy for a lot of people.

Also, don't forget how people treat heroes. Whenever someone does something heroic or selfless, there are always people waiting in the wings to tear them down. Just look at all the people who do something courageous, receive a bit of time in the spotlight and soon find people running a microscope through their past to find a reason said person shouldn't be praised for their actions. "Yeah, he saved a family from a burning building, but did you know he has prior DUI convictions and an estranged daughter. Guy's a piece of crap."

But why would the media would say its fake?:dunno

And if thousands of people saw a ten-story marshmallow man destroy streets and masonry and get sprayed over Central Park East, and hundreds of people had to repair/clean all of that for weeks, how does that shared memory align with a "media" that say it all never happened?

I can sooner believe the earth is flat (because - duh - that's how it appears EVERYWHERE ON EARH) or that the moon landing was faked (because its visuals are so abstract/unbelievable and few could get close to evidence) than believe that thousands of people's shared memory - from the middle of Manhattan and in an event extensively covered by worldwide media no less - can be 100% negated (and the event FORGOTTEN) simply because "media said its fake."

I get that its a story world where ghosts and proton packs exist... but I'm amazed at how people just go along with something so non-sensical as this reality where nobody believes the 1984 event happened or have heard of it.

Ah ok, I get you issue.

Well, to me, for the first hand experience, most of those people would believe, some would believe they were given a poisonous hallucinogen. Peck says this is GB.

Then people who got the info as second hand would be more likely NOT to believe such a story. Even from a trusted friend of family member.

Tertiary info would mostly be people not believing, as its just not plausible to someone at that level of involvement. Most of these would be people who got the story from the media.

I mean, do you believe all the ghost hunter stuff you see on TV?

This pic alone gives me the feeling that this film will have a big opening weekend and then start fading away rapidly. I also feel that Paul Rudd is in there just to give the film some "cool" credibility.

2016 - All women cast replacing original men = FAIL
2020 - All children cast replacing original men = FAIL

The pic you quoted is from Stranger Things if I'm not mistaken.

I'm not sure the general movie audience wants to watch the original Ghostbusters, now in their late 60s, running around Manhattan chasing ghosts. A young group of actors worked in IT, and worked in Stranger Things. If done right, I see no reason why it couldn't work here.

I'm not sure the general movie audience wants to watch the original Ghostbusters, now in their late 60s, running around Manhattan chasing ghosts. A young group of actors worked in IT, and worked in Stranger Things. If done right, I see no reason why it couldn't work here.

Took me a second after reading that. ''A group of young actors worked in Information Technology and worked in Stranger Things''

The pic you quoted is from Stranger Things if I'm not mistaken.

It is indeed.

Finn Wolfhard dressed up for Halloween either as a portent for things to come, or as the inspiration for things to come?

Back