Fright Night remake with.... Collin Farrell

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really liked it. I liked how it was Ed trying to get Charlie to believe him instead or vice versa. Farrell did a good job and it was awesome seeing Chris Sarandon. Still prefer the O.G. though.

Was once enough for me. I had to go watch the original on YT to get the taste outta my mouth.

But there were a bunch of dead people at Peter Vincents when they attacked them there. That seems like good evidence, dead people with holes in their necks and the whole house trashed, their blown up house with the wire ripped out of the ground, their SUV with the floor ripped out police would start questioning things dont you think. In the original there was no evidence of anything going on for the cops to believe, but in this one there was lots of evidence something crazy was happening.:lecture

l will admit l didn't mind Colin Farrel in the role, and that's saying alot because l don't like him.

You're talking about later? I guess...but once they got to Vincents, there wasn't a whole lot of things the cops could do.

It was ALL up to Charlie to drive that stake through Jerry's heart.

You're talking about later? I guess...but once they got to Vincents, there wasn't a whole lot of things the cops could do.

It was ALL up to Charlie to drive that stake through Jerry's heart.

If my neighbor was a vampire l would just burn his house down in the middle of the afternoon. Burn his ass out into the sunlight. Problem solved in 15 minutes.:lecture

i saw this today and was surprised... considering the parameters they had in order to keep it a remake, it was well done. the writing, timing and humor were all on point.

i saw this today and was surprised... considering the parameters they had in order to keep it a remake, it was well done. the writing, timing and humor were all on point.

Same here.. I went with 4 others and we all enjoyed it!!!! I'm looking forward to the DVD release to see it again!

agreed. It was more intense than the first and a good remake but the O.G. still reigns supreme.

His crazy friend (in the original) would not let you near the house in the day time so there is the flaw. :)

Good point with that guy from the original. I'm still sure l could sneak around the outside of the house and set it on fire. If he came after me l would just set him on fire as well.:lecture

I saw this on Netflix (the original), aside from the cheesy special effects and mupphets.. its gotta be the most homoerotic horror movie ive seen since Nightmare on Elm Street 2.

I prefer the remake and will buy it on BLU. I like the fact that it takes place in Vegas where no one would think twice about a vampire living next door.

Was once enough for me. I had to go watch the original on YT to get the taste outta my mouth.

That bad huh? I can't picture Farrell in a serious role. Let alone a vampire. I can't help but think of Bullseye.

Wasn't horrible. But if you like the original at all, it won't hold up. (even if you try not to compare them, your mind will.....IMO)

6/10, No desire to ever watch it again.

Original had charm, and a score that made the movie.

(still say they shoulda released it in OCT!)

I think I was a good modern day remake. My biggest flaw was I hated the new Evil Ed.

:lecture

Spoiler Spoiler:

Wasn't horrible. But if you like the original at all, it won't hold up. (even if you try not to compare them, your mind will.....IMO)

6/10, No desire to ever watch it again.

Original had charm, and a score that made the movie.

(still say they shoulda released it in OCT!)

Nope. I saw the original. Loved the original. Saw this. And enjoyed it.

Sure, I compared it...but then I realized this film was different. It tried to be it's own thing. And I have to give it to them for it.

I want to watch it again, and the music in it was awesome. Just as good as the original. :dunno

Back