Fright Night remake with.... Collin Farrell

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got back. I really, really enjoyed it. It has a lot of the same basic plot points as the original but it's very much its own movie. Farrell's Jerry is quite a bit different...he's not the suave ladies' man Jerry was in the original. There's a line in the movie that compares him to the shark from Jaws, and it's very accurate.

I was pleasantly surprised and, as someone who isn't a fan of Farrell, I found him the best part of the movie. I recommend it.

Just got back. I really, really enjoyed it. It has a lot of the same basic plot points as the original but it's very much its own movie. Farrell's Jerry is quite a bit different...he's not the suave ladies' man Jerry was in the original. There's a line in the movie that compares him to the shark from Jaws, and it's very accurate.

I was pleasantly surprised and, as someone who isn't a fan of Farrell, I found him the best part of the movie. I recommend it.

Completely agree. This was my first 3D movie however and by the end of the movie my eyes were bugging. Really enjoyed the film :yess: not so sure about the 3D :(.

I barely remember the original, but this was pretty decent. Yelchin is a great actor and isn't overtaxed with this roll and Farrell and Tennant are excellent.

Peter Vincent as a Criss Angel type magician is a pretty good change, and he's an interesting character. My main problem is with Jerry and how he survived for as long as he has when he's so indiscreet in how he acts.

I find that I'm actually hoping they do a sequel.

My wife and I really enjoyed it a lot. It's nice to see a cool Vamp flick. I didn't care for Vincent originally but as the movie
went on he was one of my favorites. Colin did play an awesome vampire.

Just got back and I thought it was great. I loved the end when they tied Peter Vincent's history with Jerry's. Nice spin!!!

Spoiler Spoiler:

Don't remember the OG but this one is good. Too bad it bombed in the box office.

The original was better, but this was pretty great. The more I think about it, I love it.

The best part, it's DIFFERENT.

Saw it...not bad not good...Just average..
Spoiler Spoiler:

That's better then being horrible and spitting in the face of the original.

And yes, that part was awesome. Didnt even reconize him at first.

Saw it. Wasn't as bad as I thought originally, but still not great. David Tennant pretty much saved it for me.

One element that really irked me though was the girlfriend. She seemed like a nice, normal girl in the original, in the remake she just seemed like a cookie cutter slut.

Back