Gremlins. The Remake.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kuzeh

Machete Don't Tweet!
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Gremlins 3 coming?

Maybe??...

https://screenrant.com/gremlins-3-i...+TV+and+Movie+News)&utm_content=Google+Reader

January 25, 2010 | by Ross Miller
‘Gremlins 3′ In 3D?

Last summer we reported on the possibility of another Gremlins movie, adding to the list of classic franchises getting a remake, reboot or an extra sequel, just to capitalize on the popularity of the originals. The news came straight from the director of the original Gremlins, Joe Dante, who said he thinks they’re making another one soon and that it, “would be stupid to let that title go to waste.”

Fast forward more than six months and we get wind of news from Market Saw that there is a Gremlins 3 on the way, and (of course), we may be getting it in 3D. It was only a matter of time, wasn’t it?…

Shortly after Market Saw reported the news that the long awaited Ghostbusters 3 is going to be in 3D comes this news about Gremlins 3. Market Saw say they have, “very good information from a top source,” that another Gremlins movie is on the way in stereoscopic 3D. To be clear this is NOT just a re-release of the original Gremlins that’s just being converted into three dimensions. Market Saw says the project is in the very early stages, “with still lots of hurdles to pass,” but it is being developed nonetheless.

As we said back when news of another Gremlins first surfaced, we doubt any of the original cast members will come back, with the exception of some cameos shoved in there as Easter eggs. However, will we see Joe Dante come back to direct? It would seem unlikely if the project wasn’t being developed for 3D but since it is it makes much more sense. Why? Well, Dante recently directed the 3D thriller The Hole, which is supposed to be pretty decent, so I wouldn’t be surprised if we hear talks of Dante directing Gremlins 3 as the project’s development continues.

I only remember parts of the original two Gremlin movies since the last time I saw them my age was still in the single-digit figures. However, I don’t know if I’d want to see another installment – didn’t they say all that needed to be said with the first two?

Will Gremlins work in today’s modern movie going age where audiences are used to CGI rather than puppets? I doubt we’ll see them use the latter again and instead opt for CGI creatures, but wouldn’t that take away from the magic? I’d say so. And I have no real interest in seeing it in 3D, as it just doesn’t seem suited to the technology for me. This again seems like nothing more than an attempt to cash in on a pre-established property. Time will tell if it pays off.

Of course, don’t start marking your diaries for another Gremlins quite yet, as this information about Gremlins 3 in 3D isn’t totally official. When it is, we’ll be sure to let you know. For now: what do you think of the idea of another Gremlins movie? And would you like to see it in 3D?

Source: Market Saw (hat tip to /Film)

Last edited:
Re: Gremlins 3... in 3D???

Great thing is that Gremlins was always tongue-in-cheek; so if they can keep the same feel and sensibility I'd love to see a 3rd in 3D :rock :rock

I'd be fine if it wasn't in 3D, but I could see the film having a lot of fun with that feature.

The 80's revival continues...

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Great thing is that Gremlins was always tongue-in-cheek; so if they can keep the same feel and sensibility I'd love to see a 3rd in 3D :rock :rock

I'd be fine if it wasn't in 3D, but I could see the film having a lot of fun with that feature.

I'm all for it but doubt it having the same feel. At all.

Yeah, its hard to capture something like that... but you never know. With the original director I think the chances are better than if they just hire some random person and crew.

The original is still one of my favorite 80's movie, and still holds up very well IMO.

Yeah, its hard to capture something like that... but you never know. With the original director I think the chances are better than if they just hire some random person and crew.

The original is still one of my favorite 80's movie, and still holds up very well IMO.

Its easily one of my favorite 80's movie as well. The problem I can see happening is the film makers being forced to use CGI. With CGI, its all over imo.

WHy not, I would like my young son to discover the gremlins like I did...

Its easily one of my favorite 80's movie as well. The problem I can see happening is the film makers being forced to use CGI. With CGI, its all over imo.

Yeah, I hope they can keep to a classic look... CGI Gremlins would suck royally :lol

I'm also in the same boat, CGI Gremlins would not have the same feel as the puppet versions. I hope somehow they can keep the same feel/style as the original - but I highly doubt that will happen.

Read about this on twitter earlier, and heard rumours a while back. Yawn. Yet another film that really doesn't need to be remade and shouldn't be remade. What a waste of time and money.

True. There's really nothing safe anymore. Anything and everything will be remade at some point. Instead of using some originality and creativity to make something new.

Gremlins 2 was one of those rare movies that where actually better than the first. G2 basically said '***** Y**" to WB as it broke many rules yet it was a great entertaining picture!!

Back