Fright Night remake with.... Collin Farrell

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't hold a candle to the original.(but didn't expect it to) Lacks the charm and strong characters. Still, not a horrible movie...6/10.

I still don't get it why they didn't release in OCT. People would be more in the mood for a movie like this you'd think.

Sorry, it spite of the good reviews, it sucked imo. I didn't want to compare it to the original because that's not fair to the new attempt so even on its own, it just seemed like another cookie cutter teeny vampire movie.

Very much looking forward to catching this!

The bad reviews are not putting me off for some reason :)

It did knock Twilight with a one liner, but other than that, nope.

Still a good fun flick. I don't get the hate on here and as for bad reviews. Guess again bimbos, it's certified fresh on the rottentomatoes.com site.

It did knock Twilight with a one liner, but other than that, nope.

Still a good fun flick. I don't get the hate on here and as for bad reviews. Guess again bimbos, it's certified fresh on the rottentomatoes.com site.

I would've liked to see more subtle jabs. But still.

I too enjoyed the flick.

this movie was amazing, the original sucked monkey balls.

what you just said was total fail.:lol

Anyway just watched this in the computer and didn't like it at all. I'm not sure how to use the spoiler thing so l won't say what l hated/scenes, but this movie had zero suspense, didn't take long for everyone to realize what Jerry was. In the original no one believed charley so he had no choice but to kill the vampire pretty much on his own. In this Jerry the Vampire isn't a low key vampire, he is more of a rampaging vampire. l say no one in the nieghborhood had eyes or ears. there are scenes where everyone would of seen or clearly heard what was going on. Peter vincent character in this one was also a complete fail in every way compared to the original character.

The original l really like. Anytime it is on late at night l watch it, but this one l did not. 4/10

that whole no one believed charley that the next door neighbor is a vampire thing is SOOOO redundant. This is 2011 theres no need to establish that plot line because its been done in LOST BOYS, The Burbs, even Home Alone. Audiences today are much different and for what the movie is, it is a cheap thrill. Watching it on PC doesnt compare to watching it in 3D. Im not saying that the 3D effects are mind blowing but they certainly are entertaining. This is not meant to be a serious horror film, its much like Disturbia.

what you just said was total fail.:lol

Anyway just watched this in the computer and didn't like it at all. I'm not sure how to use the spoiler thing so l won't say what l hated/scenes, but this movie had zero suspense, didn't take long for everyone to realize what Jerry was. In the original no one believed charley so he had no choice but to kill the vampire pretty much on his own. In this Jerry the Vampire isn't a low key vampire, he is more of a rampaging vampire. l say no one in the nieghborhood had eyes or ears. there are scenes where everyone would of seen or clearly heard what was going on. Peter vincent character in this one was also a complete fail in every way compared to the original character.

The original l really like. Anytime it is on late at night l watch it, but this one l did not. 4/10

It's called doing something different. Which made this movie good. You dont compare it. Which is why I liked it. It's NOT the same movie. It's it's own thing with the same characters. it's one of the best remakes out there.

If this movie had the same Jerry, Charlie, Amy, Peter...it would've been boring. I could've just watched the original insted.

It had a good story, good character moments, a good villian (He was different. He wasn't low key...he was crazy and bored....made him more interesting, not as cool as Chris...but still). It was a fun movie.

It respected the original, and made it it's own.

that whole no one believed charley that the next door neighbor is a vampire thing is SOOOO redundant. This is 2011 theres no need to establish that plot line because its been done in LOST BOYS, The Burbs, even Home Alone. Audiences today are much different and for what the movie is, it is a cheap thrill. Watching it on PC doesnt compare to watching it in 3D. Im not saying that the 3D effects are mind blowing but they certainly are entertaining. This is not meant to be a serious horror film, its much like Disturbia.

It's much like Fright Night.....not Disturbia.

Fright Night came first. And Rear Window came before that...:monkey4

I was talking about the remake of Fright Night not the original.

its much like the REMAKE of Rear Window aka "Disturbia"

both films focus on the sociopath next door and the boy meets girl, boy loses girl, boy gets cute girl back formula. They spend little time in determining that the next door neighbor is in fact a monster.

Thats what Im getting from people that seem to love the original and discount the remake.

It's called doing something different. Which made this movie good. You dont compare it. Which is why I liked it. It's NOT the same movie. It's it's own thing with the same characters. it's one of the best remakes out there.

If this movie had the same Jerry, Charlie, Amy, Peter...it would've been boring. I could've just watched the original insted.

It had a good story, good character moments, a good villian (He was different. He wasn't low key...he was crazy and bored....made him more interesting, not as cool as Chris...but still). It was a fun movie.

It respected the original, and made it it's own.

l realize it's suppost to be a remake close to the original, and not the exact same movie over again. l just didn't like it at all. Nothing new was brought to the table that we haven't seen before. Bad acting from everyone for the most part, dumb CGI effects when they are turnig into vampires, it looked really cheezie in some scenes. I prefer the prosthetics, looks much more creepy like in the original. Movies like this are boring when there is no suspense and l really hated that everyone in the neighborhood were blind and deaf to everything that happended.

The whole vibe in the movie is "we can't go to the police, they won't believe us" was dumb, a bunch of dead people lying around peter vincents place and all the stuff that happpened in the neighborhood was plenty of evidence something was going on, especially when the kids mom believes him. l dont mind remakes that take a different direction, but have it make sense in some way. The original made way more sense and was more realistic (if that is possible, lol) then this remake. l also really hated the new Peter Vincent.

Anyway if you guys liked it good, me l didn't and seeing it in 3D, which l hate more then this movie won't change my mind.:lol

Last edited:
That's fair enough...

However, the poilce thing was perfect....and far more realistic then the original. I mean...that's pretty much a fact :lol...sorry.

Charlie going to the police in the original really worked out for him. Cop thought he was a loon, and they didnt help.

Fine if ya hate it...but when people accuse other people of murder, there needs to be evidence...and there was none for the cops to find at Jerry's house. Hence....didnt work. And the cops didnt need to search. Plus, all that stuff was hidden. Not out in the middle of the room.

That's fair enough...

However, the poilce thing was perfect....and far more realistic then the original. I mean...that's pretty much a fact :lol...sorry.

Charlie going to the police in the original really worked out for him. Cop thought he was a loon, and they didnt help.

Fine if ya hate it...but when people accuse other people of murder, there needs to be evidence...and there was none for the cops to find at Jerry's house. Hence....didnt work. And the cops didnt need to search. Plus, all that stuff was hidden. Not out in the middle of the room.

But there were a bunch of dead people at Peter Vincents when they attacked them there. That seems like good evidence, dead people with holes in their necks and the whole house trashed, their blown up house with the wire ripped out of the ground, their SUV with the floor ripped out police would start questioning things dont you think. In the original there was no evidence of anything going on for the cops to believe, but in this one there was lots of evidence something crazy was happening.:lecture

l will admit l didn't mind Colin Farrel in the role, and that's saying alot because l don't like him.

Back