Fed Ex and VAT

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They charge the VAT on UK sterling, so if the rate to US$ high, we pay less, if the rate low, we pay higher. Also the VAT include shipping charge.

Never understood why fees on shipping,governments are the biggest liars and thieves.

And they are chosen by us.

Is that us or USA ?

trollfacevtf-1697_preview.png

20% of $1.200 = That's $240.00 :exactly:

$1200 is £750 in the UK so VAT is going to cost me £150, Damn that's almost another statue. :(

I'm still getting this one but i'll probably pass on the more expensive stuff in the future.

Rip off britain! The government are robbing b@$!@rds, suppose they need the extra £ so they can fiddle their expenses. How can they justify charging vat on postage aswell? WTF! Paying 20% on purchase value is bad enough without taking the pi$$!

Rip off britain! The government are robbing b@$!@rds, suppose they need the extra £ so they can fiddle their expenses. How can they justify charging vat on postage aswell? WTF! Paying 20% on purchase value is bad enough without taking the pi$$!

Me too, I always found it strange that they charge vat on shipping as well.

Ripp off Britain? Didn't the UK only recently raise their taxrate to 20%? Belgium handles 21% since 1996! But until the moment that SSC closed the EU warehouse, we all payed 17% for everything we bought straight from SSC, regardless if it was for a PF statue, a 12" figure, or a diorama. The only exception were books, if my memory serves me well. Book are always tax free I think.

I guess finally, the closure of the EU warehouse catches up with everybody now.

Still no official statement from SIDESHOW

Just Keep taking the orders and deposits. The EU customers might not notice

Also the VAT include shipping charge.

As are customs charges which really takes the cake, were paying a charge for them to open our collectables and then paying tax on that charge! Maybe Sideshow should open their own little black market over here, no rip off taxes, they would be selling out before they could announce things....

You are right, if SS do distributor itself in the UK, everything would be 30% cheaper. But they decided to leave this market. Don't know what they thinking!

Anyway, come to my shop and you can get cheaper price with flexpay as well.

You are right, if SS do distributor itself in the UK, everything would be 30% cheaper. But they decided to leave this market. Don't know what they thinking!

Send me a link to your shop. :)

wow that,s great news flex-pay too ;) what do you do the flexpay option on just 1/1 bust or is there a option for everything in your shop to pay this way:dunno
Like PF,s AND 12" hottoys fig,s ;) Its really great to no theres a seller on ebay "badds" that uses this option -and its a huge help for us low income pep,s :wave

you welcome:hi5:
wow that,s great news flex-pay too ;) what do you do the flexpay option on just 1/1 bust or is there a option for everything in your shop to pay this way:dunno
Like PF,s AND 12" hottoys fig,s ;) Its really great to no theres a seller on ebay "badds" that uses this option -and its a huge help for us low income pep,s :wave

Yeah, everything can pay use flexpay even £0.01, just as you like when and how much to pay. More details you see at my website. Thanks!

Greetings from across the pond!

I would like to confirm that we have been advised from many customs offices around the world that the Harmonized code that we had been using up until recently will no longer be accepted. We apologize for the added cost this will add to our international orders, but unfortunately we have to comply when shipping internationally.

We are still discounting ALL our international shipments by an average of 40-50% and we are still sending gift codes directly to your promotional wallets (if you do not receive them, please let us know) and we are still offering 5% cash back with our Reward Points Program.

We know that times are hard and we apologize if this news has come as a surprise. For more information regarding the duties and customs charges, please follow the provided link: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/helpdesk/?p=95

I really wish FedEx weren't used. I was one of the people that didn't mind waiting that extra bit of time for my item.

Back