Fed Ex and VAT

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maverick

Super Freak
Reaction score
OK guys Ive done some digging on this because as I found out today some of us are been charged more than others on the VAT into the UK, currently I have been charged at the going rate of 17.5% whereas others are been charged at 5%, and this is the reason why. It is all open to interrpretation of what FEDEX think it is and what they put on the form.
Under section 702 and 718 of the UK Inland revenue custom and excise Statues can be determined as works of art because they are original sculptures, if on your invoice you have Tarif Heading 9703000000 this then refers them to the sections I mentioned earlier.
On my invoices I have original sculpture and statuary, so according to these sections I should be paying the reduced 5% rate, but if you read the info 702 (section 11) or 718 (section 20) then it can be open to interpretation i.e. are they all made from the same mold?? Well Fedex would never know this, so they should be putting us down for the reduced rate of 5%.
So if you are on 17.5 % on your invoice there should be 5 headings
A B C D E
B00 S VAT amount F
If you are on 5% then
B00 A VAT amount F
The A means reduced 5 % the S means standard 17.5 %

Anyway Ive asked Fedex to look into my invoices especially with my Punsher due next week, Ill let you know how it goes, worse case is I still get charged at 17.5% best case I get it reduced to 5% and hopefully this will help everyone because it will be noted.

Just got charged US$81 worth of Taxes by Fed-Ex for an order worth US$200 only (Philippine division of Fed-Ex). :banghead

Absurd! And I already paid for whatever tax dues are when I ordered IN THE U.S.A.!!!

Last edited:
I've found that if you give'em hell, they can 'reconsider' the amount you have to pay.

Just be firm, polite and get all your facts right!

If I was gonna be unfair I might say they pluck their charges from the air, but I try NOT to be unfair!

Just recieved a £25 vat and Fedex bill for a $399 statue.
This is way cheaper than the old system, I'm sticking with direct from
Sideshow on anything over $300

So far I've only had the one and I've paid the full 21% VAT and duty and charges on top. My mate has had a few with the first arrivals having alot cheaper charges (lower than they should have been) and more recently the higher more correct charges.

Have you guys worked out how much you should have been charged?

Ive had the 5% vat applied to statues, i'm pretty sure looking at the Customs site that hot toys etc will get the full vat applied as they would come under toys. I may be wrong but thats how I interpereted it from reading the website.

Just an update I've now received Punisher and Fedex aren't sending me any bills until they've investigated the charges if anyone receives a bill can hey let me know the code they used was it S or A.

Ive got this bill on Thursday.

Freight £129 [I didn't pay that I paid $25.18]
Vat Value Adjustment £6.56
Statue $399

Under that.......

"Valuation Method - Value Adjustment Code A"
A B C D E
B00 A 19.53 F

The vat and duty were £19.53 and £10 to Fedex

Hope that helps.

I looked at the other bill from a month ago [Hellboy Samaritan ex] and its the same charges give or take a few quid.
This bill was for Iron man which is twice the sized box of the Punisher.

Cheers mate it's the A that's the important letter that means 5% tax so I'm definetley going to push this with Fedex

That's cool. I'll bring this up with FedEX myself. Not sure if it's applicable here but hopefully it is.

This time Fedex have included a leaflet on the charges, It says "If you purchuse antiques or orginal artwork , sculps etc" a reduced rate of VAT is applied.

I hope it's the same here. We get a reduced rate from 21% to 13.5% on art or limited edition artwork. Hopefully we can convince them this is what SS product is.

Anyone remember what rate SS charged from the EU wareshouse? Was it at the reduced rate?

Not sure mate might be an idea to ask them, I'll see what answer I get I'm sure it was 17.5% but it wasnt imported so like most things it should get charged at that rate.

Back