Fed Ex and VAT

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like now is a good time to cut back on this hobby.
Unfortunately is true, I've severely cut back buying goodies myself for personal reasons anyway but the price increases/VAT etc just made the decision to do so a little easier.
I havn't received anything new since well before Christmas I think it was.
x :peace

Last edited:
the thing that bites is that they cant pre calculate the vat and pay it at shipping and stop fed ex ripping us for a tenner on top

which for 1/6 tends to nearly double the cost

I should be getting my Fedex bill for the Hobgoblin Comiquette in the next couple days so will be intrested to see what i get charged. After that i'll keep my orders for the Rogue Com and the Emma Frost LSB but that will be it. Its gonna have to be a pretty good exclusive before I order direct again

Thanks that's good to know:gah: I've only ever bought from play of fp. I recently sold a piece on eBay and got talking to the buyer. He told me he orders a lot direct from sideshow and gets a fed-ex bill for around £17. Shortly after I got a ss email saying bucky was in stock so I ordered. A week later got another email Bucky ex in stock. Got carried away and ordered again. Got the two pieces now but waiting on a import invoice. Anyway after reading this it saves the shock when my shipping and vat bill arrives. The other issue is what happens if it arrived broken? I understand you have to send ss a few pieces of the damaged item, would I be responsible for the cost of sending back to ss and would I have to pay import, vat on the replacement?

I ve been charged £50($100) on Bucky Ex.Im a little relieved actually,remembering how the Fed Ex guy was built like a brick outhouse and still struggled to carry him up the passage to my place!!

Thanks that's good to know:gah: I've only ever bought from play of fp. I recently sold a piece on eBay and got talking to the buyer. He told me he orders a lot direct from sideshow and gets a fed-ex bill for around £17. Shortly after I got a ss email saying bucky was in stock so I ordered. A week later got another email Bucky ex in stock. Got carried away and ordered again. Got the two pieces now but waiting on a import invoice. Anyway after reading this it saves the shock when my shipping and vat bill arrives. The other issue is what happens if it arrived broken? I understand you have to send ss a few pieces of the damaged item, would I be responsible for the cost of sending back to ss and would I have to pay import, vat on the replacement?
If something arrives broken, you only have to provide SSC with a couple of photo showing the damage. Then they decide whether they send you a replacement item. If they do, the item will be clearly labeled as a 'replacement', and you will not have to pay tax/vat nor shipping costs for that. That is the real strength of SSC: their customer service.

I ve been charged £50($100) on Bucky Ex.Im a little relieved actually,remembering how the Fed Ex guy was built like a brick outhouse and still struggled to carry him up the passage to my place!!

bucky wasnt that big or heavy. id understand the guy struggling if it was the abomination pf!

If something arrives broken, you only have to provide SSC with a couple of photo showing the damage. Then they decide whether they send you a replacement item. If they do, the item will be clearly labeled as a 'replacement', and you will not have to pay tax/vat nor shipping costs for that. That is the real strength of SSC: their customer service.

thanks for that good to know. was on another forum and a couple of people said they complained to fed-ex saying they should of been charged to 5% and received an ammended bill. think i will try but if that fails wont be ordering dirct again.

I've also noticed I havent received a giftcard with my last 3 orders. HaveSideshow stopped this now with international orders?

I've also noticed I havent received a giftcard with my last 3 orders. HaveSideshow stopped this now with international orders?

I have had the same thing but for the last 4 orders I have never received a gift card. SS used to put them in the box but now supposedly they put it in your promotional wallet in your account but I have checked and still nothing. I emailed them about it and got no response.

So no more 5%? that's going to be brutal on my Ex Optimus Prime Maquette. Time to start cutting back. :(

just got my fedex invoice for bucky £50! 20% vat. that was my first and last order direct from sideshow. just my luck, as soon as i decide to order direct they change the harmonized codes. gutted

Back