UK FedEx Delivery

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RollingJ

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm very wary about international shipping charges, and have been put off ordering from Sideshow direct due to the potential VAT and Fedex delivery charges.

Using a $75 gift card I thought I would test the delivery out by buying a Reactor Station Alpha dio for $15.99 after deduction. Plus shipping that came to $47.72 (about £31).

The item arrived very quickly last week. No problems there.

Today I have come home to find an invoice from FedEx. They have charged me based on the sale amount on the invoice ($89.99), rather than the total invoice cost which included the $75 discount.
TOTAL AMOUNT DUE: £24.41 ($37)

This is nearly as much as the item plus shipping cost!

I will contact FedEx to explain their mistake, but this has confirmed my fears about the process, and I will cancel the other outstanding orders on my sideshow account.

Anyway, I will contact SS customer service as well, but thought other potential UK buyers should be aware of the potential issues of ordering direct from Sideshow.

You are charged for the value of the goods. You may have used a g/c to pay, but the value/price of the goods is still $89.99. Then of course there is the standard £10 handling fee which all couriers will charge you for.

If you really want an EX item, then I still think it's worth it. And if you are just after a reg, then UK it.

You still pay VAT on good bought in the UK as well.

I bought the Captain Jack EX from sideshow. Total I paid, including shipping and HMRC fees was about £240. To order the REG from Forbidden Planet, with shipping is £360. I saved over £100 buying from SS direct.

You are charged for the value of the goods. You may have used a g/c to pay, but the value/price of the goods is still $89.99. Then of course there is the standard £10 handling fee which all couriers will charge you for.

If you really want an EX item, then I still think it's worth it. And if you are just after a reg, then UK it.

You still pay VAT on good bought in the UK as well.

I bought the Captain Jack EX from sideshow. Total I paid, including shipping and HMRC fees was about £240. To order the REG from Forbidden Planet, with shipping is £360. I saved over £100 buying from SS direct.

:exactly:

The value of the goods is the same regardless of how it was paid for. If Sideshow had reduced the sale price to $15.99, then you'd only be liable for that value (which would entail no customs fee). As it was Sideshow paid the excess (with the $75 gift card).

If I buy anything from outside the EU I always assume that there will be customs fees and handling charges, and build that into my expected cost.

:exactly:

The value of the goods is the same regardless of how it was paid for. If Sideshow had reduced the sale price to $15.99, then you'd only be liable for that value (which would entail no customs fee). As it was Sideshow paid the excess (with the $75 gift card).

If I buy anything from outside the EU I always assume that there will be customs fees and handling charges, and build that into my expected cost.

second that :)

:dunno that's just the way it is. Customs charges don't bother me. It is what it is. Nothing to do with SSC

Remember dont pay the 17.5% VAT,as SS items are classed as art you should only pay 5%,if you recieve a invoice trying to charge the full amount,phone them before paying to rectify it,i learned this the hard way

Remember dont pay the 17.5% VAT,as SS items are classed as art you should only pay 5%,if you recieve a invoice trying to charge the full amount,phone them before paying to rectify it,i learned this the hard way

Phone fedex?, i didnt know that about the vat 'art', is that only for statues?

To maintain our standing with customs offices around the world we have to utilize the most accurate harmonized code that best fits the item in question. Unfotunately we have no control if your local customs office reclassifies the harmonized code. You can always attempt to contact your specific customs office to plead your case if you feel that they have charged you incorrectly.

Another common request that we receive is to mark invoices as "gifts" or "at a lowered price", this is also a big no-no and can not be done.

Does anyone have information regarding a UK retailer for sideshow figures?

In the past I have only purchased the Sandtrooper as I found him on the FP site, but in general I have a hard time tracking down figures I'd like to buy. I was looking for the Red Ninja recently and had to give up, which is a shame as it was a figure I was really keen to get and I expect the same with the Cobra Viper when it's released. There is no way I would ever buy direct from SS, sorry guys but I just cannot afford the customs charges from the US, and I wish there was a better and easier way to get hold of your figures.

Doesn't apply to 1/6 scale figures. Totally not worth it from Sideshow. PFs on the other hand work out okay since you do indeed pay a reduced charge.

Does anyone have information regarding a UK retailer for sideshow figures?

In the past I have only purchased the Sandtrooper as I found him on the FP site, but in general I have a hard time tracking down figures I'd like to buy. I was looking for the Red Ninja recently and had to give up, which is a shame as it was a figure I was really keen to get and I expect the same with the Cobra Viper when it's released. There is no way I would ever buy direct from SS, sorry guys but I just cannot afford the customs charges from the US, and I wish there was a better and easier way to get hold of your figures.

Hi badvoc, you can have a look at here. My store is opening soon.

Back