Media Far Cry 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
little early to have final opinions I think...

How so? These reviewers received advanced copies to play through. Most end up playing through the entire game before posting. Plus no review embargo means they can put it up as soon as they're finished.

If the game wasn't released yet then most of "journalistic" reviews are bought.

Wait for comments from actual gamers.

No I meant for us to be drawing opinions off these reviews. Basically, never trust these reviews, while some may be honest, many are either positive to gain favor from developers or paid reviews from paid off phoney journalists........

If the game wasn't released yet then most of "journalistic" reviews are bought.

Wait for comments from actual gamers.
Gotta disagree with you on that one, Riddick. on the contrary, when publishers withhold their games from review prior to release day, it's generally because they expect reviews to hurt their sales. If they're handing out the game a week or more in advance, it shows they have confidence in their product.

Pretty good so far, I just finished the prologue. The textures on this are really good, that probably attributes to the performance hits if I go above 'Very High' in the settings, and there is an Nvidia setting which is kinda cool. It performs well enough and I have an older system(QX9650)(GTX7704GB).

Sounds are amazing too, as is the facial animations and lighting.... story is very cool so far but is kinda similar to 3. The scale is impressive, there are huge mountians in the world but I highly doubt they are climbable, still some high places though

Fun so far..... but I guess I need to wait for a day 1 patch that might fix performance and a new Nvidia driver.

I can't seem to bring myself to care about this one. I enjoyed 3 a lot and put a ton of hours into, but this one is doing nothing for me. Maybe it's because it looks like the same game..I don't know.

I read a review somewhere which says it's pretty much Far Cry 3 except a different setting. It's apparently also not a new generation game so the graphics are probably the same. I'm not complaining. far Cry 3 was good fun.

I can't see how this can be a "bought" reviewer.

What I'm worried about is Ubisoft making this series an annual franchise. I loved 3 and blood Dragon but I don't want to see it go that way.

I see your point.

I gotta say I'm not a big Ubisoft fan as they seem more keen on making a quick buck than developing an awesome product.

I mean FFS, instead of releasing half a dozen half baked assassins's creed games, they should take a page out of rockstar' book and properly develop a high quality product like the GTA stuff.

You don't see a GTA, MGS or naughty dog game every year for good reason.

Good games take time to make. Lots of time.

I read a review somewhere which says it's pretty much Far Cry 3 except a different setting. It's apparently also not a new generation game so the graphics are probably the same. I'm not complaining. far Cry 3 was good fun.

I can't see how this can be a "bought" reviewer.

Its very similar: just gonna spoiler alert this, just in case, it does NOT give away plot elements it just lists certain gameplay stuff
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I see your point.

I gotta say I'm not a big Ubisoft fan as they seem more keen on making a quick buck than developing an awesome product.

I mean FFS, instead of releasing half a dozen half baked assassins's creed games, they should take a page out of rockstar' book and properly develop a high quality product like the GTA stuff.

You don't see a GTA, MGS or naughty dog game every year for good reason.

Good games take time to make. Lots of time.

Yeah thats why I love their games, they put a LOT of time and effort into making good games, while others only care about maximizing profit(Ubisoft and EA being the biggest culprits of that and whoever makes COD)

I loved Cod and Assassins Creed back in the day when they first came out and weren't annual titles. Now admittedly I still play them but I dont actually care about them. The last game I actually cared about was black ops.After that I'd pick up the new one, beat it, shelf it.

I loved Farcry 3 and blood Dragon was totally random and awesome. I'm also excited for this game as well. Now if they do something similar with some crazy port next year followed by 5 inn2016, I may just lose interest in this series as well.

Thats one thing I was worried about. This being a rehash of part 3. However, the new locale, story, and new additions, should make this just as fun as part 3. At least I hope so. I really loved playing FC3 and still pop it in every now and then to play in the sandbox.

Yeah thats why I love their games, they put a LOT of time and effort into making good games, while others only care about maximizing profit(Ubisoft and EA being the biggest culprits of that and whoever makes COD)

yeah. The assassins creed games were a bit much. I played AC I, AC II, brotherhood and finally revelations. By the time I got to revelations it was almost a chore to complete. I really pushed on to finish the game cuz I just wanted to see the conclusion of Ezio's story arc. But when I got there, I just found a half baked conclusion. It turns out that if I wanted to know more about Ezio, I would have had to read the licensed paperback books!! What the heck. Got conned!!

should have saved myself the trouble and read the assassins creed wiki.

Back