Media Far Cry: Primal (2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seph Stampede

Super Freak
Reaction score

Ubisoft Montreal’s next Far Cry game is a Stone Age-era open world game called Far Cry Primal, and it launches for PS4 and Xbox One on February 23, 2016. A PC release will follow in March, 2016.

Set in 10,000 BC, Far Cry Primal follows Takkar, "a seasoned hunter and the last surviving member of his hunting group." As players survive in the land of Oros, "they will have to craft weapons and tools partly from the bones of slain beasts, hunt for food, master fire, fend off fierce predators and face off against other tribes to conquer Oros."

The debut trailer shows a small tribe of four stalking, hunting, and killing a herd of wooly mammoths before they’re attacked by a sabertooth tiger. Outposts (occupied by humans), spreading fires, and character upgrades return alongside new features, such as dead prey attracting new predators with its scent. The key art also suggests a sabertooth tiger companion for Takkar.

Ubisoft Toronto, Shanghai, and Kiev are assisting on Primal, which Creative Director Jean-Christophe Guyot said focuses on "the time when humans put a stick in the ground and claimed land for their own, the time when we started climbing the food chain. That came with conflict, against other humans of course, but also against nature itself.”

I never cared for the Far Cry games, but this one definitely has me interested.

I think the idea is brilliant! This will be my first FarCry game although I would have bought this not matter what!

It's definitely something new. I'd suggest you play 3 and 4. 3 is amazing, 4 was just essentially a reskin.

Ehh I've played them. Just really couldn't get into them. I didn't care for the characters or the plot of either game, but 4 was definitely aesthetically beautiful.

Interesting.
I like the Far Cry series,but this is a whole different risky approach imo_Obviously,other than rocks,bows and spears,it will be a more hand to hand combat system with the choice of weapons from the stone age.

No dinosaurs? Come on man the prehistoric animal world is everyone's least fav.

its like they were going to make a dinosaur game and said **** it it will take to much time to make new animal models lets just reskin Far Cry 4!!$!$$!$$!$

but honestly im not about to buy a reskin when ubisoft pt out that poll for different far cry ideas i wanted a zombie far cry or a dinosaur far cry NOT FAR CRY 4 WITH WOOLY MAMOTHS

i bet the new towers are gonna be like huts or trees it also follows the same ******** story that the previous 2 fa crys have had oh you are the survivor now go do stuff

not gonna buy 10/10

I say fair play to them for trying something different. I just dont see how the weapons will work but they must have thought it out. Well, ud like to think so...

could have been a Turok rebirth

its like they were going to make a dinosaur game and said **** it it will take to much time to make new animal models lets just reskin Far Cry 4!!$!$$!$$!$

but honestly im not about to buy a reskin when ubisoft pt out that poll for different far cry ideas i wanted a zombie far cry or a dinosaur far cry NOT FAR CRY 4 WITH WOOLY MAMOTHS

i bet the new towers are gonna be like huts or trees it also follows the same ******** story that the previous 2 fa crys have had oh you are the survivor now go do stuff

not gonna buy 10/10

I agree. The preshistoric animal kingdom is boring compared to the dinosaur era. Just giant versions of animals that we all know and love today.

No dinosaurs? Come on man the prehistoric animal world is everyone's least fav.

I agree. The preshistoric animal kingdom is boring compared to the dinosaur era. Just giant versions of animals that we all know and love today.
1) Dinosaurs are prehistoric animals. Derp.

2) Writing off all prehistoric animals that are not dinosaurs as "boring" is incredibly ignorant and something I'd expect a ten-year-old to say.

2) Writing off all prehistoric animals that are not dinosaurs as "boring" is incredibly ignorant and something I'd expect a ten-year-old to say.

Dinosaurs and mammals are different . Derp

Give me a ****ing trex attack over a mammoth anyday and yes I know humans and dinosaurs didn't coexist but this is a video game so anything goes.

Give me a ****ing trex attack over a mammoth anyday and yes I know humans and dinosaurs didn't coexist but this is a video game so anything goes.

So you expect to kill a T-Rex in this game with a bow and arrow? :lol It would be pointless to have it set during that time period.

Bow and arrows aren't the only weapon you could use. Fire, the sorroundings, rocks, clubs, spears.or they could throw the caveman aspect out the window and it can be modern.

If this forum had a like button, I'd use it right now.

Yeah, sounds legit. They should give the dinosaurs laser eyes. And the main character should be able to fart carrots on demand. CUZ IT'S ONLY A GAME.

You never said "mammals". Derp.

And any ten-year-old would rather have a Rex battle than mammoth.

Personally I find the mammoth-hunting more intriguing because it's something that actually happened.

Back