Elvira at Sideshow Booth

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Christ, you guys are brutal! Is there anyone on this board over 30 that can honestly say that they look as good now as they did even 5 years ago, let alone 20? As a 'mature' member, I say cut the girl a break...PS

Elvira still looks great!

I picked just cause I like that line.

Im the first to pull my shirt up and smack my belly to pick on myself.... who cares what you look like and what people think? as long as your happy....

So, since Sideshow have already pretty much confirmed (well, hinted anyway) in the Ask Sideshow page on their web site that the Elvira PF figure will debut at Comic Con, and the fact that Elvira is scheduled to appear, do you think we will see it on Wednesday or will they make us wait until Saturday with some big reveal???

An Elvira PF? Now that's a waste of polystone. However...I'd do her.

I wonder what this means for the Amoktime Elvira statue that was shown last October? That statue was really nice, and my understanding was it was fully licensed from Elvira. It was about 4 to 6 weeks after this statue was shown at the Chiller show that Sideshow announced that they had a license to do Elvira products. Amoktime also displayed a 12 inch Elvira at Toyfair, but it hasn't shown up on their site since then. I hope this isn't a case of a big dog trying to chase off a new dog in the neighborhood.

I wonder what this means for the Amoktime Elvira statue that was shown last October? That statue was really nice, and my understanding was it was fully licensed from Elvira. It was about 4 to 6 weeks after this statue was shown at the Chiller show that Sideshow announced that they had a license to do Elvira products. Amoktime also displayed a 12 inch Elvira at Toyfair, but it hasn't shown up on their site since then. I hope this isn't a case of a big dog trying to chase off a new dog in the neighborhood.

Well, if SS decides to persue this line, I think they will find out they made a mistake. I just can't see it being a money maker.

I find it sad that so many people can only be worried about what someone "looks like" now as opposed to when they "used to be" hot. People make comments about how terrible some of these women look today. Guess what......people get older and and don't look as "sexy" as they did when they were 25 years old.

Would you look at your wife in 20 years and say "wow honey, you just don't look good anymore"?? will you only be worried about what she looks like so you can try to impress friends with your arm candy or will you still love her because she's who she is?

I didn't mean to go off on this topic, but I just hare seeing people juge looks so harshly and especially on women who are in thit 50's or 60's now. Some women age very well and some not as well, but it's hardly the core of who they are.

Sorry for the rant.

Everyone has an opinion. I think she looks great for her age. Her on screen persona and livelihood were based on her looks and her love pillows. She used both to make her a nice pile of cash. Quite a bit older she's marketing herself again. Because of that she is judged according to their preservation. Meryl Streep was known as a great actress. Her looks had and have almost nothing to do with it. She is judged on her acting. You reap what you sew.

I find it sad that so many people can only be worried about what someone "looks like" now as opposed to when they "used to be" hot. People make comments about how terrible some of these women look today. Guess what......people get older and and don't look as "sexy" as they did when they were 25 years old.

Would you look at your wife in 20 years and say "wow honey, you just don't look good anymore"?? will you only be worried about what she looks like so you can try to impress friends with your arm candy or will you still love her because she's who she is?

I didn't mean to go off on this topic, but I just hare seeing people juge looks so harshly and especially on women who are in thit 50's or 60's now. Some women age very well and some not as well, but it's hardly the core of who they are.

Sorry for the rant.

the entire movie industry is based on looks. of course, there's always that niche like owen wilson's crooked nose or nicolson's receding hairline, but for the most part, ugly people in hollywood are unemployed. and notice my two examples are men? older women in hollywood are the least desirable demographic for working roles. i believe animals and kids get more work.

Everyone has an opinion. I think she looks great for her age. Her on screen persona and livelihood were based on her looks and her love pillows. She used both to make her a nice pile of cash. Quite a bit older she's marketing herself again. Because of that she is judged according to their preservation. Meryl Streep was known as a great actress. Her looks had and have almost nothing to do with it. She is judged on her acting. You reap what you sew.

It's not just her. She's just the example in this thread. But my main point is what do people really expect from a 50-60 y/o woman/women in general? Some act like they are now useless because they are no longer "hot". I just don't really care for the judgmental attitude towards looks sometimes. as if it's all that matters. Just my opinion.

Well, if SS decides to persue this line, I think they will find out they made a mistake. I just can't see it being a money maker.

Why not? :confused:

Sure it's no Star Wars or Indy license, but Elvira still does have a great hardcore cult fan base. Her collectibles still sell well to this day. Also, many "Monster fans" are also Elvira fans due to her connections to those movies. With SS having the Uni Monster and horror licenses, it's only natural that most of those fans will be interested in her products.

Not that it matters, but Cassandra does still look great. I met last year at a Sci-Fi convention and not only did she look great, she also was very nice. I wish all celebrities were like that. In fact, IMO she's much hotter as herself than Elvira.

Why not? :confused:

Sure it's no Star Wars or Indy license, but Elvira still does have a great hardcore cult fan base. Her collectibles still sell well to this day. Also, many "Monster fans" are also Elvira fans due to her connections to those movies. With SS having the Uni Monster and horror licenses, it's only natural that most of those fans will be interested in her products.

I could be wrong. I love horror figs but wouldn't buy a single Elvira item. Wouldn't buy a Zacherle either. I'd buy the Ghoul, but I live in MI and he was broadcast here. I never saw her before that horrible movie she made. I'm sure there is a fan base. I'm just thinking it is VERY small to start a line with. I would think their marketers have done their R&D on this, but if you can't sell Hobbits(as they say), how can you sell items based on a horror film host from 20+ years back? :huh

It's not just her. She's just the example in this thread. But my main point is what do people really expect from a 50-60 y/o woman/women in general? Some act like they are now useless because they are no longer "hot". I just don't really care for the judgmental attitude towards looks sometimes. as if it's all that matters. Just my opinion.

I'll have to agree with Kit here. She a very savvy marketer and has exploited her natural assets to great advantage. Just because she's older doesn't mean that she's less interesting or worthy of attention.

I've met her a couple of times at industry functions and she's a very nice person and does still look very good.

And Streep may be 59, but she's playing 40-something in Mamma Mia and pulls it off quite well.

I've been unsure whether to ignore this thread or comment. Now that I'm weighing in, I want to say that some of the comments here reflect very poorly on us as a community.

Whatever observations we may reach about the way celebrities market themselves and make themselves products, they are still human beings. If we allow ourselves to remark upon them as commodities, we're the ones who are diminished. Frankly, I find some of the comments in this thread embarrassingly juvenile. I'm embarrassed for the persons who've posted. Guys, NOBODY CARES who you would deign to f----. Seriously. Get a life.

As for Ms Peterson's enterprise, I look forward both to 1:6 figures from AmokTime and a PF from Sideshow. I will buy both, and display them next to my Vampira GK. If they wanna sue each other, I'm fine with that. :D

d08231b0d4118d4d08c842018f6226db-1.jpg

~Board member #400 of 3,372, since the good ol' ezboard days,

The thing that bothers me about this is, it looks like SS is trying to out manuever a smaller company. The idea for their Universal Monsters horror dioramas was lifted from a series of garage kits. They even hired the same sculptor who did the kits to do some of the SS pieces. Amoktime displayed a 1/4 scale Elvira in early October last year. Shortly after that show SS announced a license with Elvira and now 9 months later they are going to show their 1/4 scale figure? I just smell something fishy. I think this may set some kind of first as this would be a license for the same scale and style of figure sold to two different companies at the same time. I buy a lot of stuff from SS, but I try to support other companies as well. Competition with other companies should cause everyone to raise the bar and continue to release higher quality items. I'm interested to see how this pans out and would be very interested to learn the whole story.

Back