Desert Weapons Cache with Sandstorm

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm getting this for Christmas and I was amazed at how big the box is! OMG. Its bigger than some PF boxes I've seen.

To be honest I don't like it in the detolf. Almost makes it look small. Also think it works better when you can surround the display with figures rather than cram all the figures in the 1 spot like in the picture above.

Thanks for the first in-hand pics of this piece.

Prog, post some pics of yours please (display box pics as well).

Thanks. I'm always a sucker for the display box / unboxing pics as well as the final product.

I've been hoping this goes on the gift card list. Wonder if because it's only limited to 275 that it isn't there already.

The throne box was huge also, but it was justified. I was able to snag it off the list, which it no longer appears to be on.

I'll have this under the tree tomorrow. My Grandmother just had me order it through my account since she didn't want to go through the hassle of creating an account through Sideshow, which is actually the cheapest place to get this when you factor in the huge shipping costs from etailers (Sideshow only wanted $13 and most etailers were $20-$40+). So at least I scored a few more reward points that way! So that makes me, what, the second one on here getting this?

My favorite part was when my Grandmother said she remembered paying $5 for GI Joes back in the day for my uncle. :lol

I like this piece, but after buying waypoint, I don't really need more "generic" environments, if they start releasing terror drome environments then I will jump back on with these, I am eyeballing the arashikage environment though, that is pretty cool.

I do want to buy Sandstorm though, if anyone interested in selling let me know :)

The Arashikage environment is amazing and HUGE! I couldn't believe just how big it was at SDCC. Totally worth the asking price. There is a LOT of poly in that thing. Its going to be a beast to ship though. The cost of shipping these things only seems to be decent when ordering directly through Sideshow, so even with an etailer discount, Sideshow would end up cheaper.

I think it varies on shipping. I think I said it earlier, but my wife purchased the Cache, the cantina chair/table set, Boil and Waxer, Commander Cody and a Desert Cobra sniper and the shipping for all 5 products was around $50! Maybe its because we bought so much, I don't know. Seeing the box it was no surprise why it might cost $20+ to ship by itself. Its HUGE.

yeah SS has a discount with fedex and ups, and when things like the Darth Vader bust or Predalien bust come out they can get a nice deal. Shipping is not much more in TX than it was when I was receiving stuff in california and I was just a couple hrs away, of course no tax is awesome!! Makes buying from them much better, plus the reward points.

I think it varies on shipping. I think I said it earlier, but my wife purchased the Cache, the cantina chair/table set, Boil and Waxer, Commander Cody and a Desert Cobra sniper and the shipping for all 5 products was around $50! Maybe its because we bought so much, I don't know. Seeing the box it was no surprise why it might cost $20+ to ship by itself. Its HUGE.

It just arrived. It IS huge! And I was expecting something more square, not rectangular. Are all of the walls seperate pieces that attach? I can't figure out how this would fit in there besides the pieces laying in there flat instead of all together assembled.

yeah SS has a discount with fedex and ups, and when things like the Darth Vader bust or Predalien bust come out they can get a nice deal. Shipping is not much more in TX than it was when I was receiving stuff in california and I was just a couple hrs away, of course no tax is awesome!! Makes buying from them much better, plus the reward points.

That is true. My Commander Gree shipped for $11 and this for $13. Something definately is going on there. No way there should only be $2 difference for 16 pounds :lol

It just arrived. It IS huge! And I was expecting something more square, not rectangular. Are all of the walls seperate pieces that attach? I can't figure out how this would fit in there besides the pieces laying in there flat instead of all together assembled.

That is true. My Commander Gree shipped for $11 and this for $13. Something definately is going on there. No way there should only be $2 difference for 16 pounds :lol

Just got mine yesterday from bbts, and yeah, it was much more rectangular than square, like something a 1:3 figure would fit in. can't wait to open it up.. i hope it has a base to stand the figures on (or at least some sand!).

Just got mine yesterday from bbts, and yeah, it was much more rectangular than square, like something a 1:3 figure would fit in. can't wait to open it up.. i hope it has a base to stand the figures on (or at least some sand!).

Nope, no base or sand. Just the building, pots, and Sandstorm.

Back