Desert Weapons Cache with Sandstorm

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a much better looking piece than the corner of a house. Looks like the Troopers have solid shirts and camo pants?

I am hoping that "Weapons Cache" means that it comes with the desert outfits to be used with the existing troopers and that those troopers are not stand-alone figures.

And yes...I am aware of the odds.

Edit - And those shirts look full on camoflaged to me.

Last edited:
101410desertweapons012.jpg

Looks like the shirt is camo also.

Craptastic

150$ for another wall and no weapons, mark my words.

The empty boxes are for you to put your own weapons in

No chance I buy this even when its on GC

The trooper and offcier have a subtle camo shading.

Unless there is an exclusive with the Desert Cobra Trooper and Officer, these environments need to be priced sub $100 for me to bite.

I like the look of it but won't go all out for it. If the weapons cache doesn't open then that will pretty lame but I'll wait and see.

Honestly I can't see it coming with a Trooper/Officer though.

It looks cool but I'm gonna need to see the pics next week before I really commit one way or the other.

If the Cobras have the same camo as Dusty how is he gonna tell them apart from the other Joes?

I have to say I think this looks great. But if you are going to call something a weapons cache, then it better come with a bunch of weapons.

But I think you guys still don't get the value of Polystone. Trust me, there is just as much, if not more, polystone in these 1:6 dioramas than there is in most PFs. And yet these are still a fraction of the price of a PF. Sure I wouldn't mind them being cheaper, but waypoint was fairly priced IMO. Hopefully this will be priced at $130 again but come with more. Sideshow priced the new Lab dio at $90 like the first 3 dios but it comes with the big lab equipment too in addition to the base that is roughly equal to the others in size. So the lab was a better deal and so hopefully this will be too in order to sell more of them than waypoint.

As much as the Cobras are featured in the tease, I'd say the desert Cobra costumes and gear do come with the environment.
Which might be enough to get me to buy.

That would really suck frankly since we'd all be scrambling to get extra troopers/officers. Plus if its only one of each costume, its impossible to army build them at a reasonable price. The dio was just as heavily featured in Dusty's pics so I'm sure they are all seperate but they are just trying to sell you hardcases on this with uses for it.

But if you buy two Enviros you'll have two walls to display along with the four troopers! :lol

And you'll probably be $350+ in the hole at that point.

I have to say I think this looks great. But if you are going to call something a weapons cache, then it better come with a bunch of weapons.

But I think you guys still don't get the value of Polystone. Trust me, there is just as much, if not more, polystone in these 1:6 dioramas than there is in most PFs. And yet these are still a fraction of the price of a PF. Sure I wouldn't mind them being cheaper, but waypoint was fairly priced IMO. Hopefully this will be priced at $130 again but come with more. Sideshow priced the new Lab dio at $90 like the first 3 dios but it comes with the big lab equipment too in addition to the base that is roughly equal to the others in size. So the lab was a better deal and so hopefully this will be too in order to sell more of them than waypoint.

I think the main thing is nothing about this items screams "GIJoe" unlike the Checkpoint Alpha or Cobra Bunker. I'll pay $150 for those no problem, but not some generic wall and doorway.

Back