DC's "Gotham City Sirens"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Harley Quinn Spinoff officially a GO by WB- Margot Robbie Co-Producing

The Joker will be back too I imagine.

:gah:

Nl7H6o4.gif

Bold move. If I were in WB's shoes, I would invest in a Deadshot movie instead, but. . .they should strike while the iron is hot, one way or the other.

So what should we talk about in this thread? I'm thinking Man of Steel. karamazov80, was that film to your liking?

I'm not really as angry/annoyed as I once was with it, to be honest. WB is what it is at this point. I'm just setting my expectations low, and am only really hoping that they'll make cool looking Hot Toys figures now and again.

Br00TCn.gif

i think you guys are forgetting that the DCEU structure is completely different then what we're used to, they're not afraid of doing these type of productions because they've already established that this entire U is more connected then the MCU. (not in terms of story but actual events) they're not afraid to say "hey what would happen if this character was actually a big part of this new characters movie?"

we're used to the build up and the payoff (which both U's do well) but with the DCEU the films feels more like a comic run with the freedom of bringing in an out different characters, then the traditional 2 movies then a big finale (Avengers, AOU, CA: CW). where the DCEU seems to focus more on the overall world they've built.

so, we get room for movies like a HQ spinoff or a JL: Dark, because they have the room to breath without trying to wrap it all together into one finale. they've built an actual "world", with different events happening at different times, to different characters.

this is why we haven't seen a Hawkeye or Black Widow movie, it would interrupt momentum for the MCU as their personal backstories will have nothing to do with the end game.

Last edited:

Awesome news! Margot Robbie was one of the best parts of Suicide Squad. Hoping we get some more time with Jared Leto'a Joker as well. All in all, great time for DC fans.

A HQ would be an group picture like ALL superhero movies these days- CW was a Cap flm but really....

I think Birds of Prey a possibility or maybe it wil be a SS part two minus a few of them

No interest, no thanks.

Pretty much. She's good as just one of Joker's henchmen, but she would never be able to carry her own movie.

I'm surprised with how many people loved her in Suicide Squad, when I thought she was hard to watch.

Last edited:

Pretty much. She's good as just one of Joker's henchmen, but I she would never be able to carry her own movie.

I'm surprised with how many people loved her in Suicide Squad, when I thought she was hard to watch.

giphy.gif

I just don't get the Harley hype. She was cringy as hell in movie. Thank goodness for the Wall I say. Margot played the character pretty darn good, but for me at least, the problem is the character itself. Dunno, I just never liked HQ, she was always irritating, cringy and nothing more than comedic relief. I get that they've been trying to give her more depth over the years, but I can't say it's worked. At least from my POV. Live and let live I say.

I liked her in the movie. The only points that really made me cringe, so to speak, were where the jokes weren't funny, or where the Joker was interacting with her in an out of character way. But she got the spirit of the character down IMO. If you don't like the character, like Kostis, then that's another issue. Same thing with Deadpool.

I liked her in the movie. The only points that really made me cringe, so to speak, were where the jokes weren't funny, or where the Joker was interacting with her in an out of character way. But she got the spirit of the character down IMO. If you don't like the character, like Kostis, then that's another issue. Same thing with Deadpool.

Eh, dunno, I found everything about her cringy. The jokes, the accent, everything. I know its true to the character but eh... As for Deadpool, ditto. The thing is though, if the pop references and the corny jokes aren't your thing, you can head for the Kelly issues, which featured a drastically different Wade. You can't really do that with Quinn.

Three more years of this at least before we see it.....:slapsigh

Pretty much. She's good as just one of Joker's henchmen, but I she would never be able to carry her own movie.

you say she can't carry her own movie, yet you admit she can by pointing out Suicide Squad? :rolleyes2 :lol

you say she can't carry her own movie, yet you admit she can by pointing out Suicide Squad? :rolleyes2 :lol

I pointed it out because I dislike her incarnation in Suicide Squad. She's fine as a minor character, but they tried making her bigger than she really is.

And I never said she carried Suicide Squad. If anything, the movie would've been better without her.

I pointed it out because I dislike her incarnation in Suicide Squad. She's fine as a minor character, but they tried making her bigger than she really is.

And I never said she carried Suicide Squad.

look at the positive reception that SS has received... 90% of it is Harley Quinn. technically she carried that movie.

Back