SECOND Joker movie in development at WB starring............. Jared Leto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popnfresh98

Super Freak
Reaction score
161127.jpg

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/joker-jared-leto-standalone-movie-warner-bros-1202831025/

Leto is set to star and exec produce an untitled standalone film, paving the way for future movies branching from “Suicide Squad.”

Plot details are currently unknown, but the studio’s idea is to expand on the world created by “Suicide Squad” and tie into future installments of that property. Warner Bros. already announced that Margot Robbie’s version of Harley Quinn would be getting her own movie with a “Birds of Prey” feature, and the next goal was setting up a film for Leto’s Joker.

When Warner Bros. announced last fall that it was developing a Joker origin tale from Todd Phillips, the studio emphasized that this did not mean the end for Leto’s Joker. Rather, Phillips’ film would fall under a new origins banner that would be separate from the current cinematic DC universe. This new banner would allow multiple actors and versions based on the same character with no overlap, and WB has already tapped Joaquin Phoenix to star in Phillips’ Joker pic.

Leto’s Joker, as fans noted, was almost a glorified cameo in “Suicide Squad.” The Oscar-winner had made it clear following the film’s release that he hoped to expand on the character in future films in a more substantive, if not starring, role.

It’s currently unknown when this film would go into production, as Leto and the studio will now search for a writer. It’s also unclear if this film would shoot before or after the previously announced sequel to “Suicide Squad,” which is believed to go into production sometime in 2019.

WB............................................

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

Lol holy **** who is running crap over there. How ma y stupid spin offs are they gonna announce. Even Sony isn’t this bad

About damn time for an R-rated Jokerverse.

Without batman! Dude only non auteurs aren’t hype for this . With groundbreaking films like Logan and Deadpool I’m thrilled about this. It’s not safe like Disney . Sony and WB are doing the lords work and pumping out quality. Screw whoever is against this. You don’t know film!

God, people will ***** about anything. First off no one liked the GL origin, then nobody liked the idea of Snyder doing a sophisticated universe, now everyone just wants some consistency. Jesus, people really need to just relax. Don't like a movie? Don't watch it. I despise the MCU. Only reason I even watch them opening night is cause my nephew wants to go. After that viewing, I don't even bother with the movie...

I love Leto's Joker and I could go on for days how he was a very well done Joker, but it'll go back in circles making it a big **** contest about Jack or Heath and somehow Hamill gets brought it, then it turns into a conversation of SW and how DC animated should be the universe etc.

I am stoked for this and will gladly support origin banner, spin offs, and their continued universe. I like a variety of stories, not everything has to be intertwined. Hell, even comics do **** with each other this much.

People like to moan and complain. I agree that DC's films have been mismanaged recently, although I imagine I would have enjoyed justice league a lot more if Snyder had been able to complete it himself. They needed a goal from the outset like marvel had. Everything was like a separate cog in the wheel and they are reaping the benefits. However DC can't be consistent and stick to a plan. Affleck backing down from helming his standalone batman film was the beginning of the end for me. I truly believe he could have made that film great but it seems he wants to distance himself now.

We can't judge a film before it's out, I just wish they had focused on an actual direction with a shared universe after Chris Nolan finished his trilogy. Films like birds of prey, leto's standalone joker film and suicide squad 2 should build on the universe together but it seems they don't have a plan or any forethought. Just my opinion

If they get rid of the distasteful tattoos and teeth caps, the movie will be more appealing. Loved his performance in SS. Hard to get passed the trashy look.

As a diehard DC fan... I have every right to ***** about the poor management of DC films, following the travesty that was Justice League. That movie was ****ing awful.

They’re spreading themselves thin with all the spin-offs as it is. The origin film, with Phoenix, seems redundant at this point now. Suicide Squad, while enjoyable, had issues. I felt the Joker needed to take the spotlight from the other villains and it never really happened. Batman v Superman was a good film, in my opinion, if we’re referring to the extended cut. Wonder Woman was pretty damn decent, if not spared from a few cheesy moments.

Justice League was a huge let down for me personally, as a fan. It had some good parts, but the overall quality suffered. And we all know why and it can’t be helped, but still. I think they need better management. With Affleck wanting to ditch the role of Batman, it’s going to compound the problem.

You can hate the MCU all you want, but Marvel knows what they’re doing.

I am Big fan of DC even all my 1/6 collection is DC, but since DCEU i dont care about DC Cinematic anymore
never like leto joker : Never like the look, acting, never like anything about him being joker

well for people who love leto's joker then you can enjoy him, but not me, i really hope DCEU will be remake

Typical people losing their **** that they know nothing about. Wait and see what this Joker movie will offer before criticizing it.

Typical people losing their **** that they know nothing about. Wait and see what this Joker movie will offer before criticizing it.
I’m not criticizing THIS one. I’d actually, you know... prefer if we kept down the amount of Jokers floating around to a minimum right now. Leto’s Joker grew on me and I’d rather not have to see a constant bashing of his portrayal placed alongside Ledger, Hamill, Nicholson and now freakin’ Joaquin Phoenix. :slap

I’m not criticizing THIS one. I’d actually, you know... prefer if we kept down the amount of Jokers floating around to a minimum right now. Leto’s Joker grew on me and I’d rather not have to see a constant bashing of his portrayal placed alongside Ledger, Hamill, Nicholson and now freakin’ Joaquin Phoenix. :slap

That's rare :rotfl.

With the Joker we don't have to have the same one every movie there is many versions on him in the comics mix up the movies also.

Well, I mean, he’s still the current cinematic Joker. I was never a fan of the Phoenix news and with the announcement of this... I dunno. :lol

Back