DC's "Gotham City Sirens"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Harley Quinn Spinoff officially a GO by WB- Margot Robbie Co-Producing

i'm confused, do you think she could carry a movie with her as a lead or not?

they butchered her character? how do you butcher a character that is

? by giving her more to do? okay..

No, I don't think she carry a movie, which is what I meant by "she'll need other characters to play her off". Sorry for the confusion about that, I should've been a bit more specific.

And by her being better as "just one of Joker's henchmen", I think they tried making her a bigger character than she actually is.
But hey, maybe this movie will prove me wrong?

Last edited:
Re: Harley Quinn led female DC Heroes movie

my biggest wish Would be that Harley and Joker have a falling out at the beginning and she then meets Ivy and falls in love with Poison Ivy and forgets the joker and he's only for 3 minutes of the movie (Enough for marketing to use his clips in the trailer and nothing more lol)

my biggest wish Would be that Harley and Joker have a falling out at the beginning and she then meets Ivy and falls in love with Poison Ivy and forgets the joker and he's only for 3 minutes of the movie (Enough for marketing to use his clips in the trailer and nothing more lol)

She'll probably beat him up. :gah:

He still has a Joker profile photo on his twitter, so I guess he's still interested in playing the character despite feeling "tricked" and "used"?

oh yes, the dude has only like 50 days in front of the camera. you don't just give up a role like the joker, especially when it's different this time around, he's not just part of a movie but a bigger overall universe. $$$

oh yes, the dude has only like 50 days in front of the camera. you don't just give up a role like the joker, especially when it's different this time around, he's not just part of a movie but a bigger overall universe. $$$

That whole thing about him being tricked or whatever was taken out of context. He loved being in the film and they all loved filming it together. He's not going anywhere.

I'd take "Killer Croc: Origins" instead.

Agreed! I wanna see the first time he turned on BET, and what his reaction was like.

No, I don't think she carry a movie, which is what I meant by "she'll need other characters to play her off". Sorry for the confusion about that, I should've been a bit more specific.

And by her being better as "just one of Joker's henchmen", I think they tried making her a bigger character than she actually is.
But hey, maybe this movie will prove me wrong?

It’ll probably prove you wrong and right, the movie will most likely be terrible, but it’ll probably make a crap load of money push out more sequels.

:lol :lol :lol

It’ll probably prove you wrong and right, the movie will most likely be terrible, but it’ll probably make a crap load of money push out more sequels.

Probably. Harley has been becoming a lot more popular.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Exactly, the people who think she's just gaining popularity from SS have no idea. :lol

I think most people above the age of 35 didn't know who Harley was before the film, with the exception of those 40+ year olds who play video games like Arkham or are comic book fans, which is a very tiny percentage.

I think most people above the age of 35 didn't know who Harley was before the film, with the exception of those 40+ year olds who play video games like Arkham or are comic book fans, which is a very tiny percentage.
I'm sure most people in general didn't know her, but if we're going by age range, I would guess folks in their 30s-40s would be most familiar, since they would have been youths or young adults when BTAS came out. I'm 36 and was 12 when that show debuted.

It seems that Harley is DC's first "Iron Man" in that they actually have a new A-list character beyond the Trinity that regular people want to headline movies.

For so many decades Marvel just had Hulk and Spider-Man and DC had the Big 3. Now Marvel has a ton of heroes that are on par with their first two and DC is finally entering that world themselves.

I think DC had other characters besides Bats and Sups that people wanted to see on film and that were A list or at least mainstream popular, but WB just focused on Batman and Sups, and every other superhero film they made was terrible...so they kept going back to Bats and Sups, not even WW. Even Catwoman and GL got solo films before WW.

Marvel's first big mainstream star outside of Spidey and Hulk was probably Blade, but most people didn't know he was a superhero or his relation to Marvel comics. Even today, I'm pretty sure there are plenty of people that don't even know he's a superhero. Wolverine and the X Men totally stole his thunder :lol

I'm not sure how popular HQ from SS really is, since the film is about a team, and the marketing focused on Joker a lot. It's hard to tell if the general audience will care about a HQ solo film. To me, Smith was the real stand out of the film, but I'd probably wouldn't go see a solo DS film, unless they include other character that I like.

As for HQ, she might be part of another group in the new film and JINO will have another cameo to get people like me interested. I think WB is overestimating HQ's popularity as far as boxoffice, just because she sells merchandise to a particular demographic.

I've never counted Blade as a "Marvel superhero" per se. Yeah he's a comic book character owned by Marvel but to me he's separate.

I've never counted Blade as a "Marvel superhero" per se. Yeah he's a comic book character owned by Marvel but to me he's separate.

Not to me, he used to be in the Spiderman cartoons.

He didn't look like Snipes though. He looked kind of white :lol

Back