David Ayer's Academy Award winning "Suicide Squad"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC's "Suicide Squad" (August 5th, 2016)

giphy.gif

Hope you said the same thing about X Gon Give It To Ya being used in Deadpool. :lol

Yea I guess old songs aren't supposed to be used in new movies.

Sorry all you flicks on the Stayin' Alive waiting list.

It wasn't that bad. It goes well with that particular scene.

The only part that seems off and like he's trying to hard to look edgy and dangerous is when

Spoiler Spoiler:

So apparently during the suit up scene, they play Eminem's "Without me" song. That's really dated...and not in a good way. They might as well used Limp Bizkit :lol

Eminem is now an "oldie" it's retro and post modern to use his tracks in a movie. Most of the kids on FB never heard of him.
In another couple of years it will be Limp Bizkit's turn.
You are getting old.

:lol

Pics aren't working. But there's very little to no memorable scenes for the Joker for me.

His introduction... Seriously...
Seeing it again in 2 hours.... Promised a girlfriend i would go with her... Urgh....

b605b1efedc9ea85984b9c6a8608d18feeaf23dd450e529b179cb9eac77243284.jpg

Marilyn Cyrus.

That's all I'm seeing there.

..or that first zombie cutscene from the original Resident Evil Game.

Well its not bad.
But its not good.
I didnt read the reviews but if they start saying **** like its as bad as the fantastique four they are clearly lying.
Variety is owned by Disney so dont be surprised if they are very vocal lol
And yeah Disney is at it to crush the competition.
Its no conspiracy its just strategic, marketing and all.

Not according to Wikipedia.

Variety magazine

The 2 most overrated things when it comes to movies....Box Office Earnings and Reviews. Especially RT, because all that site does is aggregate reviews from other critics. They are not reviews written by RT. All they do is collect reviews from all over and post them in one place.

And who knows what the intent really is these days with critic reviews. Do they get paid to be positive or negative by the movie companies? most likely. I don't read reviews anymore because i dont really feel they are authentic plus i just want to make up my own mind. it doesn't matter to me what someone else thinks.

And the amount of $$ a movie makes means even less and is no indication if a movie is good or bad. It $$ only means something to the people who are involved making the movies. I hated Iron Man 3, but it made over a billion dollars. All those Transformer movies make huge profits. But i find them unwatchable. Avatar made tons of money. I wasn't a fan. But a movie like "Dredd" actually lost money, but i loved it. it had a 50 million budget and it only made 35 million worldwide. But ill take that movie any day over a lot of the MCU movies i have seen lately.

But fans seem to focus so much on the $$ and reviews when really the only thing that matters is if you personally liked it or not after you've seen it. And if you do love it, thats great!!!! If you don't, you will live, and you can move on to the next thing. :)

:goodpost: :clap :clap :clap

I completely agree with you 100% on everything you stated. ​+1

Last edited:

Spidey is my favorite comic character followed by Swamp Thing. Which fanboi side am I on?

I think it was with Batman 89 that I began to fully understand the importance of box office to the adults behind the scenes making these movies.

Before that I simply fell in love with Star Wars, Empire, Superman the Movie, Raiders, Conan, Predator, Aliens, Robocop, Friday the 13th, The Thing and Die Hard with no thought or care in the world of the significance of money.

In my simple child mind it was read a movie magazine, get excited, see movie, love movie, next.

Back