David Ayer's Academy Award winning "Suicide Squad"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC's "Suicide Squad" (August 5th, 2016)

https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/reviews/suicide-squad-movie-review-w432204

OUCH
https://variety.com/2016/film/news/suicide-squad-reviews-1201828718/

Double and triple ouch.

200.gif

Going to see it at the I-Max Saturday night. My simple advice is stop reading Rotten Tomatoes before seeing a movie. Go see for yourself. Then praise or trash it.

:wave

Business as usual for these critics….Hate DC…Love Marvel….. w/e….Thank God critics don’t make movies…

So a guy I "know" on FB saw it and he's a die hard DCEU fan. This guy was hyped, saying Leto was going to change cinema and the world forever, meaning his performance would be that iconic. He also LOVES MOS and likes BvS...although I don't believe it.

Well, he said SS was...alright, but not groundbreaking and it had no substance. Just some good moments and some good lines...but overall very average. Will Smith "steals the film."

He was very disappointed, I could tell by the lack of hype and excitement in his words. Kinda sad actually.

I never understood how this film could actually work and satisfy its audience (both comic fans and normal people).

Whether this movie tanks or not.. It will still make money this opening weekend because people will pay to go see it for themselves despite the critics.

They promoted and hyped this film so much to the general public, I think even those who don't follow the comics but don't know too much on these characters aside from Joker and Harley, will still go and see it

So a guy I "know" on FB saw it and he's a die hard DCEU fan. This guy was hyped, saying Leto was going to change cinema and the world forever, meaning his performance would be that iconic. He also LOVES MOS and likes BvS...although I don't believe it.

Well, he said SS was...alright, but not groundbreaking and it had no substance. Just some good moments and some good lines...but overall very average. Will Smith "steals the film."

He was very disappointed, I could tell by the lack of hype and excitement in his words. Kinda sad actually.

So it's just like GotG?

:lol
Going to see it at the I-Max Saturday night. My simple advice is stop reading Rotten Tomatoes before seeing a movie. Go see for yourself. Then praise or trash it.

:wave
It's not Rotten Tomatoes, the reviews are all over social media and its brutal. I am going to try and avoid anymore reviews tho.

Whether this movie tanks or not.. It will still make money this opening weekend because people will pay to go see it for themselves despite the critics.

They promoted and hyped this film so much to the general public, I think even those who don't follow the comics but don't know too much on these characters aside from Joker and Harley, will still go and see it

Of course, people will want to make up their own minds just to see if it's that bad.

You-know-who got a temp ban but I bet he's still rage-reading this thread. :lol

He's always watching, always scheming. When it's lifted, BAM!, he's gonna have a wall of text ready. Conspiracy theories, "trusted reviews", he's gonna come back loaded...

Oh, and, more Evansposting...

giphy_zpsrckvea1f.gif~original

So apparently during the suit up scene, they play Eminem's "Without me" song. That's really dated...and not in a good way. They might as well used Limp Bizkit :lol

He's always watching, always scheming. When it's lifted, BAM!, he's gonna have a wall of text ready. Conspiracy theories, "trusted reviews", he's gonna come back loaded...

Oh, and, more Evansposting...

giphy_zpsrckvea1f.gif~original

So based on this scene, Ayer should defeat Rotten Tomatoes?

:lol :lol

Gotta love laughing Evans.

Yeah, he's probably writing his first draft now. Banned six days ago... only eight more to go. :lol

giphy.gif

So apparently during the suit up scene, they play Eminem's "Without me" song. That's really dated...and not in a good way. They might as well used Limp Bizkit :lol

Bu-but, this Joker is CrAy-cRaY...

So based on this scene, Ayer should defeat Rotten Tomatoes?

Well, Ayer is, like, a "fighter". He'd rather die standing than kneel *********.

giphy.gif

The 2 most overrated things when it comes to movies....Box Office Earnings and Reviews. Especially RT, because all that site does is aggregate reviews from other critics. They are not reviews written by RT. All they do is collect reviews from all over and post them in one place.

And who knows what the intent really is these days with critic reviews. Do they get paid to be positive or negative by the movie companies? most likely. I don't read reviews anymore because i dont really feel they are authentic plus i just want to make up my own mind. it doesn't matter to me what someone else thinks.

And the amount of $$ a movie makes means even less and is no indication if a movie is good or bad. It $$ only means something to the people who are involved making the movies. I hated Iron Man 3, but it made over a billion dollars. All those Transformer movies make huge profits. But i find them unwatchable. Avatar made tons of money. I wasn't a fan. But a movie like "Dredd" actually lost money, but i loved it. it had a 50 million budget and it only made 35 million worldwide. But ill take that movie any day over a lot of the MCU movies i have seen lately.

But fans seem to focus so much on the $$ and reviews when really the only thing that matters is if you personally liked it or not after you've seen it. And if you do love it, thats great!!!! If you don't, you will live, and you can move on to the next thing. :)

Back