David Ayer's Academy Award winning "Suicide Squad"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC's "Suicide Squad" (August 5th, 2016)

The 2 most overrated things when it comes to movies....Box Office Earnings and Reviews. Especially RT, because all that site does is aggregate reviews from other critics. They are not reviews written by RT. All they do is collect reviews from all over and post them in one place.

And who knows what the intent really is these days with critic reviews. Do they get paid to be positive or negative by the movie companies? most likely. I don't read reviews anymore because i dont really feel they are authentic plus i just want to make up my own mind. it doesn't matter to me what someone else thinks.

And the amount of $$ a movie makes means even less and is no indication if a movie is good or bad. It $$ only means something to the people who are involved making the movies. I hated Iron Man 3, but it made over a billion dollars. All those Transformer movies make huge profits. But i find them unwatchable. Avatar made tons of money. I wasn't a fan. But a movie like "Dredd" actually lost money, but i loved it. it had a 50 million budget and it only made 35 million worldwide. But ill take that movie any day over a lot of the MCU movies i have seen lately.

But fans seem to focus so much on the $$ and reviews when really the only thing that matters is if you personally liked it or not after you've seen it. And if you do love it, thats great!!!! If you don't, you will live, and you can move on to the next thing. :)

:goodpost:

I mentioned this in a figure thread before that RT scores and box office $$$ aren't as important as everyone makes out - only for the people who like to based their opinion on what's written on the internet and claim it as fact.

Best example to use it Dredd - absolutely bombed at the box office but is a great solid movie and safely one of my favourite movies now. It has a good RT score but those types of movies always seem to do well up against the big studios. It's alll b******t anyway. Like what you like and dislike what you don't like - too many sheep these days.

This movie get a 7/10 from me.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Hey

:wave

Morning

;)

:wave

nkPVmGm.gif

1470156378434.jpg

That's a beautiful gif.

So apparently during the suit up scene, they play Eminem's "Without me" song. That's really dated...and not in a good way. They might as well used Limp Bizkit :lol
Lol without me is on the soundtrack to. Like that song came out when I was in 6th grade . But the video for the song was batman themed so maybe that's why

I may not like the movie but it's not as bad as some reviews make it sound.
GOTG, IM3 or THOR 2 should have been nuked from orbit but still they got very benevolent reviews.
DC are always being trashed harder.

Yeah Eminem was cringeworthy.
Feels like an old dude trying to be hip.

And yes this should have been an R.
The opening in the prison with the guatanamo style treatment should have set the tone for the rest...

Back