David Ayer's Academy Award winning "Suicide Squad"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC's "Suicide Squad" (August 5th, 2016)

Naaaaaah.

Maybe the gun wasn't loaded, but we don't know that.

You mean just like you don't know and can't prove Joker in Arkham was being a clown? :lol

We know that the bombs in the boats are not going to go off because the people choose not to do it, that's completely independent to the Joker, we know for a fact this part of his plan fails, and since he's hypothetically dead, he can't make them go off himself.

Batman doesn't know that...you do because you saw the whole film :lol Maybe the Joker left his trigger with one of the henchman that were in the building just in case he was shot by Dent. Not to mention the hostages Batman had to rescue in the building...like the news guy.

But his plan to corrupt Dent wouldn't work if Dent only killed the Joker instead of going on a murderous rampage. and since Batman used the sonar to get the Joker and Joker is dead, well, he could've used to sonar to locate Dent, except now he didn't have to waste any time with the Joker.

Hell, his plan DID fail even after Dent's murderous rampage because the media and the police covered it all up and Batman took the blame.

Found Dent, he killed the Joker, now Dent is a hero, oh, he's insane? Media smoke screen just like with the Dent act. Batman doesn't become a weird martyr, Joker failed in every way.

The sonar only works if the person uses a phone and Harvey didn't use one until he had Ramirez call Gordon. Plus the sonar was a last resort to catch the Joker...he wasn't going to use that to find Harvey.

Yes, he failed in the end...he's the villain, but we're not debating whether or not his plan was successful. The argument was about the Joker's control, and he always had some form of control. Even when Batman beats him and he's hanging upside down...he still was in control because of Harvey...so he tells Batman about it...which was his real mistake, and the only reason Batman was able to save Gordon. Even when Batman saves the day and doesn't kill Joker, he still let's Batman know that there's more to his plan.

You mean just like you don't know and can't prove Joker in Arkham was being a clown? :lol
I don't need to, I just think he was just being a clown :lol

Batman doesn't know that...you do because you saw the whole film :lol
Exactly, the Joker tells him, but we know nothing happens, this is a fact, nothing happens, so it's irrelevant if Batman doesn't know.

Maybe the Joker left his trigger with one of the henchman that were in the building just in case he was shot by Dent.
C'moooon now. You're starting to reach.

Well, yeah...he failed in the end...he's the villain, but we're not debating whether or not his plan was successful. The argument was about the Joker's control, and he was always had some form of control. Even when Batman beats him and he's hanging upside down...he still was in control because of Harvey...so he tells Batman about it...which was his real mistake, and the only reason Batman was able to save Gordon. Even when Batman saves the day and doesn't kill Joker, he still let's Batman know that there's more to his plan.
But that shows how the Joker wasn't really in control, not even when his plan succeeded in making Dent kill all of those people.

Again, not having to waste time on the Joker he can focus on Dent.

Of course he was in control most of the time, but the point of this whole conversation is that he wasn't in control in THAT particular scene, which was the point of the entire scene and his whole speech, to show the he doesn't care about control.

Exactly, the Joker tells him, but we know nothing happens, this is a fact, nothing happens, so it's irrelevant if Batman doesn't know.

Joker doesn't tell Batman about the boats. What are you talking about? :lol

You're Mr Fantastic when it comes to stretching...and you're telling me that? Well, I don't need to, I just think he planned things..."he's just ahead of the curve" :lol

but the point of this whole conversation is that he wasn't in control in THAT particular scene, which was the point of the entire scene and his whole speech, to show the he doesn't care about control.

He did cared about having control....that's pretty clear from the opening of the movie. :lol The guy who said, "do I look like a guy with a plan?" Yet, he has more plans than anyone. The man who puts the people on the boats in a situation so that they kill themselves...but in case it doesn't work, HE has the main trigger, hence he IS in control. :lol The guy who gave Batman the wrong address because he knew Bats would go for Rachael... complete control. He puts the gun to his head and if he dies, he dies by his own hand...that's control of the situation. If you willingly commit suicide, are you not in control?

Oh right, even easier then, since the Joker isn't there to press the button just send a chopper to let the boats know that.

You're Mr Fantastic when it comes to stretching...and you're telling me that?
I never stretch though, I'm only logical ;^)

Well, I don't need to, I just think he planned things..."he's just ahead of the curve" :lol
I don't think he'd give the detonator to a henchman, the Joker always pulls the lever himself.

He did cared about having control....that's pretty clear from the opening of the movie. :lol
He doesn't, that's the whole point of his character, that's why memes like this one exist, that's why people refer to this Joker as that.

cRJTbXe.jpg

Oh right, even easier then, since the Joker isn't there to press the button just send a chopper to let the boats know that.

That makes no sense. :lol

Logic went out the window when you chose to think that Joker was being a clown in the Arkham film :lol

I don't think he'd give the detonator to a henchman, the Joker always pulls the lever himself.

Not always...he had others do the killing for him.

He doesn't, that's the whole point of his character, that's why memes like this one exist, that's why people refer to this Joker as that.

No, that's his lie...he's more of a terrorist, which is what they call him in the film. Those meme are made by Hamill fanboys who feel the need to compare live action actors to their favorite Joker. And the whole point of that meme is to give each Joker a meaningless title as an insult. They are even calling Leto a psychopath...even though they haven't seen the film yet.

Technically, Nicholson was more of an anarchist than Ledger...and they are all psychopaths. Ledger was a terrorist, but people don't like using that word...so they call him an "anarchist"...the guy with a million plans and a ******* notebook to read his notes. :lol

Huh? Joker can't blow them up so they have no reason to blow each other anymore.

No pun intended.

Logic went out the window when you chose to think that Joker was being a clown in the Arkham film :lol
C'mon, you have the name of the character you should know him better.

Yeah but not do his master strokes.

Again, no pun intended.

No, that's his lie...he's more of a terrorist, which is what they call him in the film. Those meme are made by Hamill fanboys who feel the need to compared live action actors to their favorite Joker. They are even calling Leto a psychopath...even though they haven't seen the film yet.
Yeah I know the meme is cancerous, nevertheless this Joker is the anarchist side of the character, like I said, it's been call that by lots of people, even here, for a reason.

The whole point of that scene is to show exactly how crazy he is by letting go, you're taking one layer off the character by thinking he was actually in control in that scene.

C'mon, you have the name of the character you should know him better.

I clearly do :lol

Yeah but not do his master strokes.

Because he likes control.

Technically, Rachael was part of his biggest....stroke, and he didn't do it himself.

Yeah I know the meme is cancerous, nevertheless this Joker is the anarchist side of the character, like I said, it's been call that by lots of people, even here, for a reason.

The whole point of that scene is to show exactly how crazy he is by letting go, you're taking one layer off the character by thinking he was actually in control in that scene.

I know he doesn't care about dying, that's pretty clear when Batman throws him off the building, but my point is that there's nothing random or chaotic about the hospital scene. He was in control. Harvey Dent was Joker's biggest "ace." When he gave him the gun he took a "chance"...assuming the gun wasn't empty. Had Harvey blown Joker's brain then the Joker wouldn't have cared about his death, but he surely would've had the last laugh because he took the symbol (white knight) of the city and drove him to insanity and made him a killer. The Joker's primary ambition was to make Batman do that ("Hit me" scene) but Joker knew Batman was incorruptible, so he resorted to the next best person in Gotham city which happened to be Harvey Dent. In his crazy mind, getting killed by Dent, is still a victory...just like getting killed by Batman is a victory, which is why he was laughing when he was falling. "Letting go" in those situations was a victory in his mind, unlike getting shot during the bank...which he avoided.

I think we're going in circles now [emoji38]

Let's just agree to disagree, pretty good discussion though :duff

I hope letoker is at least half as deep as Legder was to lend the character to such scrutiny

I do want to say, more than a control freak, the Joker is more of an artist, with the amount of control and lack of control that entails.

He was totally in control of the situation. Dent is restrained to the bed...until Joker let's him loose (in more ways than one). Joker completely manipulates Dent and convinces him that Gordon and the Mob are the "real" villains because they have "plans," and then he puts the gun on Harvey's hand, and then points the gun at himself to show his dominance. Yes, he could have been shot...but even then, that makes Dent a killer, which is what Joker wanted anyway.

This guy gets it.

:duff

Because Deadshot slept with Harley.

Why is that cause of controversy?

What's wrong with this?

I didn't make the video :lol I'm guessing he used the word "controversy" instead of problem, dispute, quarrel, or altercation, as a way to describe the scene of Joker having a problem with Deadshot.

Everything, he doesn't shoot the guy, he gets outsmarted in a very silly way, points the gun at himself like an idiot, and drops Deadshot's writs gun...thing. Total fail...plus his dialogue is like it was written by a child.

Joker gets outwitted quite often by serious types like that, I like to think it's all calculated for comedic effect, he used Harley as a shield afterwards after all.

Pointing the gun to himself and everything, that's just Jokerish.

It's all about context though. When the Joker points a gun to his head he usually is in control of the situation and he does it to showcase his dominance over others by demonstrating a lack of fear.

Jokerish
u49hmdH.jpg

Jokerish
IMGnmTG.jpg

Jokerish
xe8ErVW.jpg

Jokerish- not a fan of the rapist joker...but at least they got the gun thing right

nSKaAmY.jpg

Not very Jokerish - Confused...and checking to see if gun is loaded...by looking at it...not very Jokerish, imo.

Lb60COm.jpg

What makes you think he wasn't in control?

And c'mon man, don't ****ing use Jerome, ew. :lol

And btw, in TDK scene he wasn't in control, that was the whole point of the scene.

Yeah, he loses, but how do you know he's not just being a clown?

I don't think so, he got one good bit in Gotham that I saw on youtube :lol Leto is a fantastic actor, I don't think he'll do a bad job seeing his track record.

So he wasn't in control.

We know Joker's plan doesn't work and we know Batman would've got Dent.

If anything, if the Joker had be shot by Dent, Batman could've gotten to Dent sooner. Except now instead of killing all of those people, Dent only killed the Joker...

He wasn't. It's pretty clear he was upset with Deadshot from the very beginning of the film when he was alone in the cell, upset that Harley was with some other guy. Joker might not love Harley...but that's his property...he made her, so when he tells Deadshot that he doesn't like people touching his stuff, he was serious.

You know Joker's plan doesn't work in retrospect...but not as it's happening, and neither does Batman...or anyone for that matter.

He was in control in the entire film...even when he goes to jail so he can escape and take Lao with him. Everything he did was well thought out...even had a little note book to read stuff :lol, and his meeting with Dent was no exception. How do you know the gun was even loaded? Maybe it wasn't. And even if it was, the Joker's hidden plan was to corrupt Dent, so him dying works just as well, and the only reason Batman even finds out about Harvey is because Joker told him :lol If Dent kills Joker, Harvey still escapes, kills those people, and Batman might still have to deal with the boats and explosives because those were already set up probably and the people inside those boats had the trigger..and one of J's henchman has the other trigger in the mean time.

Man, you really believe Joker's bull**** :lol The guy who said, "do I look like a guy with a plan?" Yet, he has more plans than anyone. :lol The man who puts people like the ones in on the boats in a situation so that they kill themselves...but in case it doesn't work, HE has the main trigger, hence he IS in control. :lol The guy who gave Batman the wrong adress because he knew Bats would go for Rachael... complete control.

Naaaaaah.

Maybe the gun wasn't loaded, but we don't know that.

We know that the bombs in the boats are not going to go off because the people choose not to do it, that's completely independent to the Joker, we know for a fact this part of his plan fails, and since he's hypothetically dead, he can't make them go off himself.

But his plan to corrupt Dent wouldn't work if Dent only killed the Joker instead of going on a murderous rampage. and since Batman used the sonar to get the Joker and Joker is dead, well, he could've used to sonar to locate Dent, except now he didn't have to waste any time with the Joker.

Hell, his plan DID fail even after Dent's murderous rampage because the media and the police covered it all up and Batman took the blame.

Found Dent, he killed the Joker, now Dent is a hero, oh, he's insane? Media smoke screen just like with the Dent act. Batman doesn't become a weird martyr, Joker failed in every way.

See?

Oh yeah Eastwood would've been much better, good call.

Batman doesn't know that...you do because you saw the whole film :lol Maybe the Joker left his trigger with one of the henchman that were in the building just in case he was shot by Dent. Not to mention the hostages Batman had to rescue in the building...like the news guy.

The sonar only works if the person uses a phone and Harvey didn't use one until he had Ramirez call Gordon. Plus the sonar was a last resort to catch the Joker...he wasn't going to use that to find Harvey.

Yes, he failed in the end...he's the villain, but we're not debating whether or not his plan was successful. The argument was about the Joker's control, and he always had some form of control. Even when Batman beats him and he's hanging upside down...he still was in control because of Harvey...so he tells Batman about it...which was his real mistake, and the only reason Batman was able to save Gordon. Even when Batman saves the day and doesn't kill Joker, he still let's Batman know that there's more to his plan.

I don't need to, I just think he was just being a clown :lol

But that shows how the Joker wasn't really in control, not even when his plan succeeded in making Dent kill all of those people.

Again, not having to waste time on the Joker he can focus on Dent.

Of course he was in control most of the time, but the point of this whole conversation is that he wasn't in control in THAT particular scene, which was the point of the entire scene and his whole speech, to show the he doesn't care about control.

You're Mr Fantastic when it comes to stretching...and you're telling me that? Well, I don't need to, I just think he planned things..."he's just ahead of the curve" :lol

He did cared about having control....that's pretty clear from the opening of the movie. :lol The guy who said, "do I look like a guy with a plan?" Yet, he has more plans than anyone. The man who puts the people on the boats in a situation so that they kill themselves...but in case it doesn't work, HE has the main trigger, hence he IS in control. :lol The guy who gave Batman the wrong address because he knew Bats would go for Rachael... complete control. He puts the gun to his head and if he dies, he dies by his own hand...that's control of the situation. If you willingly commit suicide, are you not in control?

cRJTbXe.jpg

No, that's his lie...he's more of a terrorist, which is what they call him in the film. Those meme are made by Hamill fanboys who feel the need to compare live action actors to their favorite Joker. And the whole point of that meme is to give each Joker a meaningless title as an insult. They are even calling Leto a psychopath...even though they haven't seen the film yet.

Technically, Nicholson was more of an anarchist than Ledger...and they are all psychopaths. Ledger was a terrorist, but people don't like using that word...so they call him an "anarchist"...the guy with a million plans and a ******* notebook to read his notes. :lol

I clearly do :lol

Because he likes control.

Technically, Rachael was part of his biggest....stroke, and he didn't do it himself.

I know he doesn't care about dying, that's pretty clear when Batman throws him off the building, but my point is that there's nothing random or chaotic about the hospital scene. He was in control. Harvey Dent was Joker's biggest "ace." When he gave him the gun he took a "chance"...assuming the gun wasn't empty. Had Harvey blown Joker's brain then the Joker wouldn't have cared about his death, but he surely would've had the last laugh because he took the symbol (white knight) of the city and drove him to insanity and made him a killer. The Joker's primary ambition was to make Batman do that ("Hit me" scene) but Joker knew Batman was incorruptible, so he resorted to the next best person in Gotham city which happened to be Harvey Dent. In his crazy mind, getting killed by Dent, is still a victory...just like getting killed by Batman is a victory, which is why he was laughing when he was falling. "Letting go" in those situations was a victory in his mind, unlike getting shot during the bank...which he avoided.

I think we're going in circles now [emoji38]

Let's just agree to disagree, pretty good discussion though :duff

I hope letoker is at least half as deep as Legder was to lend the character to such scrutiny

I do want to say, more than a control freak, the Joker is more of an artist, with the amount of control and lack of control that entails.

Yup, agreed :lol :hi5:

Back