David Ayer's Academy Award winning "Suicide Squad"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC's "Suicide Squad" (August 5th, 2016)

Why is that cause of controversy?

I didn't make the video :lol I'm guessing he used the word "controversy" instead of problem, dispute, quarrel, or altercation, as a way to describe the scene of Joker having a problem with Deadshot.

What's wrong with this?

Everything, he doesn't shoot the guy, he gets outsmarted in a very silly way, points the gun at himself like an idiot, and drops Deadshot's writs gun...thing. Total fail...plus his dialogue is like it was written by a child.

Everything, he doesn't shoot the guy, he gets outsmarted in a very silly way, points the gun at himself like an idiot, and drops Deadshot's writs gun...thing. Total fail...plus his dialogue is like it was written by a child.
Joker gets outwitted quite often by serious types like that, I like to think it's all calculated for comedic effect, he used Harley as a shield afterwards after all.

Pointing the gun to himself and everything, that's just Jokerish.

Pointing the gun to himself and everything, that's just Jokerish.

It's all about context though. When the Joker points a gun to his head he usually is in control of the situation and he does it to showcase his dominance over others by demonstrating a lack of fear.

Jokerish
u49hmdH.jpg

Jokerish
IMGnmTG.jpg

Jokerish
xe8ErVW.jpg

Jokerish- not a fan of the rapist joker...but at least they got the gun thing right

nSKaAmY.jpg

Not very Jokerish - Confused...and checking to see if gun is loaded...by looking at it...not very Jokerish, imo.

Lb60COm.jpg

What makes you think he wasn't in control?

And c'mon man, don't ****ing use Jerome, ew. :lol

And btw, in TDK scene he wasn't in control, that was the whole point of the scene.

It's all about context though. When the Joker points a gun to his head he usually is in control of the situation and he does it to showcase his dominance over others by demonstrating a lack of fear.

Jokerish
u49hmdH.jpg

Jokerish
IMGnmTG.jpg

Jokerish
xe8ErVW.jpg

Jokerish- not a fan of the rapist joker...but at least they got the gun thing right

nSKaAmY.jpg

Not very Jokerish - Confused...and checking to see if gun is loaded...by looking at it...not very Jokerish, imo.

Lb60COm.jpg

I think that scene was to represent how much Deadshot was in control and how much it threw the joker off his game

i dont think it was so much about the joker being goofy but about showing how much more control of the situation deadshot had. (joker acts even a little bit embarrassed that he was tricked) that is not a joker that is in control. Deadshot made him doubt himself and made him feel out of place

What makes you think he wasn't in control?

Because he wasn't :lol They were playing a game of chicken...I believe that's what they call it, and he loses...simple as that.

And c'mon man, don't ****ing use Jerome, ew. :lol

Hey, that kid might be better than Letoker :lol

And btw, in TDK scene he wasn't in control, that was the whole point of the scene.

He was totally in control of the situation. Dent is restrained to the bed...until Joker let's him loose (in more ways than one). Joker completely manipulates Dent and convinces him that Gordon and the Mob are the "real" villains because they have "plans," and then he puts the gun on Harvey's hand, and then points the gun at himself to show his dominance. Yes, he could have been shot...but even then, that makes Dent a killer, which is what Joker wanted anyway.

I think that scene was to represent how much Deadshot was in control and how much it threw the joker off his game

i dont think it was so much about the joker being goofy but about showing how much more control of the situation deadshot had. (joker acts even a little bit embarrassed that he was tricked) that is not a joker that is in control. Deadshot made him doubt himself and made him feel out of place

It's like some Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck **** :lol Daffy usually wins against other characters, until he's feuding with Bugs...then Bugs gets the best of him.

In no particular order:
All-Star Superman
Justice League Flashpoint Paradox
Under The Red Hood.

I've enjoyed all of them except the animated TDKR. I didn't like the voice acting. I also didn't like the fact they eliminated the narration, and then tried to incorporate a tiny bit of it into the dialogue. Just didn't work for me. I think what works best for Frank Miller is his characters internal dialogue. That's why Sin City is one of my favorites.

Because he wasn't :lol They were playing a game of chicken...I believe that's what they call it, and he loses...simple as that.
Yeah, he loses, but how do you know he's not just being a clown?

Hey, that kid might be better than Letoker :lol
I don't think so, he got one good bit in Gotham that I saw on youtube :lol Leto is a fantastic actor, I don't think he'll do a bad job seeing his track record.

Yes, he could have been shot...
So he wasn't in control.

We know Joker's plan doesn't work and we know Batman would've got Dent.

If anything, if the Joker had be shot by Dent, Batman could've gotten to Dent sooner. Except now instead of killing all of those people, Dent only killed the Joker...

Yeah, he loses, but how
If anything, if the Joker had be shot by Dent, Batman could've gotten to Dent sooner. Except now instead of killing all of those people, Dent only killed the Joker...

and dent would be alive. and the funny thing is that dents death fixed everything in gotham and fixed everything for batman

I love TDKR movie, but I agree with this, Weller's performance was too clean and monotone for an old tired beast of a Batman, he softened many moments of tension.

the final monologue to superman is kind of cheesy because of that

I love TDKR movie, but I agree with this, Weller's performance was too clean and monotone for an old tired beast of a Batman, he softened many moments of tension.
Yes. He missed so many of the inflections and pauses that are supposed to be in Batman's dialogue. The big speech at the dump fell flat, and the way he talked to Robin was just blah.

and dent would be alive. and the funny thing is that dents death fixed everything in gotham and fixed everything for batman
Yup, the Joker put his whole chaos inducing plan in jeopardy with at that moment to show that no one is really in control.

the final monologue to superman is kind of cheesy because of that
Yes. He missed so many of the inflections and pauses that are supposed to be in Batman's dialogue. The big speech at the dump fell flat, and the way he talked to Robin was just blah.
All of this is true, who would you 2 cast for an older Bats? I have no idea who I'd pick :lol

Yeah, he loses, but how do you know he's not just being a clown?

He wasn't. It's pretty clear he was upset with Deadshot from the very beginning of the film when he was alone in the cell, upset that Harley was with some other guy. Joker might not love Harley...but that's his property...he made her, so when he tells Deadshot that he doesn't like people touching his stuff, he was serious.

So he wasn't in control.

We know Joker's plan doesn't work and we know Batman would've got Dent.

You know Joker's plan doesn't work in retrospect...but not as it's happening, and neither does Batman...or anyone for that matter.

He was in control in the entire film...even when he goes to jail so he can escape and take Lao with him. Everything he did was well thought out...even had a little note book to read stuff :lol, and his meeting with Dent was no exception. How do you know the gun was even loaded? Maybe it wasn't. And even if it was, the Joker's hidden plan was to corrupt Dent, so him dying works just as well, and the only reason Batman even finds out about Harvey is because Joker told him :lol If Dent kills Joker, Harvey still escapes, kills those people, and Batman might still have to deal with the boats and explosives because those were already set up probably and the people inside those boats had the trigger..and one of J's henchman has the other trigger in the mean time.

Yup, the Joker put his whole chaos inducing plan in jeopardy with at that moment to show that no one is really in control.

Man, you really believe Joker's bull**** :lol The guy who said, "do I look like a guy with a plan?" Yet, he has more plans than anyone. :lol The man who puts people like the ones in on the boats in a situation so that they kill themselves...but in case it doesn't work, HE has the main trigger, hence he IS in control. :lol The guy who gave Batman the wrong adress because he knew Bats would go for Rachael... complete control.

For voice acting I have no idea, but when I first read the book Clint Eastwood came to mind. This was back in the 80's when he would've be the perfect age to play old Bruce. Now he'd have to be old Bruce from the epilogue episode of JLU.

He wasn't. It's pretty clear he was upset with Deadshot from the very beginning of the film when he was alone in the cell, upset that Harley was with some other guy. Joker might not love Harley...but that's his property...he made her, so when he tells Deadshot that he doesn't like people touching his stuff, he was serious.
Naaaaaah.

He was in control in the entire film...even when he goes to jail so he can escape and take Lao with him. Everything he did was well though out, and his meeting with Dent was no exception. How do you know the gun was even loaded? Maybe it wasn't. And even if it was, the Joker's hidden plan was to corrupt, so him dying works just as well, and the only reason Batman even finds out about Harvey is because Joker told him :lol If Dent kills Joker, Harvey still escapes, kills those people, and Batman might still have to deal with the boats and explosives because those were already set up probably and the people inside those boats had the trigger.
Maybe the gun wasn't loaded, but we don't know that.

We know that the bombs in the boats are not going to go off because the people choose not to do it, that's completely independent to the Joker, we know for a fact this part of his plan fails, and since he's hypothetically dead, he can't make them go off himself.

But his plan to corrupt Dent wouldn't work if Dent only killed the Joker instead of going on a murderous rampage. and since Batman used the sonar to get the Joker and Joker is dead, well, he could've used to sonar to locate Dent, except now he didn't have to waste any time with the Joker.

Hell, his plan DID fail even after Dent's murderous rampage because the media and the police covered it all up and Batman took the blame.

Found Dent, he killed the Joker, now Dent is a hero, oh, he's insane? Media smoke screen just like with the Dent act. Batman doesn't become a weird martyr, Joker failed in every way.

See?

For voice acting I have no idea, but when I first read the book Clint Eastwood came to mind. This was back in the 80's when he would've be the perfect age to play old Bruce. Now he'd have to be old Bruce from the epilogue episode of JLU.
Oh yeah Eastwood would've been much better, good call.

Back