David Ayer's Academy Award winning "Suicide Squad"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC's "Suicide Squad" (August 5th, 2016)

we can only hope, I love the movie as is and would be OK with just deleted scenes, but like everyone else I'm itching to see that other cut.

One thing that I think would have been cool to see on screen were more examples of the Squad murdering "good guys" prior to being arrested. We saw Deadshot performing a hit and Boomerang killing his partner but those attacks were on other criminals. Murder is murder, yes, but if it's against other bad guys it feels greyer and crosses over into Punisher/Battfleck territory as opposed to "worst of the worst."

I think if we saw Deadshot gunning down a warm and friendly looking politician or district attorney as the victim's pretty wife screamed in horror next to him that it would have driven home how bad and dangerous this guy was. The movie does establish that he's an evil hitman but it's all through dialogue and dossier statistics. Just a little more "showing" as opposed to telling would have gone a long way IMO.

I guess they did an okay job with Harley as she facilitates all the murders that occur when Joker is broken out of Arkham and they actually show us that happening but I could see someone watching SS and almost coming away thinking that Deadshot is a "yeah but they were all bad" type of lovable hitman.

I did like that Killer Croc at least killed an innocent prison guard on screen.

I guess they felt his one shown assassination did the job, and him teaching his daughter how to be an efficient killer. :lol

The movie also needed more gore, similar to planet terror.

Yeah, and I would say that the film "did the job" of adequately painting a picture of who these criminals were, I just think it would have been cool if they added a little bit of an exclamation point during that process. :D

Any confirmation blu ray will have an extended cut???

WB is planning on releasing 3 cuts of this:

Theatrical Directors Cut
Extended Joker Directors Cut PG-13
Extended Joker Directors Cut Golden Shower Edition Rate R

Ayer has stated all 3 are his directors cut, good for him.

If Rogue can get her own cut then why can't the Clown Prince of Pee.

image.jpeg

WB is planning on releasing 3 cuts of this:

Theatrical Directors Cut
Extended Joker Directors Cut PG-13
Extended Joker Directors Cut Golden Shower Edition Rate R

Ayer has stated all 3 are his directors cut, good for him.

Hopefully the whole film has an orange tint like Batman Begins :monkey3

650 million when it's all said and done. Evans can take a dive into Joker's pee and grandma's tea for all I care:lol

Back