David Ayer's Academy Award winning "Suicide Squad"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC's "Suicide Squad" (August 5th, 2016)

:lol Two versus movies and one forced team up. Not really a lot of "Go team" going on this year. Just wait, JL next year will bring all the humor and bro hugs.

Don't forget Ultimates Thor as Aquaman! :panic:

That's going to be one awkward conversation.

Ben Affleck - "Hey, Jared. Listen, I wanted to talk to you about The Batman film."

Jared Leto - "I can't wait to work with you, man. We gonna kill it!"

Ben Affleck - " Right, yeah. I just want to go over a few things regarding the Joker."

Jared Leto - " I've got all these groovy ideas in my head. I've been thinking..."

Ben Affleck - "Could you act less retarded in my film?"

Jared Leto - "Did...you say less...retarded?"

Ben Affleck - "Yes, less Jim Carrey meets Sloth from Goonies and more like the Joker. Thanks!"

Awkward!

:lol :lol Can you imagine how insane he would act if he knew he was going to be the lead villain? I feel for any of the cast and crew that would have to deal with him filming for months on end.

He might be the first actor in a superhero movie to get a restraining order from his cast members.

You guys are being a little tough on Leto though, I gotta say. Out of everyone involved in the project, he got the short end of the stick here.

Yeah, this Joker ****ing sucks, but it isn't all his fault. Choice of music, editing, the script, character introduction, etc. is just as influential for the character than just an actor's performance and almost every one of those categories failed Leto (not to mention the other actors). That beef scene that I've been mocking for months now isn't all Leto. The jarring, tripy, jump cuts, the crazy, flashy editing and that horrible ****ing song playing in the background all taint it, not just HUNKA HUNKA. :lol

Don't believe me? These Joker introductions are all classically edited. The scenes are carefully established, the character's have a theme, their dialogue isn't **** and it isn't some crazily cut madness.

Suicide Squad? Joker's establishing scene? Leto doesn't get any of that. He's a minor side character at best. What was he supposed to do? I guess he could have agreed not to sign on to the project, but remember, the film that he was told and agreed to was probably a lot different than this awful thing that came out the other night.

Ever since it was announced that Leto was playing the Joker, I knew there was a good Joker in him. Look at the situation and how disappointed he is after all that method **** he did, 90% of his role got cut down. Unlike Nicholson or Ledger who are the film's antagonists playing against Batman, Leto is just there to establish Harley Quinn as a character and that's it. Think about it, if he wasn't as flamboyant and obnoxious in this as this cut portrays him as and he went with some subdued, low-key thing, he wouldn't even be memorable. He'd have ZERO presence and we'd all complain about that. What's any actor supposed to do with that. He had to chew up the scenery.

I'd like to see Leto come back in Affleck's solo outing, granted the script and concept is good. Imagine if Affleck never got a second chance after Daredevil because he was in a **** movie and acted "retarded".

Last edited:

Read in an article that Leto said his expanded role in Suicide Squad would probably come out if he died. The writer of the article linked his words to Ledgers [popularity after his death.

I don't think I could sit through more Leto Joker. I didn't like how he looked, talked, or laughed. His growling, or whatever it was, was annoying. Though I'd like for them to show the abusive relationship between he and Harley. People would have lost their minds about it, but I guess they could have made Harley decide for herself that she was stronger without him in the end--maybe let Deadshot give her a "You go gurl" afterward.

Pfft, the villains don't do ****. The DC ones so far are awful (Matrix programmed Zod, autistic Lex Luthor, terrible Joker and kooky Enchantress), but look at the Marvel ones especially. They're all one and dones. How awesome would that have been to have seen Red Skull, Ultron, Loki and Thanos team up? It'll never happen, they either die or their contracts expire. :lol

TEAMS UPS ARE WEAK, IT PEAKED IN 2012 WITH AVENGERS

Oh well yeah, I agree. I thought you meant this short term thing we're witnessing that seems to only have TEH JUSTICE LEAGUE in mind.

If you're talking scorched earth and scrapping this current one and starting over again (a reboot essentially), than yeah, it could be done. I don't think WB and DC have what it takes though.

So are you picking up any of the HT figures, difabio?

2yAbmQk.gif

:lol

They can't resist trying to connect them though with their little stupid references and easter eggs.

To me Suicide Squad was pretty much it's own thing. An offhand reference or two doesn't take me out of the movie anymore than the "halfway to Metropolis" line took me out of the self-contained Batman Forever. The references to Superman were establishing the theme of escalation (obviously) and of course his death needed to be addressed because if they're going to mention him by name then they need to also explain why he ISN'T showing up to stop a threat to the world. I thought it was fine. The Bruce Wayne mid-credits scene obviously had nothing to do with SS but eh, once the credits roll the movie is basically done. If they want to tease something else then fine.

I am very glad that it looks like Wonder Woman is getting her own compartmentalized "First Avenger" story though.

You fellas can keep all your solo movies, I want a connected universe, we had solo films for decades this is the era of superheroes working together, same for the villains.

If the film is bad change the director, writers and producers, leave the character relationships alone.

Yeah, in a perfect world we'd somehow get 3 or 4 decent solo movies with each character AND the crossover movies. I'm still on board with the team ups and was pretty giddy to see Spidey on screen with Cap and Iron Man for the first time ever.

So are you picking up any of the HT figures, difabio?

Nope.

I'm trying real hard to resist the regular BvS Batman with sniper rifle, Armored Bats and/or Knightmare Batman. So far it's working.

What about you.

DiFabio I went back and reread that one IM you sent me in response to my questions about the movie a little over a month ago. In it you said that you thought that Leto's Joker was the best part of the movie. Now I get that you didn't really like any of it, and that even the "best" parts would be faint praise anyway, but do you still think that Leto's part was the highlight of the film?

Nope.

I'm trying real hard to resist the regular BvS Batman with sniper rifle, Armored Bats and/or Knightmare Batman. So far it's working.

What about you.

Nope, same here :lol

I was real temped with the joker before the movie though. Never thought that they could flop so bad, glad for my wallet though.

I thought Leto was great in this scene. :chase

I dunno, first asking some random dude to kiss his hand while on the other scene, refused to shake hand? Surprised anyone hasn't thrown in the race card.

Also that sitting on another dude's lap thing is kinda weird, like in a stripper doing a lap dance or something.

still think that Leto's part was the highlight of the film?

Yup, and I hope all of his deleted scenes see the light of day, especially the R rated material. That grenade scene looked like it had potential.

I dunno, first asking some random dude to kiss his hand while on the other scene, refused to shake hand? Surprised anyone hasn't thrown in the race card.

Also that sitting on another dude's lap thing is kinda weird, like in a stripper doing a lap dance or something.

He kissed the ring. I just like how he went from serious to "friendly" in a split second. Also like his quick movement towards the guy like some kind of snake.

I thought Leto was great in this scene. :chase

his laugh is really annoying.
i dont see the joker, i just see a weird fruity thug. cannot see the joker at all

just see a methhead mob guy that's a big fan of manson
NOT the joker

7dded1912f704161b2e79139c228c5a5.jpg

:lol :lol Can you imagine how insane he would act if he knew he was going to be the lead villain? I feel for any of the cast and crew that would have to deal with him filming for months on end.

probably act like this the whole movie:

You guys are being a little tough on Leto though, I gotta say. Out of everyone involved in the project, he got the short end of the stick here.

Yeah, this Joker ****ing sucks, but it isn't all his fault. Choice of music, editing, the script, character introduction, etc. is just as influential for the character than just an actor's performance and almost every one of those categories failed Leto (not to mention the other actors). That beef scene that I've been mocking for months now isn't all Leto. The jarring, tripy, jump cuts, the crazy, flashy editing and that horrible ****ing song playing in the background all taint it, not just HUNKA HUNKA. :lol

Don't believe me? These Joker introductions are all classically edited. The scenes are carefully established, the character's have a theme, their dialogue isn't **** and it isn't some crazily cut madness.

Suicide Squad? Joker's establishing scene? Leto doesn't get any of that. He's a minor side character at best. What was he supposed to do? I guess he could have agreed not to sign on to the project, but remember, the film that he was told and agreed to was probably a lot different than this awful thing that came out the other night.

Ever since it was announced that Leto was playing the Joker, I knew there was a good Joker in him. Look at the situation and how disappointed he is after all that method **** he did, 90% of his role got cut down. Unlike Nicholson or Ledger who are the film's antagonists playing against Batman, Leto is just there to establish Harley Quinn as a character and that's it. Think about it, if he wasn't as flamboyant and obnoxious in this as this cut portrays him as and he went with some subdued, low-key thing, he wouldn't even be memorable. He'd have ZERO presence and we'd all complain about that. What's any actor supposed to do with that. He had to chew up the scenery.

I'd like to see Leto come back in Affleck's solo outing, granted the script and concept is good. Imagine if Affleck never got a second chance after Daredevil because he was in a **** movie and acted "retarded".

who came up with that retarded look? wasnt all of it Leto's idea?
he could tone down the acting.... but that ridiculous look.... how are they going to fix that?

Saw this today...

A couple of fun moments but overall a terrible, terrible movie. The 9 year olds next to me seemed to really enjoy it, and were dancing in their chairs with each new soundtrack song, though they did get bored in the middle and started throwing candy at each other. I saw a tween excitedly live blog a review on the way out. Maybe it was smart afterall to market this movie to that crowd.

Back