David Ayer's Academy Award winning "Suicide Squad"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC's "Suicide Squad" (August 5th, 2016)

You guys are being a little tough on Leto though, I gotta say. Out of everyone involved in the project, he got the short end of the stick here.

Yeah, this Joker ****ing sucks, but it isn't all his fault. Choice of music, editing, the script, character introduction, etc. is just as influential for the character than just an actor's performance and almost every one of those categories failed Leto (not to mention the other actors). That beef scene that I've been mocking for months now isn't all Leto. The jarring, tripy, jump cuts, the crazy, flashy editing and that horrible ****ing song playing in the background all taint it, not just HUNKA HUNKA. :lol

Don't believe me? These Joker introductions are all classically edited. The scenes are carefully established, the character's have a theme, their dialogue isn't **** and it isn't some crazily cut madness.

Ledger was good but I'll always default back to Jack. That's Joker for me.

I went for Margot and Will. Enjoyed hem both and most of the squad but plot and joker were disappointing. Batman flashbacks were cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw this today...

The 9 year olds next to me seemed to really enjoy it, and were dancing in their chairs with each new soundtrack song, though they did get bored in the middle and started throwing candy at each other.

4npqQjJ.png
DTArWkY.jpg

I saw a tween excitedly live blog a review on the way out.

rPC65mm.png

n0VZY8X.gif

:monkey3 :chase

Yeah well Superman was taken down by ONE human so I win. :lecture

:pfft:

I think it limits creative freedom when wanting to tell stories. Also the big team up movies aren't interesting to me because they're just spectacles to get a lot of asses in the seats. I prefer the smaller scale intimate stories focusing on a smaller cast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Read in an article that Leto said his expanded role in Suicide Squad would probably come out if he died. The writer of the article linked his words to Ledgers [popularity after his death.

I thought Leto was great in this scene. :chase

:lol :lol Can you imagine how insane he would act if he knew he was going to be the lead villain? I feel for any of the cast and crew that would have to deal with him filming for months on end.

You guys are being a little tough on Leto though, I gotta say. Out of everyone involved in the project, he got the short end of the stick here.

Yeah, this Joker ****ing sucks, but it isn't all his fault. Choice of music, editing, the script, character introduction, etc. is just as influential for the character than just an actor's performance and almost every one of those categories failed Leto (not to mention the other actors). That beef scene that I've been mocking for months now isn't all Leto. The jarring, tripy, jump cuts, the crazy, flashy editing and that horrible ****ing song playing in the background all taint it, not just HUNKA HUNKA. :lol

Don't believe me? These Joker introductions are all classically edited. The scenes are carefully established, the character's have a theme, their dialogue isn't **** and it isn't some crazily cut madness.

Suicide Squad? Joker's establishing scene? Leto doesn't get any of that. He's a minor side character at best. What was he supposed to do? I guess he could have agreed not to sign on to the project, but remember, the film that he was told and agreed to was probably a lot different than this awful thing that came out the other night.

Ever since it was announced that Leto was playing the Joker, I knew there was a good Joker in him. Look at the situation and how disappointed he is after all that method **** he did, 90% of his role got cut down. Unlike Nicholson or Ledger who are the film's antagonists playing against Batman, Leto is just there to establish Harley Quinn as a character and that's it. Think about it, if he wasn't as flamboyant and obnoxious in this as this cut portrays him as and he went with some subdued, low-key thing, he wouldn't even be memorable. He'd have ZERO presence and we'd all complain about that. What's any actor supposed to do with that. He had to chew up the scenery.

I'd like to see Leto come back in Affleck's solo outing, granted the script and concept is good. Imagine if Affleck never got a second chance after Daredevil because he was in a **** movie and acted "retarded".

:rotfl:rotfl:lol:lol

Why do you try so hard to detach yourself from this wonderful generation Prince? Does it haunt you that much?

Accept your true nature, join crows and I, we'll be the perfect millennial triumvirate.

There is something definitely wrong when there is such a divide between the critics and general movie audience how can the scores be so vastly different .

I went in to this thinking it would suck came away very entertained , it's a though we were watching another movie

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

I just came back from watching it a third time and liked it even more. The ticket person even gave me a cool Harley Quinn poster for seeing it.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I just came back from watching it a third time and liked it even more. The ticket person even gave me a cool Harley Quinn poster for seeing it.

Spoiler Spoiler:

what does the poster look like

I think it's about 12" by 24"? You can also give Costco the design and they can print one in a specific size you'd like.

do you know what they charge for a poster? like a regular size poster?

whats a good resolution for a movie theater poster ?

I wanted to get a poster of a picture i have of Alien vs predator but dont know how

Just back from seeing Suicide Squad, and I had a ****ing blast!! No clue why critics are trailing this through the dirt, I can moan about the many problems of Batman v Superman all day long, rant about why I truly hate Iron Man 3, but Suicide Squad was a very fun and enjoyable film. Possibly a few small editing/paceing issues, but nothing major. A film made by a fan for the fans, just as David Ayer said. Jarred Leto is an amazing Joker, you really have no clue if he's going to kiss you or kill you, and his creepy little laughs are chilling. Loved getting to see the Harley/Joker dynamic and story play out. I really can't find anything bad to say other than I'd of liked more Joker and more Captain Boomerang, I do love Captain Boomerang. I advise everyone to go see this film, multiple times if possible so as Warners Bros shut the **** up and let DC make their movies without Warner Bros breathing down DC's neck and meddling. Not to compare it to Marvel but, this is like Guardians of the Galaxy, a fan making a film they enjoy so fans and new comers alike can enjoy it. I personally loved having interesting villains in a film that wasn't Loki, sorry Marvel but your doing a ****** job with you villains that aren't in a Netflix series. The villains get backstories, development and yes some are more fleshed out than others but everyone still brings something to the group. Bring on a second Task Force X outing and roll on Wonder Woman. You can do this DC, build your world and continue to make it crazy. The New Gods are going blow people's minds come Justice League!!

After writing this I came across a list of the sevens that didn't make the final cut and scenes that got changed. Most of us will be able to tell what got cut as its in the trailers. One scene in particular was cut even though it was the first set photo that got out. The scen was Harley pre acid vat holding a gun to Joker before he back hands her and then they kiss. People are talking about the fact that Joker loves Harely in the theatrical cut and it was nice to see, but the original intent was for the classic abusive relationship. Plus they had more backstory for Killer Croc and a little more Captain Boomerang. Joker did have the most cut and that changed the tone of the film from dark to fun, which is what Warner Bros wanted after all the complaints about BvS being too dark.

I'm getting a Harley, maybe Hot Toys will make other versions, but I'm sweet with the one on pre order ATM. And I have rewards points waiting for the silver jacket Joker. Only other figure I'd get would be a Captain Boomerang, but I can't see that happening.

I saw it today, don't know why the critics are riding it so hard. Sure, there's nothing new about the story (Dirty Dozen in DC universe), but it's fun enough, and I certainly didn't feel bored. My only nitpicks would be some of the music seemed a bit "choppy", and I dunno about Leto Joker. Sure, he's mad, but I really enjoyed the sense of cold, calculating insanity of Ledger Joker, so I kind of miss that.

Back