David Ayer's Academy Award winning "Suicide Squad"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC's "Suicide Squad" (August 5th, 2016)

Oh I hate the purists :lol

They ruined my damn horror F4 film.
Oh I know, I finally watched it the other day, the 1st act was actually pretty good.

Then, you know what happened, I found myself fast forwarding most of the 2nd and 3rd act... Although Doom popping everyone's heads was a cool little scene.

But overall terrible, it's so obvious Trank was royally ****ed over.

Enchantress choosing to let her guard down doesn't mean she isn't capable of using her full power to possess or destroy Harley, Superman, or whoever else which is what we were discussing. You said she just wasn't capable. She was. Yeah her own agenda posed a critical flaw at a very specific time but that is beside the point.

She also chose to fight with H2H combat against humans. There is not a single feat that suggests she can hurt or kill Sups. Not to mention, we don't know if movie Superman is vulnerable to magic. So you are assuming that he is because sometimes he is in the comics...but like you said before, those comics have nothing to do with the movies.

aKCpS7K.gif

You're really going full tilt with the hair splitting aren't you? How much time are you devoting to digging up these panels where Cap may or may not be blowing up airplanes in whatever random flashback? I can do the same with many more panels where he just punches out his WWII opponents as that was always his preference by far. Post war he killed one, maybe two guys *total?* And *that's* your counterpoint to my contention that him slaughtering bad guys by the dozens in the post-war MCU, with no regret whatsoever, is a reintrepretation of the moral code of Lee/Steranko/Byrne/Gruenwald/Waid Cap? I get it, you like comics and want to prove me wrong. But I know a thing or two about Cap having actually read his comics for those decades and you trying to put me in my place or whatever you're doing here seems kind of silly to me.

We disagree on how these heroes have been handled on screen vs. their comic book counterparts. No big. The end.

does this mean the cartoon movie is BETTER? and has a more cohesive and more rational story???

does the cartoon movie beat this one?

By far in my opinion. If only they swapped out boring Deadshot for Will Smith Deadshot and animated movie would have been perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She also chose to fight with H2H combat against humans. There is not a single feat that suggests she can hurt or kill Sups.

She assumes spirit form and flies into June's mouth and takes over her soul. I'd say that's a pretty good indicator.

Not to mention, we don't know if movie Superman is vulnerable to magic. So you are assuming that he is because sometimes he is in the comics...but like you said before, those comics have nothing to do with the movies.

True, but as far as where Waller would be coming from I'd say that she had fair reason to believe that of all known assets that Enchantress would have the best shot. They wouldn't know until the moment finally came of course but enlisting the witch seemed prudent from her point of view.

does this mean the cartoon movie is BETTER? and has a more cohesive and more rational story???

does the cartoon movie beat this one?
Oh, you haven't seen it? It's awesome man.

But don't watch it right now, keep your expectations low, watch after you see this one :lol All Assault on Arkham is gonna do is raise your expectations :lol

Oh come on. There was that ONE guy and Baron Blood, do we really have to go there? :nono And just look at his reaction. Not exactly "Russo-esque."

Yea that comic strip he posted actually proved your point :lol

Oh I know, I finally watched it the other day, the 1st act was actually pretty good.

Then, you know what happened, I found myself fast forwarding most of the 2nd and 3rd act... Although Doom popping everyone's heads was a cool little scene.

But overall terrible, it's so obvious Trank was royally ****ed over.

Doom exploding heads was awesome and you know they kept it in there because of that. Then in the final battle he'd rather fight hand to hand instead of blowing everyone's heads up. Actually Skwad ending is extremely similar.

Oh, you haven't seen it? It's awesome man.

But don't watch it right now, keep your expectations low, watch after you see this one :lol All Assault on Arkham is gonna do is raise your expectations :lol

i saw Assault on Arkham and i liked it a lot.

i knew this was going to be different but now it feels like a smaller budget cartoon beat a hundred million big studio blockbuster :lol

Doom exploding heads was awesome and you know they kept it in there because of that. Then in the final battle he'd rather fight hand to hand instead of blowing everyone's heads up. Actually Skwad ending is extremely similar.
Oh man, I wonder if we'll ever see an Director's Cut of that one. I feel like they had a good movie there and in a panic they pulled plug, just like this one.

But they, after that Fox had Deadpool, which was bad but was a hit with the masses, maybe WW will be WB's hit. Although I can't say I care anymore :lol I just hope Snyder can finish JL with dignity, so I can have my Snyderverse trilogy and ignore everything else that came in between.

She flies into June's mouth and takes over her soul. I'd say that's a pretty good indicator.

She chose a body and became one with that body. It's not like she can jump from body to body when she feels like it. She didn't do it against the squad.

The way I look at it, she was taken down by a team of mostly humans. They were able to survive against her, so Sups who can take a nuclear bomb to the face, breath in space, and beat death itself should have no problems stopping the witch.

DC's "Suicide Squad" (August 5th, 2016)

Oh man, I wonder if we'll ever see an Director's Cut of that one. I feel like they had a good movie there and in a panic they pulled plug, just like this one.

But they, after that Fox had Deadpool, which was bad but was a hit with the masses, maybe WW will be WB's hit. Although I can't say I care anymore :lol I just hope Snyder can finish JL with dignity, so I can have my Snyderverse trilogy and ignore everything else that came in between.

I can't see WB totally rebooting, it would be too much work, and they'd have to start from scratch. If anything they might pull a Star Trek or DOFP to create some alternate universe that's more fan friendly. Snyder getting to direct 3 movies is more than most directors get the chance to do so you're pretty lucky.

You know, looking at these discussions we're having, this is why I kind of wish these DC films never branched out into connected universes. It just feels half assed. After Justice League, I hope they go back to solo movies.

Flash by himself has so much potential. Batman and his world could be so much more than what Burton and Nolan barely scratched the surface with their interpretations. There could be a modern Superman movie that goes beyond what Bryan Singer and Zach Snuder had to offer.

I like that Wonder Woman is getting this treatment. Hopefully it's a straight forward story that doesn't have all this "world building" crap thrown on it like BvS and Suicide Squad.

Just got back and I have only one thing to say $׀\= the critics.

I gave only one rule , was u entertained and you bet I was.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

You're really going full tilt with the hair splitting aren't you? How much time are you devoting to digging up these panels where Cap may or may not be blowing up airplanes in whatever random flashback? I can do the same with many more panels where he just punches out his WWII opponents as that was always his preference by far. Post war he killed one, maybe two guys *total?* And *that's* your counterpoint to my contention that him slaughtering bad guys by the dozens in the post-war MCU, with no regret whatsoever, is a reintrepretation of the moral code of Lee/Steranko/Byrne/Gruenwald/Waid Cap? I get it, you like comics and want to prove me wrong. But I know a thing or two about Cap having actually read his comics for those decades and you trying to put me in my place or whatever you're doing here seems kind of silly to me.

We disagree on how these heroes have been handled on screen vs. their comic book counterparts. No big. The end.

I guess since you're done talking about it then the conversation is over. Good job. Talk about putting someone in their place. No big. DC is nailing it with their films--characters, story, effects--nailing it. Got it. Much like the BvS thread, I can't wait to read your next 300 posts giving accolades to this film. They're obviously well-deserved. Be sure to let me know how many times you watch this one. Riveting stuff from a true fan.

You know, looking at these discussions we're having, this is why I kind of wish these DC films never branched out into connected universes. It just feels half assed. After Justice League, I hope they go back to solo movies.

Flash by himself has so much potential. Batman and his world could be so much more than what Burton and Nolan barely scratched the surface with their interpretations. There could be a modern Superman movie that goes beyond what Bryan Singer and Zach Snuder had to offer.

I like that Wonder Woman is getting this treatment. Hopefully it's a straight forward story that doesn't have all this "world building" crap thrown on it like BvS and Suicide Squad.

This is what I've been saying. Most 3rd films in a trilogy tend to be the worst because directors have to abide by their own rules they set in their own universe and most of the time they want to try something new. With this whole universe thing, it's far worse, now directors have to make a movie that's in the studios vision and the previous directors, while also trying to add their on spin on it.

Back