David Ayer's Academy Award winning "Suicide Squad"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC's "Suicide Squad" (August 5th, 2016)

It's still applies with an all powerful Witch goddess though Khev. It's stupid with Superman and it's stupid with her.

But they weren't really supposed to "fight" the witch goddess. All they were instructed to do was keep Rick Flag alive long enough to hopefully allow him to talk Waller's primary asset into rejoining the gang. That was my take on it anyway. I'm not saying that a more street level threat wouldn't have been better but I do think there was some cleverness in how they came up with an excuse for the team to face another "Avengers" type threat.

It's still applies with an all powerful Witch goddess though Khev. It's stupid with Superman and it's stupid with her. Everyone's suggestions from an Arkham raid to a Middle East or dictator conflict for the Suicide Squad to tackle is much better.

The threat should have been smaller for acrobat girl, gunman, Boomerrang guy, the human torch, gator dude and sword lady.

does this mean the cartoon movie is BETTER? and has a more cohesive and more rational story???

does the cartoon movie beat this one?

Read on a review something to the affect that Joker was more like ScarFace than Joker.....

This I Agree with. The whole physically abusive crap was totally out of character, not to mention urinating on her? That would have been just plain stupid...
Joker's hold on Harley was psychological....not physical.

Will Smith was a good Deadshot, but as others have said, he was WAy to likeable, and were most of the SS SQWAD.... The should have never been portrayed as anti-heroes.....give them a read decent bad guy to go up against, and just make them more bad ass and mean than them. This is the movies biggest failure.

MEDIOCRE!!!
200.gif

Captain America did kill in the war in the older comics. Him killing isn't a modern reinvention. You need to read more for research.

vxjVN.jpg

UVXqQ.jpg

Oh come on. There was that ONE guy and Baron Blood, do we really have to go there? :nono And just look at his reaction. Not exactly "Russo-esque."

does this mean the cartoon movie is BETTER? and has a more cohesive and more rational story???

does the cartoon movie beat this one?

Yes, it's not great and I wasn't a fan of that Joker...but that version is like TDK compared to SS. Even the Joker is amazing by comparison.

Read on a review something to the affect that Joker was more like ScarFace than Joker.....

This I Agree with. The whole physically abusive crap was totally out of character, not to mention urinating on her? That would have been just plain stupid...

Not out of character for Joker to hit and beat Harley...he does that often actually. I'm not a fan of the Harley/Joker relationship, but he does abuse her physically sometimes.

Superman is vulnerable to magic though, right? Couldn't Enchantress have hurt him somehow if she hadn't tried to destroy the world?

Forget Batman not killing, using weapons or apprehending a criminal in front of his kid.

You know what would improve and humanize his character? If he had an even better moral authority and, instead of dressing up like a psycho in a Bat Halloween costume to beat the snot out of and cripple the criminals in his deranged war on crime, he merely remained as Bruce Wayne and funneled his fortune into programs that fought crime and corruption.

Where would be the fun in that though?

aiKE0u6.gif

Will Smith gonna Will Smith. I've read all the Suicide Squad comics and Deadshot has never told someone to "white people" anything and doesn't crack jokes. I guarantee the role was written to bring out as much Will Smith as possible and people are eating it up.

Exactly. Like the Flyod we know is going to tell Waller her actions are gangster. Please.

Forget Batman not killing, using weapons or apprehending a criminal in front of his kid.

You know what would improve and humanize his character? If he had an even better moral authority and, instead of dressing up like a psycho in a Bat Halloween costume to beat the snot out of and cripple the criminals in his deranged war on crime, he merely remained as Bruce Wayne and funneled money into anti-crime programs.

That would definitely "make more sense."

No, no more vulnerable than a chick with a bat :lol Probably less vulnerable actually.

Enchantress choosing to let her guard down doesn't mean she isn't capable of using her full power to possess or destroy Harley, Superman, or whoever else which is what we were discussing. You said she just wasn't capable. She was, and Waller knew it. Yeah her own agenda posed a critical flaw at a very specific moment but that is beside the point.

I love Deadshot from Gail Simone's Secret Six and my Deadshot is definitely a wide ass and not cold blooded. He is very loyal and feels close enough to the character is screen. I enjoyed the performance

Then make him a soft marshmallow in a Secret Six movie. In ALL of the Suicide Squad comics I've read with Deadshot, he was a psychopath with a death wish. I LOVE Ostrander's take on Deadshot and was really hoping this movie would stay true to it. It wasn't even close besides the gun play.

Oh I'm not holding anything against said purists, it's a fair criticism if they don't have what they consider to be the best version of a character, maybe Deadshot IS as interesting as they say, but I doubt I'll ever find out cause there's much to keep up with for me to care about Deadshot :lol

Oh I hate the purists :lol

They ruined my damn horror F4 film.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh come on. There was that ONE guy and Baron Blood, do we really have to go there? :nono And just look at his reaction. Not exactly "Russo-esque."

aKCpS7K.gif

He did what had to be done because it was war and he's a soldier. He killed soldiers in planes, blew them up in machine gun nests, shot terrorists, and yes, killed Baron Blood.

capkillswwii6.jpg

The whole physically abusive crap was totally out of character,
No it isn't.

not to mention urinating on her? That would have been just plain stupid...
Not it wouldn't be, you know what would be stupid? The Joker actually loving Harley.

It's both, he constantly abuses her, backhanding her, chaining her like a dog in a dungeon for days, even shooting her.

Back