David Ayer's Academy Award winning "Suicide Squad"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC's Suicide Squad movie

OOooh I thought they were not related and Jared was just paying homage to the Killing Joke, but I just revisited the tweet, #WhereIsJared, sigh.
Well that puts things in perspective, I hate new Deathstroke.

leave me in peace in my blind desperation
I hate new Deathstroke.

iTBuskfBR81CT.gif

So is Leto playing Greg Capullo's version of the Joker?

We speculate he will have that visual style, but apparently he'll be something closer to the Dark Knight Returns as well.

But speculation in this joint means NOTHING I tell you, NOTHING.

So is Leto playing Greg Capullo's version of the Joker?

They haven't said specifically but the rumors seem to show that he is playing more the TDKR version from good ol' Frank Miller. I would imagine that anything that Capullo and Snyder are doing right now is being sprinkled on but nothing more. The last time they took something straight out of a current book from a current writer was letting Geoff Johns retool the Green Lantern script and we saw how that turned out.

They haven't said specifically but the rumors seem to show that he is playing more the TDKR version from good ol' Frank Miller. I would imagine that anything that Capullo and Snyder are doing right now is being sprinkled on but nothing more. The last time they took something straight out of a current book from a current writer was letting Geoff Johns retool the Green Lantern script and we saw how that turned out.

Good point each person is good in their owm medium, although Geoff Johns run was incredible on green lantern bringing something to big screen in something all to its own as was the case with green lantern . Although I wanted to be sucessfully they really need to either put out something of caliber or not but out anything at all since the investment is great and the competition is strong and the public have an certain expectation now know that it has been done and can be done.

I don't think we will ever see the like of those first generation comic book movies ghost rider, punisher, blade 2 and 3 daredevil all that first genration comic book movies that is over.

Eeeeh, whatever.

If he's a good actor, sounds scary and he wears his mask the whole time I guess it's ok.

Manganiello though.... sigh.

yeah thats not a good choice :dunno not that he wasnt good on True Blood but he's not right for Deathstroke

Yeah, totally the wrong age for Deathstroke.* But Snyderverse is doing its own thing entirely, like some weird Elseworlds comics where you barely recognize the characters, so. . .as with everything else here, I'll try to divorce myself from the comics altogether and just view this as an over-the-top action movie, and hopefully it will succeed on those merits.

*and he has terrible taste in music to boot!

Same, I just want an entertaining movie with cool characters.

Back