David Ayer's Academy Award winning "Suicide Squad"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC's Suicide Squad movie

Looks like Suicide Squad and Deadpool are shaping up to be awesome changes of pace from the superhero movies we've been/will be getting.

I was saying this about GotG, which ended up being the same old candy with a new flavor.

But GotG was basically made by Disney... WB and Fox have shown they don't mind the more adult themes/tones unlike the mouse.

And both are now trying to mimic Marvel's succes by making everything more comicbooky, which can lead to making the same kind of movies overall. Dark or not, it doesn't matter - TWS had adult tone and themes where and when needed.

With Deadpool it's gonna be pretty generic origin story with a vengence, that's ok.
Now Suicide Squad has no right to be generic or antiheroic.

Yeah, if that's true I hate it too.

Apparently El Mayimbe is a terrible source and reportedly Manganiello is still up for DS.

Photo from the first cast read through. Nothing exciting, but here it is.

suicide.jpg

https://twitter.com/DavidAyerMovies/status/585961520955203584/photo/1

They cast Deathstroke and Strange as younger than I would have expected, and neither screams those characters based on looks, but if they can act the part, then it doesn't matter so much. But in the comics, one of Deathstroke's primary qualities is his age and extensive experience. His fully grown sons played a key role in several of his earliest story arcs.

Yup, that's why I'm thinking it's just a rumor, that El Mayimbe dude seems to throw all sorts of random stuff and something eventually sticks.

Ah, I thought the rumor came before the casting picture, but now that it's the other way around I'm more skeptical. I wouldn't put it past them to make such a drastic change, but at that point I wonder why even bother using the character. If he's a young whipper snapper, then there are dozens of other characters you could choose from with great fighting abilities and tactical skills. Like Prometheus.

Hey, is this the first movie where the villains are shone before the heroes? I know Batman will be in theaters next year, but characters like boomerang are usually shown along with their nemesis. So with him in the movie there is an implication that the flash is running around somewhere.

Hey, is this the first movie where the villains are shone before the heroes? I know Batman will be in theaters next year, but characters like boomerang are usually shown along with their nemesis. So with him in the movie there is an implication that the flash is running around somewhere.

I'd say it's an alternate to an origin film. I'd imagine when the Flash comes out, we can actually get right into the action and avoid a Green Lantern scenario.

Back