Daredevil Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
most of the image i get for daredevil pose are crouching , standing and look mean they all look like batman pose but DD with hand stand pose (have batman do hand stand =D).

hope there will be PF with cool pose.

Sorry for bumping this old thread.

Do you guys think DD is worth its retail price nowadays? I do not mind the slightly undersized scale as I would display it solo.

Went through a large portion of the posts and seems like the people who have it are quite happy with it. Are you still pleased with him?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I personally love this statue. The details and the base is awesome. Its not because i'm a die hard DD fan but the statue speaks for itself. Some harp on scale but yes, if it was 1/4 scale it would fit in better with other PF's. Its a stand out piece that depicts the essence of DD.

Sorry for bumping this old thread.

Do you guys think DD is worth its retail price nowadays? I do not mind the slightly undersized scale as I would display it solo.

Went through a large portion of the posts and seems like the people who have it are quite happy with it. Are you still pleased with him?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

If scale is not an issue for you, this is an incredible looking statue. The details on this piece are fantastic. The stitching on his costume, the base, the details in his muscles, and switch out EX parts make this a great DD statue. I've had mine since it was released and love it. However, if you have mainly 1/4 pieces in your collection, you may want to wait for the eventual PF that sideshow will get around to releasing. The DD Com looks even slightly smaller than 1/5 scale. The only other complaint is how hard he is to put on the base. I had a hard time connecting him to the base. It can be very frustrating and requires A LOT of patience.

Well, that's it. The good and the bad of the DD Com. If you can get past some of the negative issues of scale and difficulty of placing him on the base, he is a great looking sculpt with nice paint apps.

If scale is not an issue for you, this is an incredible looking statue. The details on this piece are fantastic. The stitching on his costume, the base, the details in his muscles, and switch out EX parts make this a great DD statue. I've had mine since it was released and love it. However, if you have mainly 1/4 pieces in your collection, you may want to wait for the eventual PF that sideshow will get around to releasing. The DD Com looks even slightly smaller than 1/5 scale. The only other complaint is how hard he is to put on the base. I had a hard time connecting him to the base. It can be very frustrating and requires A LOT of patience.

Well, that's it. The good and the bad of the DD Com. If you can get past some of the negative issues of scale and difficulty of placing him on the base, he is a great looking sculpt with nice paint apps.

This is the only reason why I never went for this. Everything I have & getting is 1/4

I cant wait for the PF

A gem of a statue imo. Regardless of scale, this is masterwork, with great pose, details, sculpt & paint. One of the most underrated & overlooked statues.

This is the only reason why I never went for this. Everything I have & getting is 1/4

I cant wait for the PF

I can totally understand that. I LOVE fully sculpted pieces. Unfortunately, for the longest time, sideshow released all of their fully sculpted pieces in 1/5 scale. Only recently has SSC started releasing more 1/4 fully sculpted pieces. They seem to be moving away from releasing 1/5 Coms and are focused more on 1/4 scale pieces. This is a good thing in my book. I was a frustrated SSC collector for a long time. I generally don't like cloth on my statues and love 1/4 scale pieces. A true 1/4 scale fully sculpted statue from SSC was a very rare bird. I was always pissed that SSC seemed to ignore that market in order to push their Coms.

The reason I bring all this up is because now we seem to have options. Since SSC is now making fully sculpted 1/4 statues more frequently. Peeps may want to avoid picking up any more Coms for their collection. It's a dead scale. SSC basically acknowledged as much when they started making fully sculpted PFs. Anyone that picks up a Com now should do so knowing that it will look awkward in your display case eventually because SSC is moving away from 1/5 pieces and focusing more on 1/4 scale statues. When you are forced to display them together, you can't help but notice the difference.

For this reason I hope egel truly understands the DD Com will have to be a stand alone piece. He certainly won't mix well with any 1/4 statue even though I think it is a great looking statue.

A gem of a statue imo. Regardless of scale, this is masterwork, with great pose, details, sculpt & paint. One of the most underrated & overlooked statues.

:goodpost::exactly: I love this statue! The base alone is worth the price! If your worried about him looking awkward amongst 1/4s place him higher up in a corner or something, that's what I did and he looks awesome.

I mean how can you look at this thing and not be blown away!?

img3159be.jpg

img3168qn.jpg

img3175z.jpg

img3180v.jpg

img3183k.jpg

Plus I think a mixed and varied collection is far more interesting to look at!

Very cool piece. The Base is fantastic. My only issue is due to the pose you have to have this piece up on a higher shelf. Otherwise you can't see his face and the overall effect of the statue is lost. Really the higher the better with this statue.

Agreed, brothers! Still rockin' mine and diggin' every moment. Gorgeous chunk o polystone here! :rock

Barbarian, where have you been man? Hoping all is well, but we are sorely missing you kick-arse pics! Was sure you'd be postin for Rhino, seeing he is one huge raging junk of mean. Anyhow, good to see you're still kickin.:wave

Did anyone know what should I do with my DD statue that the hole on the base is not match to the body? I can't display him in anyway.

Did anyone know what should I do with my DD statue that the hole on the base is not match to the body? I can't display him in anyway.

This piece is very difficult to put on his base. I had to try for almost a half hour before I got him on the base. The biggest problem is his thumb. It can snap off very easily if you apply too much pressure at the wrong angle. I actually had success when I turned him and the base backwards. I couldn't put him in when I was facing the statue and base from the front. The viewing angle is better from the back of the base. Once you can angle the pegs up just try and ease him on to the base slowly. Try checking youtube to see if there's a video with him being placed on the base. Good luck.

Barbarian, where have you been man? Hoping all is well, but we are sorely missing you kick-arse pics! Was sure you'd be postin for Rhino, seeing he is one huge raging junk of mean. Anyhow, good to see you're still kickin.:wave
Yo, DeevBro! I hain't been a'comin' round too much, I know. All is well. Been extremely busy at work. My Kung Fu has suffered greatly because of this. I haven't been taking too many pictures since moving to Vegas. Been meanin' to. Just haven't taken the time to make it happen. There isn't really a great place in my new pad to take pics with natural lighting link I used to have. Thanks for the kind words, brother. Always great to read you. Hope all is well with you too. :1-1:

This piece is very difficult to put on his base. I had to try for almost a half hour before I got him on the base. The biggest problem is his thumb. It can snap off very easily if you apply too much pressure at the wrong angle. I actually had success when I turned him and the base backwards. I couldn't put him in when I was facing the statue and base from the front. The viewing angle is better from the back of the base. Once you can angle the pegs up just try and ease him on to the base slowly. Try checking youtube to see if there's a video with him being placed on the base. Good luck.
I must have gotten lucky. Mine was pretty easy to assemble. Not tryin' to rub in in. :)

Thanks, I don't think my is working, it's Definely don't fit, I am thinking making another hole to fit but maybe is a risk.

Back