Daredevil Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's true. The jammy jams on Wolvie and Sabes ruined them and I never really liked Cykes much as a character. Always thought he was a whiny little arrogant rich boy with boring powers. :D

There is so much wrong in this statement. :monkey2

Next you're going to tell us is there no such thing as Santa.

No Bro. I'm passing on the X-MEN PFs. The only one I like is Gambit. I really don't care for PFs that much. All the cloth just drives me nuts. I'm not feeling the rest of the X-men PFs either. Don't like the pose or the EX head on Cyke. Cloth just Kills the Wolvie and Sabretooth PFs IMHO.
As for Rogue, I really dig my AH! Rogue comiquette. I have all the X-Babes in the AH! line. Those are good enough for me.

IMHO also. No Cyke, Wolvie or Sabes in my collection. I am getting the Rogue though since her costume is fully sculpted except the jacket, which I am hoping is removable.

Passing on Wolvie and Sabes wasn't easy, but I just couldn't bring myself to buy them with the cloth they implemented. I tried really hard to like it even a little, but I just couldn't do it.

Once again, I agree completely. The purely sculpted format is way superior in every way to anything PF, (excluding LOTR Berserker PF, which is a masterpiece, yes, including loincloth). And as purely polystone catches on, & collectors see the light, the PF will fall/fail, & I predict Sideshow will eventually drop this line, or at the very least radically change their methods of representing the costuming. They have already started this process by incorporating less fabrics & more polystone, which is the right way to go. Now, if they can only improve on the sculptural qualities of the PF?

Now, if they can only improve on the sculptural qualities of the PF?

HulkPF2.jpg

1_Thor.jpg

Invalid3.jpg

Thanks for proving the point, Brother xYx! Can you imagine how much better those dollies would be with sculpted clothing? I mean, c'mon! :D
There are different opinions on the PFs for certain. This has been a debate since the very first one. Some folks prefer the format, some folks don't.

The Hulk PF is perfect as is. The Hulk comiquette has molded pants and looks great too (although he can't moon non-elites like Hulk PF can).

The Thor PF is a great piece too, but I think I would have preferred a polystone body with a fabric cape (like the Black Panther PF). I suppose it is highly likely that the movie Thor PF that is in development will have a molded body due to the complexity of the armor and a fabric cape so I'll get to see if that looks better than the PF.

It all comes down to our own preferences.
I do admit that Sideshow does have some misses on the PF line but they also have done some wonderful stuff, with that being said I respect your choice & opinion. :wink1::wave

It all comes down to our own preferences.
I do admit that Sideshow does have some misses on the PF line but they also have done some wonderful stuff, with that being said I respect my choice & opinion. :wink1::wave

Fixed it for you. :wink1:

I agree with you though. I tend to favor the PF line because they look a little more "realistic" rather than the more "cartoony" look of a comiquette. It also depends on the character. The comiquette is the only way to go for characters like Spidey, Venom, Carnage, Silver Surfer, etc.

I think the recent trend that Sideshow has started with the PF line by having removable capes/jackets, etc might satisfy both camps. I think the Gambit, Cyclops, Rogue and Black Panther PFs all look awesome (this is for Barbarian :pfft:) and all can be considered comiquettes too since the jackets/capes are removable.

Since they go both ways, maybe Sideshow will rename the line the bi line?:monkey1

They all look like 1:1 scale to me. :D

I get it. I keep my 1:4 scale separate from 1:5 scale pieces. Separate, but equal.

:rotfl:thud:

I think it's fine with my collecting style as long as it's a whole line but whenever you mix and match PF's and Com's mainly the Com's coming out in 1/4 scale and then back down to 1/5 scale that's where I'm like :mad: get with the picture Sideshow and choose a scale dammit.

I don't want 1/4 Com's next to 1/5 Com's and then 1/3rd Com's.

If they are 1/6 action figures then it's a whole line of action figures, they are all 12" and if not then you can do body swaps and mods to change them accordingly.

3 3/4 figures (GI JOE, ie), there's no 7" in the line to derail what the line scale is all about.

and it goes on so on and so on for everything else I collect. If it's a 1:1, they all should be 1:1 or at least the same size in comparison to having them all lined up on a shelf.

^^^

Agreed. Sideshow needs to standardize their comiquette line a little better. One of their biggest f'ups on this line was the 1/5 scale Hobgoblin. Why??? All other Spidey pieces are 1/4 scale.

Back