Daredevil Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will buy this, but I must say the base is much better than dd himself...kind of a shame they didn't go with something more dynamic, or even just a museum pose. either would be better.

I am convinced the exclusive will be a print but would love to be proven wrong - maybe his original costume?

for those who can't wait, cool 1/4 scale customs are available on ebay :)

Sculpt does look good.

1/5 scale will be an dumb move since Spiderman is 1/4 scale.

A print exclusive will be another silly crappy decision. How much wall space do you think we have. If we want a dumb print we would go buy a printer.

I really do like the tombstone base, but will need some more angles of DD to be convinced to buy.
The DD sculpt only needs to be around 10 inches in that pose to be 1/4 scale, but with that base looking like it is 60% of the whole display it looks likely it will be 1/5. So SS loses a sale from me...

I'm really liking this one especially the base. He should be around 24" I would think if he's 1/5 maybe even taller. Bullseye is 17" and it looks as if the base is around that height.

If it's not in scale with Elektra I'll be disappointed, but then this statue would have to be twice as tall to pull that off.

I will buy this, but I must say the base is much better than dd himself...kind of a shame they didn't go with something more dynamic, or even just a museum pose. either would be better.
I agree that the base looks much better than DD. Unfortunately, that may be a deal breaker for me.

A cool piece for sure, doesnt have any "wow" factor...but a must for daredevil fans. Luckily I am not a fan of the character, so I can save my money.

I wonder what the full reveal could possibly be...doesnt look like they are hiding much here.

"Buy this gothic graveyard diorama setting and get a FREE polystone Daredevil statue!!!"

Seriously the base looks awesome, but if its 1/4 or even 1/5 scale the price is probably going to be steep due to the amount of polystone used for the base.

Also, the placement of DD's right hand is bothering the heck out of me. The original sketch pose was much better overall.

I was really looking forward to this DD but I'd rather SS go with a smaller or simpler base and give us a 1/4 DD. It reminds me of my Bowen DD. Every time I look at my Bowen DD I see the gargolye first then DD. The focus should be on the statue. Even with the Spiderman comiquette where the he comes with an awesome base, I can see spidey was still the focus.

"Buy this gothic graveyard diorama setting and get a FREE polystone Daredevil statue!!!"

Seriously the base looks awesome, but if its 1/4 or even 1/5 scale the price is probably going to be steep due to the amount of polystone used for the base.

Also, the placement of DD's right hand is bothering the heck out of me. The original sketch pose was much better overall.

I actually thought I was being nitpicky so I didn't say anything LOL.
Yeah his hand is lazily rested against the base, whereas the concept art, the wrist is bent and the hand is resting/grasping the base like he would be trying to hold his balance. So yeah, the hand bugs me too.

I do like this piece. I know people seem upset because of scale, but this statue will display well with others. DD elevated on a heightened base will look great in people's collections along side the traditional museum statues on regular bases...(ex. alongside the Punisher Comiquiette)

I will say the Hard Hero DD is the still the best representation of the character.

The hand bugs me too, but i won't judge til i see the full reveal, cause this is a Character i have been waiting Forever for SS to make, so i'm quite excited :D

if they really wanted to kill it, sideshow would've made the something like the cover to DD #3

This one?
DD3.jpg

If so, agreed!

Pretty sure they didn't use that designs because it was done before:

DIAMOND SELECT - Marvel Milestone - Daredevil Statue
DDstatue.jpg
DD3.jpg

Back