Daredevil Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't help but think that this statue, skillfully morphed, would make a classic Batman pose.

Can't help but think that this statue, skillfully morphed, would make a classic Batman pose.

It would look very similar to the Bowen Batman statue. The pose is almost the same. Both are crouching. The scale would be a big improvement on the new piece. Never did care for the Bowen Batman. Still waiting for that perfect Batman statue. I have seen some nice custom ones.

Last edited:
It would look very similar to the Bowen Batman statue. The pose is almost the same. Both are crouching. The scale would be a big improvement on the new piece. Never did care for the Bowen Batman. Still waiting for that perfect Batman statue. I have seen some nice custom ones.

The boys at Fat Boy Studios made one of the sickest Batman on gargoyle statues seen to date.

I agree. I feel that Bowen's stuff is way over-rated, including his crouching/gargoyle Batman. And yes, the pose would be similar, but that's all they would have in common. The SS DD sculpt is way superior in quality, detail, size, & yes even pose, & will be the definitive DD sculpt to date (IMO). If someone with special sculpting skills can pull-off the conversion to Batman(!?), I would consider that conversion to possibly be the definitive Batman. Just imagine this sculpt with the Bat's billowing cape. As I've posted in the past, I feel that anything Bowen does not even come close to anything Viggiano or Canale, period. Hoping SS can get the DC licensing, so all the speculation can be put to rest.

P.S. If you have any pics of some of the custom version Batmans, please, share. Take care.

Refresh my memory, was there any confirmation that this was 1:5?

No confirmation but the Sideshow rep pretty said that it's not in scale with the Spidey com's and more in scale with Goblin Com, also if you match the head size via PS like Fuzzy did a while back the head is clearly not 1/4.

No confirmation but the Sideshow rep pretty said that it's not in scale with the Spidey com's and more in scale with Goblin Com, also if you match the head size via PS like Fuzzy did a while back the head is clearly not 1/4.

Thanks Ski!
Was checking my pre-orders earlier & just wanted to know what I was getting.

The boys at Fat Boy Studios made one of the sickest Batman on gargoyle statues seen to date.

Yeah IL, I saw that piece and think it's the best Bats statue I've seen to date. I'm still hoping some company can put out a legit Bats statue. I've never bought a custom piece and would rather have a company release a cool looking Batman statue. Not sure I want to go down the custom road. I already spend too much $$$$ on this hobby!:lol

Yeah IL, I saw that piece and think it's the best Bats statue I've seen to date. I'm still hoping some company can put out a legit Bats statue. I've never bought a custom piece and would rather have a company release a cool looking Batman statue. Not sure I want to go down the custom road. I already spend too much $$$$ on this hobby!:lol

For some reason statues are totally different for me on the custom route. I can do 1/6 customs but for stats I like to go official license.

I agree. I feel that Bowen's stuff is way over-rated, including his crouching/gargoyle Batman. And yes, the pose would be similar, but that's all they would have in common. The SS DD sculpt is way superior in quality, detail, size, & yes even pose, & will be the definitive DD sculpt to date (IMO). If someone with special sculpting skills can pull-off the conversion to Batman(!?), I would consider that conversion to possibly be the definitive Batman. Just imagine this sculpt with the Bat's billowing cape. As I've posted in the past, I feel that anything Bowen does not even come close to anything Viggiano or Canale, period. Hoping SS can get the DC licensing, so all the speculation can be put to rest.

P.S. If you have any pics of some of the custom version Batmans, please, share. Take care.

Well, we have been down this road before Divo. Just because I'm critical of one Bowen piece does not mean that I think all Bowen statues are lacking. In fact, I think many of Bowen's statues are the definitive statues of the marvel U. I can't even say that the SSC DD is better than Bowen's classic red DD on a gargoyle. I own that piece and I can say it will be hard to top. The Bowen Batman was done very early in his career. He has improved greatly since then. Let's just say we don't share the same opinion on BD and leave it at that.

I am very much looking forward to adding the SSC DD to my collection. I separate my BD statues from my SSC ones in my collection. For a long time my SSC collection was lacking in great marvel characters because I'm not a PF fan. With the release of the Hulk, Punisher, Thanos, Silver Surfer, and Spidey comiquettes, my SSC collection is finally taking shape. When SSC releases a Thor and Cap comiquette I'll be over the moon stoked. DD will look great next to all of them.

Last edited:
Back