Clone wars dvd/blu-ray 11/11 it's official

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm usually not picky about covers, but the standard Blu-ray cover looks terrible. I may have to pick up the Target Blu-ray.

I definitely agree with you there, man. The Target cover looks so much better since the regular just has Anakin standing there.

Ordered the 2 disc DVD, havent seen the movie but not that confident all the Naysayers are right. Im hoping Ill like it.

You'll enjoy it. It is like a new adventure that really is just the same Star Wars universe. its not the Original Trilogy that we all love. But a Whole new take, kinda like reading the novels. You just have to have an open mind, besides the new TV show on Cartoon Network looks to be really good and this was the start of that show.

I don't really care that others didn't enjoy it. I took it for what it was, and it was a fun cartoon to watch. Especially fun considering it was given a theatrical release. I'll definitely be picking it up. Probably the Best Buy exclusive if they have Rex on the cover of the BluRay otherwise, I'll pick up the Target ex. BluRay. But WTF?! When the hell are the Saga BluRay DVDs coming out?!?!?!?!?!

P.S. Elder, that's an awesome sig. You know though, Delta would totally mop up the Predators! :p

I am happy with my purchase of the 2-disc edition DVD yesterday. Am looking forward to the release of season1 on DVD.

Anyone knows how many episodes are there in the first season?:)

This really should be included in the series, if/when it comes out on DVD/Blu-Ray. It's not much as a stand-alone movie, but it's okay as a first episode...

I purchased the DVD for my son since I just knew I wasn't going to like it based on reviews. However, I'm now prepared to pay for this on Blu-ray.

This movie isn't for us original trilogy guys. We had our time, and that time has come and gone. ANH, ESB and ROTJ all pretty much formed the basis of my entire childhood. I was absolutely SW obsessed as I'm sure many of you were. The prequel trilogy was meant to attract a whole new legion of fans to the SW universe, and I think it succeeded for the most part in that regard. It needed to satisfy hardcore fans of the original trilogy while captivating a whole new audience experiencing SW for the first time. No small feat mind you.

With Clone Wars, fans of the original trilogy thinking they were going to be treated to something along the lines of either trilogy will of course be sorely disappointed. But I've come to realize that this movie isn't meant for us at all, and for us to be hyper-critical of this film is just absurd. It has a specific target audience and I think it hit its mark. My 3 year old absolutely loves Clone Wars. He has watched the movie numerous times in the short while we've owned it and he still can't seem to get enough. It got to the point where he asked me for a 501st clone trooper costume, which he proudly wears all around the house. Cute kid. And he's always humming the Star Wars theme, always talking about the Clone Wars, and gets excited whenever he sees ANY reference to Star Wars or Clones. Now last I checked, I was just as excited as he was when I experienced Star Wars for the first time. It's like looking at myself 25 - 30 years ago (age 5 during ANH, and age 11 during ROTJ). As he gets older, my son and I will have something else that we can share and enjoy together as we bond as father and son. At least he'll think his dad is pretty cool for still collecting Star Wars toys. :lol Having sat down and watched the Clone Wars several times, I must admit that I rather enjoy it. It really is a fun and entertaining movie if you try to watch it from a kid's perspective, and not through your mature Star Wars purists eyes. It has action, humor, suspense, and everything else that made Star Wars special to us so many years ago. I can't wait to own the entire series.

BTW, I didn't read this entire thread, so forgive me if I'm just echoing thoughts and opinions that have already been expressed by others. :)

Last edited:
I purchased the DVD for my son since I just knew I wasn't going to like it based on reviews. However, I'm now prepared to pay for this on Blu-ray.

This movie isn't for us original trilogy guys. We had our time, and that time has come and gone. ANH, ESB and ROTJ all pretty much formed the basis of my entire childhood. I was absolutely SW obsessed as I'm sure many of you were. The prequel trilogy was meant to attract a whole new legion of fans to the SW universe, and I think it succeeded for the most part in that regard. It needed to satisfy hardcore fans of the original trilogy while captivating a whole new audience experiencing SW for the first time. No small feat mind you.

With Clone Wars, fans of the original trilogy thinking they were going to be treated to something along the lines of either trilogy will of course be sorely disappointed. But I've come to realize that this movie isn't meant for us at all, and for us to be hyper-critical of this film is just absurd. It has a specific target audience and I think it hit its mark. My 3 year old absolutely loves Clone Wars. He has watched the movie numerous times in the short while we've owned it and he still can't seem to get enough. It got to the point where he asked me for a 501st clone trooper costume, which he proudly wears all around the house. Cute kid. And he's always humming the Star Wars theme, always talking about the Clone Wars, and gets excited whenever he sees ANY reference to Star Wars or Clones. Now last I checked, I was just as excited as he was when I experienced Star Wars for the first time. It's like looking at myself 25 - 30 years ago (age 5 during ANH, and age 11 during ROTJ). As he gets older, my son and I will have something else that we can share and enjoy together as we bond as father and son. At least he'll think his dad is pretty cool for still collecting Star Wars toys. :lol Having sat down and watched the Clone Wars several times, I must admit that I rather enjoy it. It really is a fun and entertaining movie if you try to watch it from a kid's perspective, and not through your mature Star Wars purists eyes. It has action, humor, suspense, and everything else that made Star Wars special to us so many years ago. I can't wait to own the entire series.

BTW, I didn't read this entire thread, so forgive me if I'm just echoing thoughts and opinions that have already been expressed by others.

:clap :clap :clap :lecture :lecture :lecture :clap :clap :clap

Back