Friday the 13th (2009) Blu Ray and DVD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Voorhees27

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm still not too sure what I "need" Blu Ray or DVD plus does anyone know what bonuses Blu Ray will have over lets say the "Killer Cut" version? I would assume they are the same thing but not too sure.

friday09dvdfirstnews.jpg

We know from the picture above that there will be a Regular Theatrical version, a Killer Cut (DVD) version and then Blu Ray. What version will you get and why? Release date it June 16, exactly a week from today.

I can't wait, I remember hearing back in February that their will be a completely different version of the movie? Is this correct?

Looking forward to next Tuesday!
I'll be picking up the Blu-Ray version. I'm pretty much buying all of the new release films I really want now on BR. Just looks so amazing!

I haven't a clue what the differences are but I'll just get the one that gives me the most I guess. :rock Can't wait for this to be released. :rock

Not sure when its due out over here .

Looking forward to next Tuesday!
I'll be picking up the Blu-Ray version. I'm pretty much buying all of the new release films I really want now on BR. Just looks so amazing!

I feel the same way but sometimes BR isn't necessary imo ........... well I guess it is considering it was made recently and the picture quality will kick ass on Ray.

I think by the looks of it, Blu Ray and the "Killer Cut" DVD are the exact same so there, that answers my question. :D

If it is true that there is an entirely different version included I will crap my pants!

Disclaimer: TheTerminator will not actually or literally crap his pants. "Crap my pants" is a metaphor used when one is excited. TM.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I've seen the extended version and indeed the opening is a tad longer as well as the sex scene. There's also the scene where Jason sharpens his machete and the scene where he kills the Ambercrombie snob is longer. There my be a few more differences but thats about it.

I watched it with some friends that are big Jason fans i prefer Myers myself but it was pretty good and not a bad way to waste 2 hours. :)

I have had this date marked on my calendar for a while now :lol I'm picking mine up on my way home from work. Can't wait. I'm gonna watch both versions back to back :rock

I did not like this movie compared to others, its just filled up with topless girls all the way, and why did jason leave that girl tied while he killed all the others ? :/

Back