Friday the 13th (2009) Blu Ray and DVD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm disapointed witht he bonus features. I know for a fact that they shot 5 endings to the movie cause Jared Padalecki (Clay) said that depending on which one they used he didn't know if he'd live or not. And there isn't one bonus ending. It is cool that they threw in the original origin of how he got his mask.

This just goes to show that there will be a special edition or deluxe edition some time later on down the line.

Does anyone own a PS3 and watch all Blu Ray movies on it? For the life of me I cannot get to the ef'n menu, only the top menu so I can't make proper selections. ALSO it always (no matter what setting I set it at) plays automatically, it plays the movie and bypasses the menu, everytime!

Can anyone help? I've already (under settings) turned "Automatic play" off.

Does anyone own a PS3 and watch all Blu Ray movies on it? For the life of me I cannot get to the ef'n menu, only the top menu so I can't make proper selections. ALSO it always (no matter what setting I set it at) plays automatically, it plays the movie and bypasses the menu, everytime!

I think it depends on the distributor. I know that for most WB releases there is no main menu, only a pop-up menu and the movie starts right away. I have never touched any setting on my PS3 and most of the time my Blu's go to the main menu first, only because that's how the disc was made. There are a few that play right away, no main menu. Like I said, I think it is a disc/distributor issue.

Same here. I was trying to get to the main menu also, but I don't think there is one. The disc defaults to the "Killer Cut". You can select the "Theatrical Cut" by going into the Special Feature pop-up menu. It's the first feature listed with options for English or French audio.

I also managed to score it for less than $4.00 at FYE after trading in my Saw I-III DVDs and a small stack of CDs.

Hi Roy!!! Yeah, Warner Brothers Blu-rays never have the main menus for some reason, so it's not your PS3's settings. It does the same thing on regular Blu-ray players.
I just watched it tonight, and it was pretty enjoyable.

Hi Roy!!! Yeah, Warner Brothers Blu-rays never have the main menus for some reason, so it's not your PS3's settings. It does the same thing on regular Blu-ray players.
I just watched it tonight, and it was pretty enjoyable.

Yeah I liked it............just not all that impressed with the "Extended version"

Whooopidie doo. :rolleyes: Same thing happened with TDK, there was very little "Bonus" stuff.

The picture was damn nice on Blu Ray but I noticed some weird "blurry" scenes too.

Watched it last night and am gonna watch it again tonight :rock :rock

Oh and I loved...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Watched it last night and am gonna watch it again tonight :rock :rock

Oh and I loved...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yes that and .......

Spoiler Spoiler:

Overall I was impressed when I watched it in theatres and just as impressed when I watched it yesturday. IMO this is one of the best remakes in years.

yeah I agree with you on that scene and I also thought that they showed him more as a kid in the beginning but wasn't sure either :lol :lol

This movie is badass. I can't wait to watch it again :rock

I am so torn .. I want to go buy the blu ray tonight, but I just KNOW that there is going to be another release of this in the future. Maybe I just rent the blu ray for now .. ugh!

I know man I'm right there with you. I'm all happy with the dvd but when I think of how there will be a better edition I'm all bummed :lol It'll have to be something really special to get me to buy it cause I hate rebuying dvds:lol

I think I'm gonna hold off on this one for a bit since I allready have the extended version downloaded to my pc. I hear the extra features arn't that great with the exception of the Trick or Treat trailer and I was hoping for some commentaries and such. Besides I know within a year they'll release another version with more extras.

I gotta be honest I love the score. I know ppl up here trash it and mock it but I honestly think it's pretty badass! On the animated menu when you first put it in and that music kicks on I like it.

this music'd be cool as hell to play at a halloween party :rock

I gotta be honest I love the score. I know ppl up here trash it and mock it but I honestly think it's pretty badass! On the animated menu when you first put it in and that music kicks on I like it.

this music'd be cool as hell to play at a halloween party :rock

Agreed. Its grown on me too, this film overall has grown on me alot.

I loved the score too. It's classic Friday, without it sounding anything like Friday's scores....when the theme came on in the opening, it just screams "JASON".

It did need more "Ki Ki KI Ma Ma Ma" though. But then again....it didnt. Cuz it would become too clicheie. They did the kills perfect. Little build up...and WHAM.

I have yet to see this movie, better then the originals?..might pick it up tomarrow.

Back