WATCHMEN: The DVD/Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone have any more info on the ULT edition? Such as, will all the extras from the current version be included in it? If so, then I'm waiting.

Does anyone have any more info on the ULT edition? Such as, will all the extras from the current version be included in it? If so, then I'm waiting.

I think all the stuff from the Director's Cut will be included + a bunch of other stuff. But there has been no real word about the release yet other then it comes out around Christmas, will include 5 disc's and will only be sold until the end of June, 2010.

https://www.thehdroom.com/news/First_Watchmen_Ultimate_Collectors_Edition_Blu-ray_Details/5198

https://screenrant.com/watchmen-ult...-holis-mason-nite-owl-death-scene-kofi-16956/

Doesn't look like it, and if that's the case, it pretty much means I won't be double dipping on it, since I don't have a Blu-Ray player.

Did that BD live thing on sat night...it was all right. Synder got peppered with the usual "Why did you change this/leave this out?" questions along with running commentaries of sandwiches and blue junk....nothing revelatory or truly interesting revealed.

The idea of the event is cool though...lots of folks viewing the flick at the same time taking part in the same conversation...

The film does look and sound truly stunning on BR....and the extended cut is actually really good...fleshing scenes out, adding a few and technically seamless and well done.

I'm pretty new with this BR thing....to those that are still on the fence and waiting...if you love this movies, it's a good starting point to enjoy this format.

I just watched Watchmen on DVD with my twin brother and I have to say it wasn't that bad. I never read the comic and I heard nothing but bad things about it. I went in thinking I was going to hate it, I'm glad I was wrong.
Not a bad movie, too much blue junk though.:D
:chew

The blue junk has a reason, though it's not as clear in the movie. As you jump back and forth through time, Manhattan originally wore a black tank top and shorts (though not in the movie) right after his accident, and then gradually wore less and less...it's meant to showcase how he's losing touch with humanity, that he doesn't even care anymore. But the movie doesn't make you as aware of it as the book does.

I was at Zack Snyder's BD-Live panel at Comic-Con. Afterwards, he stayed way late into the night signing stuff, taking pictures, and meeting the fans. I got him to sign my Watchmen and 300 Blu-rays, which I happened to have in my backpack:lol.

picture.php

The blue junk has a reason, though it's not as clear in the movie. As you jump back and forth through time, Manhattan originally wore a black tank top and shorts (though not in the movie) right after his accident, and then gradually wore less and less...it's meant to showcase how he's losing touch with humanity, that he doesn't even care anymore. But the movie doesn't make you as aware of it as the book does.

I tell this to people I know, but they just call me ^^^^. :(

I was at Zack Snyder's BD-Live panel at Comic-Con. Afterwards, he stayed way late into the night signing stuff, taking pictures, and meeting the fans. I got him to sign my Watchmen and 300 Blu-rays, which I happened to have in my backpack:lol.

That's really neat.

I still find it funny how many people had a problem with seeing Dr. Manhattan's junk in the movie. Seriously, of the entire movie, of all the depth and meaning in the film, that is the only thing you can make a comment on? Are you that insecure about your sexuality?

I still find it funny how many people had a problem with seeing Dr. Manhattan's junk in the movie. Seriously, of the entire movie, of all the depth and meaning in the film, that is the only thing you can make a comment on? Are you that insecure about your sexuality?

Those people aren't even worth engaging at all.

I dont even remember looking at it....I was focused on his face, and his subtle expressions.

I looked every time because the controversy brainwashed me to look. But I couldn't tell if he was cut or uncut. :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Hey whats up guys? I was looking over the last couple post and saw some request for pics of the Amazon Special Edition w/ the Owl Ship. I got mine prior to Comic Con, but was super busy w/ the show that I didn't have time to check the thread or post images. I bought the Blu Ray version. It's in a plastic clear case, which shows the whole thing w/out having to remove it from the packaging. I'm still debating wether or not to remove it from the packaging because it looks great as it is and I bought the regular Blu Ray to watch & the Best Buy exclusive also. Sorry in advance that the pics are not out of the package:peace. Here are a couple of pics.

DSC07638.jpg

DSC07640.jpg

DSC07645.jpg

DSC07641.jpg

DSC07663.jpg

DSC07667.jpg

DSC07673.jpg

DSC07647.jpg

DSC07661.jpg

Picked up Watchmen yesterday, as soon as it was released. It wasn't the Director's Cut, because Australia sucks and doesn't get any of the good stuff. Guess I'll have to wait for the other edition coming out later.

Picked up Watchmen yesterday, as soon as it was released. It wasn't the Director's Cut, because Australia sucks and doesn't get any of the good stuff. Guess I'll have to wait for the other edition coming out later.

Denmark and the UK sucks tooo because we didnt get it either. Doesnt matter, i'm getting the US version. Both the Amazon exclusive box-set (thanks, Rodimus, for the pics :rock) and by the looks of it, the regular Bleu-Ray to watch.

The directors cut really enhanced the movie for me. I'm still in awe of how Snyder managed to hit all the major beats in the comic but still made it his own. It's a movie that was never going to be a big hit with mainstream audiences and has had quite the critical lambasting overall. Personally if feel the film is a "Blade Runer" and will receive critical reevalutaion over the coming decades.

Looking forward to the ultimate edition in December.

Back