Christopher Nolan's Interstellar

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It already felt a lot like 2001 before they added a version of the Monolith that can walk around.

That robot was in the original screenplay, but man, I did not visualize it as a walking, black slab, monolith rip off when I read those bits. Wally's Transcendence was also hyped up as this big, effectual, film of a film by Nolan fans before those first screening hit . . . till it fell flat on his face. And for what? Because it was one of Nolan's bros, his cinematographer?

I'm sure this will be nothing like that though. Nolan is infallible, many awards will be bestowed upon thee.

Last edited:
Transcendence was pretty horrid. The robot thing is weird, maybe it has different functions and transforms? Hopefully it doesn't look like that all the time, because that's a ****ing horrible design for a robot. IDK, I haven't really been keeping up with the film like others. Other then that, pretty excited!

Well so far completely UNDERWHELMED..looks like a small scale Nolan film compared to his last couple. Looks frankly plain and all the space stuff I've seen 50 times before and better done. I think Contact looked alot more original for a "feel good" sci-fi epic.
Hopefully the trailers are showing very little and there is ALOT more incredible stuff not revealed.
I don't want this to be another 2010....ughhh.

cmJ-viceroy-nute-gunray-star-wars.jpg

McConaughey has been nothing short of stellar lately.

Yes, he made horrible flicks before, but I believe the guy is extremely talented.,

I don’t think he’s a bad actor, but I think based on one year of solid material from him, people seem to excuse the 20 years of crap he’s starred in before that. He’s also one of those actors that excel in specific roles, I wouldn’t place him up there with the best guys in the business like Christian Bale, Sean Pean, Brad Pitt, Leonardo Dicaprio, Daniel Day Lewis, etc….

Yeah, those are hard to forget.

I think marriage and fatherhood set him straight though, probably much like Affleck. I'm sure we'll see more amazing performances from him.

And I really don't see the appeal in Brad Pitt tbh. He is not horrible, but I think he's quite overrated, just like Depp.

Yup, Depp.

Yeah, those are hard to forget.

I think marriage and fatherhood set him straight though, probably much like Affleck. I'm sure we'll see more amazing performances from him.

And I really don't see the appeal in Brad Pitt tbh. He is not horrible, but I think he's quite overrated, just like Depp.

Yup, Depp.

Depp, I don’t think he’s a bad actor either, but I think he’s at his best when he has roles specifically written for him. When he plays a regular human being though, he brings absolutely no life and charisma to the role.

Pitt on the other hand is extraordinary in my opinion, have you ever seen Snatch, Se7en, Fight Club, The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, 12 Monkeys, The Tree of Life, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Burn After Reading, Inglorious Basterds, Babel etc…

You can pretty much cast Pitt in any role, all those characters in those movies are some different from one another, he seems to be slowing down these days to spend more time with family and producing movies, but he certainly more talented than Depp and most other actors working today.

Edward Scissor Hands > Benjamin Button

Lt. Aldo Raine < Captain Jack Sparrow

Hunter S. Thompson > Tyler Durden

Edward Scissor Hands < Tyler Durden

Mickey O’Neil > Captain Jack Sparrow

Hunter S. Thompson < Jesse James

Pitt’s entire filmography ****s on Depp’s.

Doesn’t Jack Nicholson play himself in everything? He basically turned the Joker into Jack Nicholson :nana:

Back